test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PODCAST] Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 261: Journey to Urbiessa

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 261: 'Journey to Urbiessa' has warped on to Holosuite Media, you can download and stream it from:
In this week's episode we once again welcome back to the show Manu Intiraymi from Star Trek Voyager (52:01) who talks about his project The Circuit: Urbiessa that involves Star Trek stars such as Walter Koenig, Terry Farrell, Robert Beltran, Armin Shimerman, Robert Picardo, Ethan Phillips, JG Hertzler, Robert O'Reilly, Hana Hatae, Tim Russ, Doug Jones plus other science fiction actors like Gigi Edgley, Sylvester McCoy, Corin Nemec and many more.

We also discuss this week's news and information from Star Trek Online (2:03:32), Star Trek Online Consoles (3:31:05) and Star Trek Timelines (02:18).

Please reply to this post with any feedback on any of the topics we've talked about and we'll discuss your thoughts in our next episode.
Tribbles261.png

Comments

• Options
    alex1geralex1ger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Hello there, tribbles.

Uhm... There's not that much to talk about this week.

Balance Q&A livestream:

Okay, first off, I really like the way this is going. More communication is great. I wholeheartedly encourage more (and better!) communication. I'd still like to get some sort of "state of the game" blog or maybe even a "roadmap" by the EP, Mr. Ricossa, but maybe he's just busy doing... uhm... something. I haven't really heard/read much from him. Well, that season 13 flavour blurb but that's about it. Without it, I wouldn't even know whether he's still the EP or not. *shrug*
    And announcing these livestreams a little earlier would be really nice. Sure, some of the more recent livestreams have been announced a few days in advance but for others it was just a few hours (or just one hour). I don't know if anyone else cares but these kinds of last minute announcements annoy me greatly.

But I digress, so back to topic. Borticus, who seems to be the "LEAD systems designer" now, sat down with AmbassadorKael and answered questions about the whole rebalancing thing. So... uhm... since (more or less) around the launch of AoY we got a new lead artist, a new lead content designer and a new lead systems designer. I'm curious to see what these people can do.
    The somewhat cursory glance at their design philosophy I got during the livestream was... not bad. Not bad at all. I don't quite dare call it good because, well, you probably read my e-mail by now so time will tell if Cryptic is finally starting to deliver but the livestream left me slightly less skeptical. (Oh so slightly!)

I just wish someone got the story back on track. No, I'm not gonna go into the featured episode again. See, all those issues might be "molehills" to MidNite, but this is not about "a" molehill or even two or five... It's more akin to what I said during the Iconian War: "death by a thousand (paper)cuts".

250th episode giveaway:

Just as a heads up (I wanted to state it in "public"):
    On wednesday evening I received an e-mail from AmbassadorKael. I have entered the TOS Boff code contained within that mail and the C-Store shows them as available. I have not claimed them, yet, because I don't think I have enough open slots right now, but for all intents and purposes I consider that part of the giveaway as delivered, so thanks to the tribbles crew and thanks to Cryptic. (Yes, I give credit where credit is due.)
    The same wednesday evening I hit the reply button to give him the information he required to deliver the ship. As of right now, I have not received any response but who knows how long these things take. As soon as that matter is settled I will let you know.
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    I don't have much to say so don't even bother reading this live.

Like Alex, I can confirm that my code for the TOS Boffs worked. A close friend became ecstatic a few minutes after I gave it. Glad it wasn't bound to my email. Thanks, Cryptic!

Also, like Alex, I have not received my ship yet. I'll let you know when it happens. The signed poster obviously won't be as fast as in-game STO mail, so I'll just put that all the way in the back of my brain.

@sunseahl

Sun, don't talk to me about Federation Force. Speaking as a massive Metroid fan, that spinoff was such a gut punch :(
    It's been 10 YEARS since the last good mainline Metroid game.

q3VV0LC.gif

WHENS PRIME 4 OR MY NEXT 2D METROID, NINTENDO?

At least Axiom Verge helped with the wait.
    SP9Pu.gif