test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Competitive Reputation "Commodities" (for lack of a better word)...

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
I am doing this Rep...and getting a load of, well, "batteries", "buffs", "drones", whatevers.....
I can't seem to get them trigger anything while in MI.

What are these things for???? PvP only???
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Best Answer

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I believe they are only good in Competitive PVE Queues.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

Answers

• Options
    Well, that kinda sucks. I wanted to see how they worked. Oh well.
    I guess, I don't need to keep them and free up some space in inventory.

I wonder if I even need to complete the "Competitive Rep" after all.
    Nah...I will do it because I can't stand not filling every stupid "bar" in the game.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I can't see myself ever using them, since I don't start a rep until I have enough marks to finish it. So imagine my surprise when I got my first Rep box and opened it to find these things. I was hoping for some gear but I can understand why the Devs didn't go that route.

I hate to just throw them away, but it's just inventory clutter for me. I'd love it if we could put these things on the Exchange and let players who will actually use them be able to buy them.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    Haven't gotten any of the Strategums in the reward boxes yet either. I don't know if they are in the mix for these like other Reputations.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Haven't gotten any of the Strategums in the reward boxes yet either. I don't know if they are in the mix for these like other Reputations.

they are, I got one.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    With gear one gets some EC from the vendor....though I thought I saw EC INSIDE the prize boxes ????
    I will have to look closer next time.

Are these "Strategums" the Elite Marks for the Competitive Rep????
    Shoot, that means sorting must go on....not just mindless vendor trashing everything.

• Options
    The Strategums are the 'Elite' Marks. Yes you get 10k EC per box as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yup, pay 15k for the Daily, get 10k back. Kinda DUH, but hey, I'll take a refund w/o complaining.
    Just bought my 7 alts the Sponsorship tokens, so now I can start using the 600 marks I got on all of them (from Borg Alerts) and they'll be to T5 soon enough w/o running one Competitive event! ;)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,268 Arc User
    BTW Just a minor peice of trivia but if you activate one those buffs in a comp PvE queue the buff will stay even after you finished it (oh and it carries thru death or so it seems) so they're not utterly useless just rather hard to use. That said I vendor the space stuff and "player takedown" ones as those I have no use as I don't do the space queues for the competative PvE nor do I do stuff where I could get that many kills on players.