test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Proposal: Dinamic Difficult on low populated queues

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
The problem with queues not triggering due to a lack of players could be solved if they put a dinamic dificult configuration on a timer, so, lets say two players entered the queue, the game waits, and after 5 minutes (and no other player enters), it starts with just two players but with less difficult, lets say:

Less enemies, lower hulls/damage, more time, any of those, depending on the queue optionals/difficulty.

You can keep the original rewards (as it would be the same, just less players), and everyone can play their favorite queues with their Friends, or solo if you have no Friends.

So you can choose what to play and how to play it... more power to players! :wink:
The forces of darkness are upon us!

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    As if the queues weren't already way too easy to begin with. :s

I'd play them alone as they are, if I was allowed to. Though not if I was required to wait in a queue for 5 minutes first. Whole point of going in solo or with a short team is to avoid waiting.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    My idea is to let your Boffs command 4 of your ships in the shipyard, aka space 'away team', for older content that no one does anymore via pugging. The difficulty would have to be lowered since your boffs will be stupider (hopefully? ;) ) than players. It'd be nice to have a version of the ground boff commands in space so you can somewhat dictate what they do and where they go.

Even if our Boffs' ships were dumbed down a bit gear-wise, it'd be cool to actually command a fleet of our own 'for real' instead of just A.S.S.ing it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    My idea is to let your Boffs command 4 of your ships in the shipyard, aka space 'away team', for older content that no one does anymore via pugging. The difficulty would have to be lowered since your boffs will be stupider (hopefully? ;) ) than players. It'd be nice to have a version of the ground boff commands in space so you can somewhat dictate what they do and where they go.

Even if our Boffs' ships were dumbed down a bit gear-wise, it'd be cool to actually command a fleet of our own 'for real' instead of just A.S.S.ing it.

I have advocated this idea as well. They could allow us to promote our BOFFs to captain and assign them any ship in our roster from T1-T4 to command. Outfit the ships with any gear. Allow them to use the generic captain abilities and/or 4 of their career specific space abilities. Or they could make a Captain Specialization for BOFFs that allow them a set of specific abilities for use when commanding a starship. Additionally, I think it would be awesome if, at Level 60, when we call in Fleet Support, these ships would show up instead of the single battlecruiser that we get now.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

The difficulty doesn't have to be lowered and we don't need any boffs commanding any ships (though having some would be nice, I'm a fleet admiral where's my fleet). Most queues can be done alone just fine.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Wasn't the admiralty system originally going to be a ship based away team, until they realised that their ai would need a total reworking and we ended up with an alternative boff system instead.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    warpangel wrote: »

The difficulty doesn't have to be lowered and we don't need any boffs commanding any ships (though having some would be nice, I'm a fleet admiral where's my fleet). Most queues can be done alone just fine.

True, for us, that invested in a good build, but most casuals strugle to kill a few ships while closing the portals in MUI, so, you have to point to the common denominator here.. i agree your Boffs would be great, but they already have a similar system in those skirmishes in sector space, that increase difficulty when more people enters the instance..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!