test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Mirror Invasion Event!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Mirror Universe invades Star Trek Online for the next three weeks, and only you can stop them, Captains.

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10505173

Comments

• veeger#9876 veeger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    "The Mirror Invasion will be returning to Star Trek Online as part of a brand new limited time event starting on Thursday, April 18th at 9AM PST, and ending on Thursday, June 8, at 10AM PST. This revamped event map will only be playable during this three week event timeframe."

Shouldn't that be May 18th?
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Starting April 18th, wow! Didn't know Cryptic had access to time machines...

iB6qUx7.png

Looking forward to smashing some Mirror ships again :smile:
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    The announcement says it's been revamped, does this mean it's been reworked again or are you just referring to the original revamp from a few years ago? This is easily my least favorite event, thanks in large part to all of the people who go in and mooch.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    yay mirror stuff!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    More fools to face our fire
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
      I enjoy this mission! Will Competitive Marks be available from the event?
    • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

I doubt it....
      Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
      2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
      3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
      4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
      5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
      6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
      7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
      8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager

They will, in fact!
    • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
      edited May 2017
      Oh wow, so Competitive Marks will be available. Sounds like a fun event too. Quick question, sorry if I missed reading it somewhere, but does anyone know if this will have to be done per character or for the account-wide? Thanks in advance for the clarity & good luck & fun to us all starting tomorrow.
    • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      oh good I need alot more terran marks... yes I know you can get the others but that happens to be what I need right now. battlezone is great for elite marks not some much for the nurmal ones.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
      edited May 2017
      lnblade wrote: »
      The announcement says it's been revamped, does this mean it's been reworked again or are you just referring to the original revamp from a few years ago? This is easily my least favorite event, thanks in large part to all of the people who go in and mooch.

It'd be nice if it WERE revamped (again), but I'm willing to bet that the announcement is just a copy/paste job and there has been no revamp. If there has, maybe it'll make it more enjoyable.
      Will Competitive Marks be available from the event?

I hope so, since I'll either be doing Competitive queues for the marks, or this. Don't have time for both. Especially considering how long it takes for the Competitive queues to pop anymore.

I'll run it for the Competitive marks if it offers them, but I seriously doubt I'll run this for the big reward at the end. 14 days of this mission? No thank you.

I really enjoyed this mission before the revamp. I thought it was kind of fun the first time after the revamp. Now it's just too much of a pain to enjoy. Partly to leechers, but mostly to dead time with nothing to do.

edited to add...

They will, in fact!

In that case, I can muddle thru for the marks.
      Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
      I stand corrected...

I'm just hoping that this particular circumstance is a prelude to my dream expansion: Mirror Recruits.

The resurgent Terran Empire has expanded far too quickly to sustain itself properly, hence the incursions into the Prime Universe for resources. The Empire is engaged in a protracted bluff game with the other powers, but a few Terran Imperials are seeing the writing on the wall, knowing that the Empire will soon collapse, and as such defected to the Prime Universe.
      Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
      2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
      3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
      4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
      5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
      6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
      7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
      8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
      nommo#5819 wrote: »
      Oh wow, so Competitive Marks will be available. Sounds like a fun event too. Quick question, sorry if I missed reading it somewhere, but does anyone know if this will have to be done per character or for the account-wide? Thanks in advance for the clarity & good luck & fun to us all starting tomorrow.

This has always been a per character thing. They may have changed it, and I pray they have (at least for the console), but I'm not counting on it. Want the console on all your character, you'll need to run it on all your characters.

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
      The perfect reward would be a Mirror Skin for the Odissey! it would be nice! :smiley:
      The forces of darkness are upon us!
    • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
      hooray for competitive marks. We'll send those baddies back to their own universe toot sweet.
      Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
      The return of Waffle Station!!!!!
      Eu44IrT.jpg
    • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
      iamynaught wrote: »

This has always been a per character thing. They may have changed it, and I pray they have (at least for the console), but I'm not counting on it. Want the console on all your character, you'll need to run it on all your characters.

Thanks for the insight iamynaught. That could definitely be a grind per character. Hope it doesn't take to much time & the reward is worth it then.
    • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
      Why couldn't they just leave us event free until the Summer event? The past couple of months had been the best. Now back to grind we go.
    • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User

They will, in fact!

Excellent! Nice one.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User

They will, in fact!

Makes the grind easier, thanks
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
        lucho80 wrote: »
        Why couldn't they just leave us event free until the Summer event? The past couple of months had been the best. Now back to grind we go.

