test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leaver Penalties?

Does anyone know which maps these are applied on, and under which conditions? Dropped into a mission that went sideways. A chap quit before the end and I figured I might as well follow suit. The warning popup said I'd lose mission progress but that was fine - none had been made. Nothing was said about a leaver penalty so I was rather miffed to find one applied when I attempted to queue for something else!

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    They no longer give warnings but the penalty is still there. I got one for leaving Brotherhood of the Sword because one guy never respawned, another never joined the team and the other two weren't paying attention.

I also got two because my game keeps crashing when I try to enter the new queues. So in these queues they are still in place.

It seems they reduced it to 30 minutes though.

• lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I was in Tholian Fleet Alert the last time I was hit with a penalty but have had it for one of the new Competitive Wargame maps too. 30 minutes isn't as bad as 120 minutes, but if you're trying to do missions then skip to the next toon it's still annoying!
    reyan01 wrote: »
    If you are referring to Korfez, I don't think it does. May have been in the same instance as you for that one. Bailed because the entire team (myself included) spent the entirety of the instance dead/awaiting respawn. It was the epitome of a lost cause.

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    I was in Tholian Fleet Alert the last time I was hit with a penalty but have had it for one of the new Competitive Wargame maps too. 30 minutes isn't as bad as 120 minutes, but if you're trying to do missions then skip to the next toon it's still annoying!
    If you are referring to Korfez, I don't think it does. May have been in the same instance as you for that one. Bailed because the entire team (myself included) spent the entirety of the instance dead/awaiting respawn. It was the epitome of a lost cause.

120 minute? Longest I ever got was an hour and frankly well worth it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I never leave, or if I do, I am turning out the lights.

You press the 'Enter Queue' button you have made a 'pledge' to run the Mission. If your word means nothing then so be it. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Pledge? O.o

People join queues because they want to have fun\get some reward. They don't commit to a cause. When things go pear shaped for whatever reason and the end is an obvious fail there's no point continuing IMHO.
    ltminns wrote: »
    I never leave, or if I do, I am turning out the lights.

You press the 'Enter Queue' button you have made a 'pledge' to run the Mission. If your word means nothing then so be it. ;)

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I left a Tzenkethi Advanced pug the other day, which is a very rare thing for me to do. But alll 3 Objectives had failed, so I figured: "F this! I'm out of here." Took a leaver penalty, of course, but didn't mind.

Yes, and before you say it, I know, you alone can carry the entire team. I can't. And I don't think I was supposed to: it's meant to be team work. If the rest don't wanna play, or just sits there unconscious the whole time, then, at some point, I've had enough too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Personally, I stay in, win or lose. At least I'm earning Starship Mastery XP as long as I'm shooting. ;)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    The only time the leaver penalty does NOT hit you is if you are one of the LAST two to leave, as in there's only two players left. If that's changed since the new season, I don't know. But the general rule is first 3 get the penalty, last two do not.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Looks like CCA is penalty free.
    When it lasts 2 minutes+, your team has failed the first optional, another player has already left in disgust, and nobody is shooting the Crystal.
    Looks like CCA is penalty free.

CCA?!? How do you bail on something that doesn't last more than twenty seconds anyway?!

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    People join queues because they want to have fun\get some reward. They don't commit to a cause. When things go pear shaped for whatever reason and the end is an obvious fail there's no point continuing IMHO.

I'd have to agree.

Sorry - but if the outcome is a guaranteed fail, I'm not staying in that instance.

I posted earlier in this thread about how I bailed on an instance of Korfez. Fact is there was NO-ONE (myself included) in the team able to do anything useful in terms of offence or defence in that instance. The Vaaudwar obliterated the team the moment we got anywhere near them. To put this into perspective, two facts spring to mind:

1: The team was clearly and evidentially not capable of progression
    2: Multiple deaths = increasingly long respawn countdowns

In the case of point #1, the instance ended with the team not having managed to do ANYTHING of significance. Literally, we didn't manage to take down a single enemy ship - the instance was a lost cause from the moment the first shot was fired.

In the case of point #2, the respawn timer actually left several players awaiting a respawn countdown longer than the actual instance countdown (i.e player has a one minute respawn wait in an instance with only 50 seconds left before the fail condition.
    Why'd you eat a leaver penalty if it was going to end in 50 seconds anyway?
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Even if its a failed you should stay until the end. Unless it the Tzenkethi Battle Zone. Then i should be penalties for entering it.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

I'd have to agree.

Sorry - but if the outcome is a guaranteed fail, I'm not staying in that instance.

I posted earlier in this thread about how I bailed on an instance of Korfez. Fact is there was NO-ONE (myself included) in the team able to do anything useful in terms of offence or defence in that instance. The Vaaudwar obliterated the team the moment we got anywhere near them. To put this into perspective, two facts spring to mind:

1: The team was clearly and evidentially not capable of progression
    2: Multiple deaths = increasingly long respawn countdowns

In the case of point #1, the instance ended with the team not having managed to do ANYTHING of significance. Literally, we didn't manage to take down a single enemy ship - the instance was a lost cause from the moment the first shot was fired.

In the case of point #2, the respawn timer actually left several players awaiting a respawn countdown longer than the actual instance countdown (i.e player has a one minute respawn wait in an instance with only 50 seconds left before the fail condition.

Also of note is that the only 'reward' for failure of this is Harry Kim telling you that you are useless. (Yeah, thanks Captain..... ).
    So in an instance such as the one that I bailed on there really wasn't any reason not to.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well it looks like there are many here that would not be perspective recruits for the French Foreign Legion. See the Battle of Camarón. 65 vs. 3,000.

"To this day, the Battle of Camarón is hailed as an exemplary example of 'Fidelity to the Mission', which came to form the central myth of the Legion."
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns