test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pretty sure they will release a Yorktown Class

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
With the update to the Miranda, the Reliant class, i'm pretty sure they will release a refit to the Exeter Class, the Yorktown Class using the assets created for the Reliant Class, considering the anniversary of TWoK, it will be in the c-store, and possibly a 4-4 cruiser, probably command or inteligence. Opinions? (that also gives the oportunity to update the look of the constitution refit) :smiley:
The forces of darkness are upon us!

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    There already is. It's one of the Odyssey variants.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Besides the ody naming issue we already have a "T6 Exeter", the T6 connie already has access to all the variants so chances that we're getting a T6 connie type in the store are below zero.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Dunno, the conni yes, but the Connie refit no... didn't remember about the Ody variant, thanks, the Temporal Light Cruiser is great, but its quite a powerful ship, a little brother of it would be quite good for a lot of folks :smile:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    I could see them updating the model of the Constitution Refit but not release a new ship. I honestly wished the Reliant shared the same design as the Exeter Class.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    There is a pretty good possibility of a visual revamp of the TMP Constitution. However, it will not appear in the C-Store and will just apply to the already existing promo constitution. Such a revamp would probably coincide with an infinity promotion coming later this year or some time further down the road.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I could see them updating the model of the Constitution Refit but not release a new ship. I honestly wished the Reliant shared the same design as the Exeter Class.

An update to the TMP Connie will definitely be part of a new ship. Precedent would suggest a new promo variant, like the Jem'Hadar Strike and Recon ships, however I'm not ready to completely rule out the possibility of a C-Store variant.

With the Bug ships, there's no real incentive to own both on one character, especially given the outrageous price tag. However with the Connie they could put a variant in the store, ensure the promo variant is slightly better overall, and add in a very strong set bonus with the new console. This would give current T6 Connie owners a reason to buy the C-Store version, C-Store only purchasers would still have incentive to gamble for the promo variant, and the double dipping would truly maximize the profit potential of this immensely popular ship.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I saw Yorktown class was the Enterprise era ship from Star Trek Legacy?
    latest?cb=20150207190405
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)