They pretty much always do 4 of these 3-week events per year. This one is right about on schedule. Last year it was Crystalline in the May slot, but otherwise exactly when expected. There will almost certainly be one of these in August and one in November, too. At least one of those will probably be Crystalline Entity, if not both.
        This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.

Thanks for the insight iamynaught. That could definitely be a grind per character. Hope it doesn't take to much time & the reward is worth it then.

It's a 12 minute queue with a 1 minute wait for the briefing at the beginning, another minute or so wait time to be briefed before the boss battle and a period of I believe 3 minutes at the end to beat the boss and get the optional reward. It can of course take longer to beat the boss depending on your team, but you are stuck in there about 15 minutes per run.

The queue will pop pretty quickly, but still, if you get 4 runs in per 60 minutes, you're doing well.

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User

It's a 12 minute queue with a 1 minute wait for the briefing at the beginning, another minute or so wait time to be briefed before the boss battle and a period of I believe 3 minutes at the end to beat the boss and get the optional reward. It can of course take longer to beat the boss depending on your team, but you are stuck in there about 15 minutes per run.

The queue will pop pretty quickly, but still, if you get 4 runs in per 60 minutes, you're doing well.

Yeah, it's a slog to do for more than 4. I think what I will do is go all the way with 3 or 4 characters then just play a little on everyone else for the new marks.

boffel woffles but it don't fall down- is what I think every time mirror comes to town.
        Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
        edited May 2017
        I hope they've streamlined this like they did with The Breach, otherwise it means 3 hours a day to get each of my 10 toons through a single instance. Earning competitive marks is a must, especially seeing as the PvEs that earn them have seen a sharp drop in the number of players running them.
      • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
        I wish they revamped this down time-wise like they did with Breach. Crystalline, I always run all 14 of my Characters through. Breach, the first time only 6, the last revamped one I ran all 14 through, though near the end I began to regret that decision. This has been 5 to 6 in the past. Will probably be the same this time as well.
        'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
        Judge Dan Haywood
        'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
        l don't know.
        l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
        That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
        Lt. Philip J. Minns
      • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
        no revamp to make less annoying
        still enforced timegate wasting valuable time
        player performance doesn't matter in the least

excuse me, i have to go and vomit​​
        Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
        An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
        A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
        A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
        "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
        Passion and Serenity are one.
        I gain power by understanding both.
        In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
        I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
        The Force is united within me.
        edited May 2017
        anodynes wrote: »
        lucho80 wrote: »

They pretty much always do 4 of these 3-week events per year. This one is right about on schedule. Last year it was Crystalline in the May slot, but otherwise exactly when expected. There will almost certainly be one of these in August and one in November, too. At least one of those will probably be Crystalline Entity, if not both.

I have a feeling that they are working on revamping the Crystalline Entity. They absolutely cannot like the fact that players are bum-rushiung this queue and finishing it in under a minute. So if I'm correct and they are revamping it, I can see them wanting to hold off on doing another Crystalline Catastrophe event until after the revamp, so they can show it off if for no other reason.
        RIP competitive queues, long live mirror event.

They've been dead-ish for the last week. But I agree with the sentiment that this will kill them entirely. At least for the next few weeks. So hopefully I can get the rest of my alts enough marks over the next 3 weeks so I never have to wait for them to pop again.
        I hope they've streamlined this like they did with The Breach, otherwise it means 3 hours a day to get each of my 10 toons through a single instance. Earning competitive marks is a must, especially seeing as the PvEs that earn them have seen a sharp drop in the number of players running them.

Oh, I would love it if it were streamlined. As an altaholic, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to run this on all my alts. As much as I sometimes say I don't have a life, I do have one and it doesn't involve sitting at the computer for 13+ hours a day. I'll run an alt until they have enough marks banked to finish the rep and move on. I won't even bother with the console. As I said in an earlier post, 14 days of this mission, no thanks.

Now, if they would simply make the reward, in this case the Interphasic Instability Device Universal Console an account unlock, I would indeed run this for 14 days to unlock it for all characters on my account. The mark and Dil bonus could be left as a per character bonus.

But for the love of mental health, make the unique reward available to the account if you want us to slog through this dreck for 14 days.

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
        edited May 2017
        RIP competitive queues, long live mirror event.

*long live AFK mirror event. :p

dragunfyr wrote: »
        The return of Waffle Station!!!!!

Who wants waffles? B)

18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
      • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
        Will give it a go on my main, but if ends up being the same old snooze fest, I might just skip it this time..
        Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
        Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
        What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
        3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif