test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 13] Official Feedback Thread on the Queues, New UI, and PPS

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
Over the past couple of weeks, there have been dozens of threads related to these issues created. This thread has been created in an effort to get everyone's feedback under one roof, so to speak, to make it easier for players and devs to find these discussions.

All current and future discussion threads on these topics will be merged into this thread. All poll threads will be closed and linked to this thread, and vice versa, so as not to corrupt the polling data.

If I miss any threads that should be merged here, please tag a moderator in that thread with a comment to have it merged with this thread.

As always, keep all discussion civil and feedback constructive.

POLLS RELATED TO THESE TOPICS:

SHOULD THE DEVS ROLL BACK THE NEW QUEUING SYSTEM TO THE OLD VERSION?

SEASON 13 PVE/PVP UI

GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sollwinsollwin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Where did this get moved to? Can't seem to find it after patch.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    The new UI is dressed up nice but as far as functionality goes is lagging behind the old one. I'd like to request additions to the new UI

1. Return of being able to see the daily cool down for marks/events
    2. The ability to filter and select the difficulty levels you want rather than having to select Skill for every PvE individually, this is not a QOL improvement on the old UI it just adds more tedious clicks that are not ness and takes longer to queue up for multiple PvE. Plus it resets to normal if you happen to close the UI.
    3. Immediately disbanding team when mission is complete rather than like previously team disbands once everyone leaves the map.
    4. When creating a private lobby there is no chat option for the lobby need to bring this back. So creator can state game rules and confirm everyone is ready to launch
    Post edited by ussvaliant#6064 on
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • veeger#9876 veeger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Great question. I can't seem to find this option in the UI anywhere.​​
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    ^this. Also curious as to why they no longer show how many are playing a certain queue. Only shows how many are queued.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • kidflash112kidflash112 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    yea kinda disappointed that I cannot filter out space/ground queues and definitely dont like having to manually select normal/advanced and elite each time to que
    [img][/img]screenshot_2017-03-05-09-33-16_zpsuuddenl4.jpg
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Number playing reveals when nobody is playing.
    darakoss wrote: »
    ^this. Also curious as to why they no longer show how many are playing a certain queue. Only shows how many are queued.

• sykes79sykes79 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I really want to know the answer to this myself. I looked but can't find it anywhere.
    SyD2j3q.jpg
  • veeger#9876 veeger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I thought Cryptic was only nerfing Space combat, not the UI too.​​
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Where is the daily mark cool down tab?
    indyshark wrote: »
    Where is the daily mark cool down tab?

there isn't one on this new ui
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Yeah this is something that was very useful, I'm hoping it'll be back, or that I'm just not finding it.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    I thought Cryptic was only nerfing Space combat, not the UI too.​​

You were so innocent...
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    It's odd, because
    The "Reward Cooldowns" UI now shows the Bonus Competitive Mark timer.

is in the patch notes. So there should be something.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Overall, I find this new UI much more convoluted and requires many more steps to identify and join a queue than the previous one.

Listing queues and filtering them based on criteria (like difficulty or rewards) is a much more efficient approach than the rewards-based segmentation, not to mention the convoluted nature of actually queuing now.

Did anyone think to do something as simple as count the number of clicks required to find and join and queue?
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    This new thing is clumsy.

I usually queue for missions within different reputations. It's no longer possible to easily keep track of queues within different reps. Difficulties are also hidden and require extra clicks.

I understand that they needed to find a way to shorten the list as it was getting really long, but we had filter options. Now everything is filtered (read: hidden away in different levels and tabs) by default without a way to turn it off.

Personally, I think scrolling down a long list is easier than this system. Maybe we just need to get used to it, but so far it doesn't seem to be an improvement.
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    New UI looks nice, but is just terrible.

Having to click skill and then Advanced on each individual queue is just monstrously terrible. Having to do this on each one just to even see if there are other people already queued.

Needs a filter to change skill level / difficulty for ALL at once, or, if this wouldn't work because some only have one level, then we need more tabs along the left side, for Advanced and Elite queues.

The way it is now is just tedious.

Other issues :

Sometimes doesn't even ask me to join when a selected queue pops, just finds enough people and automatically enters me into it, ready or not.

Doesn't show me any join info after I do click join. Is it going? Is it waiting for someone to click accept? I have no idea.

If someone doesn't click join, I just have to sit there for a minute, without being able to even know that is what is happening, unable to join other queues or leave the selected one, until the one I clicked join on times out, but since it doesn't show me any box showing number of players that have clicked accept, it just feels like the UI is frozen and broke for a minute. This is stupid. I can only imagine how stupid it seems to newer players that don't know what is happening here.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    I have to agree the new UI is pretty terrible. The info we need has gone, chat box to arrange pre ISA rules no longer there, lots of extra clicking and unable to easily browse to the mission we want
  • nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    I personally love the new UI, it definitely needs a few tweaks and additions, but I love the idea. Hopefully they make some adjustments.
  • nccmax2nccmax2 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    on the rest of the patch, even with the hiccup's, i love it!

but yeah, as the title say, pls return, we are on pc, not on consoles.
    much obliged in advanced.
    nekofury86 wrote: »
    I personally love the new UI, it definitely needs a few tweaks and additions, but I love the idea. Hopefully they make some adjustments.

It looks pretty but performs terribly. They completely gutted the old UI which to put simply WORKED

All the UI needed was a facelift not the mess we have been left with.
    maR4zDV.jpg

• wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Looks nice but over-engineered. Requires many more steps for practically everything. Confusing or non-existent feedback for choices. Maybe change tabs on left to filters for a global list would be a start in the right direction. No countdown feedback when queue starts. Have to leave all queues to add new queue. Join queue checkbox and Join selected queue button confusing.

Team disbands upon mission completion instead of on leaving map - makes post-game chat difficult.
    Post edited by wildeye042 on
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Title says it all...
    Overall, I find this new UI much more convoluted and requires many more steps to identify and join a queue than the previous one.

Listing queues and filtering them based on criteria (like difficulty or rewards) is a much more efficient approach than the rewards-based segmentation, not to mention the convoluted nature of actually queuing now.

Did anyone think to do something as simple as count the number of clicks required to find and join and queue?

I think i counted at least 4. Click queue, click difficulty, click check box, click join queue. Before you just had to scroll down and double click.
    original join date 2010

nah....they went the Windows 8 route with this one.
    original join date 2010

• node31#9773 node31 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    to much clicking for just simple que... Old one was way better...
  • euar0euar0 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Not to mention that you have to select all the ques at once .. if you select one .. you can't select any more
    Have to unselect but leave it highlight .. go to a different drop etc ..

What over complicated code monkey designed this ?
    This will kill most of the pve ques .. just way too annoying. They were already light .. now even CCA is a ghost.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Not a fan of the new UI. It looks great, but is too slick for its own good. Simpler was better.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    I just counted up double the clicking and double the mouse tracking for 1 queue, very bad design. Plus I don't choose queues based marks so I have no idea where to look for the queues I want to run.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    The way the UI has been designed, the Devs should have gone all out and require you to click a "confirm button" in a pop up window every time you click on something in the PvE UI.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    most ridiculously over complicated...and ironically not enough options. remove ground or space? nope. can only sort. whomever thought this was a good idea doesn't touch the game. have to exit all queues you might be in just to add another? seriously wtf. this is like something from a 90's era game before UI's were refined for mouse use and simplicity.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.