test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is there a penalty for upgrading a reputation tier?

I know this is probably a dumb question. But why is it my romulan at tier 4 can get level 13 new romulus items and it says level 14 but my temporal agent at tier 5 can only get level 12 gear?

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    What are the specific items? Rep items are mark 12 unless you created a TOS captain during the Temporal Recruitment event and completed the task to earn the XIII UR perk.

Regardless, your mark XII gear can be upgraded. Get some Superior Upgrade tokens.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    What are the specific items? Rep items are mark 12 unless you created a TOS captain during the Temporal Recruitment event and completed the task to earn the XIII UR perk.

Yeah, it's important for the topic to know exactly what the OP's looking at. Reputation project gear (ie. that which you earn from donating marks, dilithium, and EC) is Mk XII (Very Rare) by default. If the OP's AOY-event temporal agent earned the necessary perk, then any NEW reputation projects will award Mk XIII (Ultra Rare). In-progress projects are NOT automatically boosted to XIII UR, so that may be the MK XII gear the OP is seeing.

Note: that any weapons, consoles, and armor that you get through the reputation store (dil only, no project) or through opening those little bonus boxes will NOT be upgraded by the AOY rep perk. It only applies to reputation project gear.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Temporal characters go straight to lvl 13 UR gear. Once all reps on said temporal characters are done I belive that 13 UR passes on to all other characters.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • draelen#0702 draelen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    You guys are great. So I made a temporal agent during the promotion. Just barely started getting enough marks to complete some of the reps. Specifically its the romulan, wait ok everything is level 13 but not for my temporal agent? Only the characters on the account?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    You guys are great. So I made a temporal agent during the promotion. Just barely started getting enough marks to complete some of the reps. Specifically its the romulan, wait ok everything is level 13 but not for my temporal agent? Only the characters on the account?

It's an account perk. If you started any projects before unlocking the perk, but are only now trying to finish them, they will still award Mk XII gear. Furthermore, this only applies to reputation project gear. Bonus gear (from the daily/hourly boxes and the dilithium store) is not upgraded to XIII UR by the perk.

P.S. Did you use your temporal agent's device to claim the perk on your recruit?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Temporal characters go straight to lvl 13 UR gear. Once all reps on said temporal characters are done I belive that 13 UR passes on to all other characters.

Remember that the claim to access to Mark XIII Reputation Projects must still be claimed on each character, even if it is already unlocked for the account.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • draelen#0702 draelen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I thank you all for your help. I understand now.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

Temporal agents only get MK XIII gear after getting the reps to tier V and claiming the bonus, they do not go straight to MK XIII gear. Only after that has happened, the other toons on the account can also claim the bonus and start receiving MK XIII gear.

Disclaimer: As I did not test it, it is possible the other toons can claim the bonus and get MK XIII gear even if the Temporal toon never actually claimed the bonus after getting the reps to Tier V.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I know this is probably a dumb question. But why is it my romulan at tier 4 can get level 13 new romulus items and it says level 14 but my temporal agent at tier 5 can only get level 12 gear?

You must have completed the AoY requirements to get UR Mk XIII items. Gratz! :) I still need to finish up on that myself. But I think you need to specifically claim said boon on every toon.
    3lsZz0w.jpg