test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Welcome to Season 13!

124»

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Criptiiiiiic, wow, thx for this new season! ;) the new competitive stf are really awesome, and i like all the new stuff. I was a plasmonic leech user, but i'm not at all disappointed. since the launch of this new season, I have already supported all of efforts; keep it up.

just one thing, It would be very cool to communicate with all the players in the competitive stfs. few minutes ago, I spent a very good moment in 1 of these new stf (destroyed 3 times), I just wanted to thx all the players.

delta rising was a piece of TRIBBLE, this new season is the best one since a long time, thx again.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    And the graphic-related ground crashes fixed in the patch at the end of February are back. Same audio stuttering followed by total lockup requiring hard reboot. DX11 NVidia 8800 GTX with latest drivers and WIN7 64-bit, also with up-to-date patches. Ever since the end of February patch, I haven't crashed once. Now, if I stand by the bank on ESD (or other social ground maps), I am not long for life. Thanks to this bug, I "die" more often in ESD than in battle. Please fix!
    I've been having a weird issue where textures that are supposed to be transparent or translucent sometimes aren't.

screenshot_2017_04_26_23_28_12_by_marhawkman-db7evt8.jpg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    No, it's an artificial interface :)

Yes, I guess I meant UI.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I don't like new PvE queue window at all.

- No Bonus marks cooldown. Maybe it's there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
    - No People Playing column. No way to tell what queues are popular/fast moving.
    - No filters. No way to list, say, all space queues on Advanced difficulty that grant Romulan or Borg marks.
    - Higher difficulties are hidden by obscure drop-down menu that jumps back to Normal every time you click another category.
    - Impossible to join a new queue without leaving every singe queue you are in already.
    - [SUBJECTIVE] Overall looks cluttered and confusing.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Thanks for the welcome. Now, if only I could actually play the new queues and work on the new reputation without immediately crashing to desktop... that'd be great.

I had no problem playing Core Assault on Wednesday. After Thursday's patch, I am no longer able to play this queue or Binary Circuit without crashing before I even enter the mission. All other missions work just fine.
  • satanachasatanacha Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Comming back to STO for the Smoke and Mirrors mission, I wanted it to make me stay and re engage me in the game.
    Running the updates, I read the patch notes. No Cherry Epoh fix, lots of bugs listed in the forums, did not fill me with confidence.
    Arghhhh, new heavy weapons slot, missing dilithium, traits not slotted & my uniform looks different & all before I do the mission.
    Predicatable mission blow stuff up, if it spawns. Ground level looks lifted from Bladerunner, taller buildngs from Star Wars Online.
    Total fail guys, even simple stuff like a mouth being in sync with dialogue does not work, way points activate after passing them.
    If this is the level you are going to continue at, it will only lead to a slow decline in the player base & more damage to STO name.
    Can't see me frequenting STO that often, there are far better offerings out there. Only loyalty & love for Star Trek keeps me with a character on STO.
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    satanacha wrote: »
    Comming back to STO for the Smoke and Mirrors mission, I wanted it to make me stay and re engage me in the game.
    Running the updates, I read the patch notes. No Cherry Epoh fix, lots of bugs listed in the forums, did not fill me with confidence.
    Arghhhh, new heavy weapons slot, missing dilithium, traits not slotted & my uniform looks different & all before I do the mission.
    Predicatable mission blow stuff up, if it spawns. Ground level looks lifted from Bladerunner, taller buildngs from Star Wars Online.
    Total fail guys, even simple stuff like a mouth being in sync with dialogue does not work, way points activate after passing them.
    If this is the level you are going to continue at, it will only lead to a slow decline in the player base & more damage to STO name.
    Can't see me frequenting STO that often, there are far better offerings out there. Only loyalty & love for Star Trek keeps me with a character on STO.

Looks now like you will have to have a loyality to Blade Runner, and a bag full of Cherry Epohs to tote around through the buggy missions. I see dead ques and trolls under the bridge not much else. Nice PR though, top notch, really.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The city reminded me of Coruscant.
  • rush105rush105 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Season 13 - Escalation is upon us, Captains. Here's a special message from Executive Producer Stephen Ricossa.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10474273-welcome-to-season-13
    ncc1701z5 wrote: »
    I feel like this should have been season 12.5 not season 13 'cuase season 12 didn't offer so much, but I am looking forward to trying out all the new things.

sadly season 13 has offerd only one new epsode that is not a season that is not worthy of being called a season sadly theere is no real reason to play im so board from it i can not play it anymore i want a new race to play with new ships or something i can not play this game anymore if i do i will die of boardum i need new content and i just do not feel like we are getting that no offence to anyone
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Well it may not be the ideal place, but it's a right place for this too.
    While I didn't check in practice yesterday's patch, I understand from others that it worked well in fixing crucial things I've noticed which appeared in session 13 patch (AKA things which bothered me much :))

So I use this topic to say. Good work! Thank you very much, we appreciate this.
    Now what which bothered me the most in this session patch was allegedly fixed, and you developers and other staff listened, took things into an account, worked hard and fixed that all :)

(This does not say there are no other things which went wrong in this session (transparency issues and many other bug listed in support section, I think), however as I understood what which crucially bothered many people and broke game-play, was seemingly fixed yesterday, and this post meant to be a thank you. Now I can check and maybe even enjoy session 13 myself.)

P.S.
    I am not really interested in PvP myself but maybe I'll give it one day a shot too.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Been away since last Fall.
    Was going to ask what's new...

Read this thread.

Never mind.

Guess I didn't miss much.

:#

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif