test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Mirrors and Smoke Week 4 Rewards!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Each week, Captains can get new rewards just by playing the Featured Episode, "Mirrors and Smoke"

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10502993

Comments

• shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Well, it's amusing to see that my comparisons to the kit used by the RA3!Desolators are pretty close to the mark. Was somewhat surprised to find the weapon lacks a melee attack, but that's probably justified in-universe - given the noted Kentari tendency to cut corners, the thing might not fare well under such treatment. If there is one thing I would change, it would be the animation associated with the full-set bonus (Residuum Reactant Deployment) so that it matches what one would expect from the description: give it an activation animation similar to the engineers' ortillery, with a drone making a low pass to deliver the chemicals (aside from the description text, this is strongly implied by the ability icon itself).
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Has anyone completed the Mirrors & Smoke mission for Week 4 rewards?

I was wanting to verify that it is still offering the extra perk per account of the Specialization Point or the Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade.

When I clicked to redo the mission this week just the normal rewards appeared in the pre-mission briefing & I had thought that the extra rewards appeared too for the 1st completion of the week?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can verify.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Has anyone completed the Mirrors & Smoke mission for Week 4 rewards?

I was wanting to verify that it is still offering the extra perk per account of the Specialization Point or the Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade.

When I clicked to redo the mission this week just the normal rewards appeared in the pre-mission briefing & I had thought that the extra rewards appeared too for the 1st completion of the week?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can verify.

Was just looking at the reward list myself and noticed the weekly account bonus missing. @ambassadorkael#6946 Is this working as intended? The weekly box has always appeared in the rewardlist before. Like nommo I kinda want some confirmation before I run it again.
    Meanwhile I may partake in some Mirror crazyness, lack dilithium very much.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    The dates on the mission from the journal "Current Event" section or whatever it's called say December 31st 7pm to 7pm... so someone messed up.

Again.
    cokebear wrote: »
    The dates on the mission from the journal "Current Event" section or whatever it's called say December 31st 7pm to 7pm... so someone messed up.

Again.

But that was always the case for this FE. It still didn't prevent it from dispensing the weekly account reward.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

toiva wrote: »
    cokebear wrote: »

Again.

But that was always the case for this FE. It still didn't prevent it from dispensing the weekly account reward.

I haven't done it yet, but fleetmates did and did NOT get the reward.
    Well good news, now the FE is showing the weekly account reward at last. Don't know if somebody forgot to flip a switc or some timed action got bugged and delayed. As long as it's showing in rewards, it should now be fine.

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Sorry about that folks - you're right that it was a minor glitch on our end, but it should be fixed now.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Okay, great, that got fixed. Now how about making it so the Bonus Mark weekend actually applies a bonus to Competitive marks.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Sorry about that folks - you're right that it was a minor glitch on our end, but it should be fixed now.

Cool beans, thanks for the correction & update. Cheers to all.

I was just coming back to say that it appeared today when we went to play, so whatever was wrong is fixed. Thanks, whoever did that!
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    How long is the weekly account reward available? Until Thursday 10am Pacific Time like usual? Last time I checked in-game it still said Dec 31 7pm-7pm, and I can't find any deadlines mentioned elsewhere (sorry if I missed it somewhere).
  • mcampbelldev#6660 mcampbelldev Member Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer
    Well, it's amusing to see that my comparisons to the kit used by the RA3!Desolators are pretty close to the mark. Was somewhat surprised to find the weapon lacks a melee attack, but that's probably justified in-universe - given the noted Kentari tendency to cut corners, the thing might not fare well under such treatment. If there is one thing I would change, it would be the animation associated with the full-set bonus (Residuum Reactant Deployment) so that it matches what one would expect from the description: give it an activation animation similar to the engineers' ortillery, with a drone making a low pass to deliver the chemicals (aside from the description text, this is strongly implied by the ability icon itself).

There was a redesign with the Set clicky for reasons, which explains the icon and current design. Have you used the weapon much? I've done my own tests for balance and function but I haven't gotten feedback from people on their opinions of how it plays.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    There was a redesign with the Set clicky for reasons, which explains the icon and current design.
    Would you be so kind as to elaborate?
    Have you used the weapon much? I've done my own tests for balance and function but I haven't gotten feedback from people on their opinions of how it plays.
    Yes, I played around with it for a bit in the DIZ; the mechanic is certainly interesting. And could qualify the weapon for citing as an example of Videogame Cruelty Potential.,,