test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Contact Day Writing Contest Winners!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
It's time to announce the winners of our First Contact Day Writing Contest, and for you to read the winning entries! Thank you to everyone who entered, we had so many amazing stories to choose from.

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10486013

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Great stuff! Congrats to the winners. I hope we do another one of these soon. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    F*ck you got me, I ad seomthing to do but now Imma gonna read everything. Can I read the other entries?????
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Congrats to the winners.

@k20vtec
    You can always ask them to post them on the Forum. Basically, it's up to the writers to publish their entries if they want to.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    k20vtec wrote: »
    F*ck you got me, I ad seomthing to do but now Imma gonna read everything. Can I read the other entries?????

That's up to individual authors and the presence of a place to put the entries (Kael mentioned something about a ten forward thread :wink:).

I'm a little more ahead of the game on this subject though so here's one of those that didn't make the top 3. :)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwyGn-YYxuDHa0R0ejNXRnk5djQ/view?usp=sharing
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Congratulations to the winners (wow, 400).

Kael, you were thinking captain's table for posting? Gonna get mine up later.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Congrats to the winners! Some great stories there!
  • gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I would have liked to have participated. Where was this contest promoted? Is another writing contest coming up? That would be nice if it was a regular thing.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Big time congratulations to Matthew C., Jason W., & Tia N. upon the titles & the Admiralty Cards along with the Phoenix Prize Packs. I hope the Phoenix Prize Packs have at least a decent winner in them.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    I would have liked to have participated. Where was this contest promoted? Is another writing contest coming up? That would be nice if it was a regular thing.

On the forums, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, the launcher on PC and the front page news for all platforms. :)

We'll definitely be doing more of these in the future.

• athyinliveathyinlive Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Hello,

Congrats to the winners.
    Can we hope this translating ?

Thanks,
    Athy
    stofr_11.png
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    athyinlive wrote: »
    Hello,

Congrats to the winners.
    Can we hope this translating ?

Thanks,
    Athy

You'd have to ask Nevandon if he wants to localize the EN winners. :)
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    All else fails, google translate is an option...sure, its not perfect, but it should do the job
  • gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User

On the forums, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, the launcher on PC and the front page news for all platforms. :)

We'll definitely be doing more of these in the future.
    Wow, can't believe I missed it. Must have been under a rock when this was announced, because I am usually ear-to-the-ground with STO news. Thanks for the info. I look forward to the next one!
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I won third place!
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Congrats!! Nice work everyone.

I just posted mine in the entries thread.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I'm now wondering if the other winners have gotten their prizes yet. Mine hasn't come in, and I don't know another way to contact the other folks who won.