test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Welcome to Season 13!

Comments

• sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    If you're having these graphical issues, can you PM me with the details on your graphics settings and what card you're using? Thanks!

Interestingly enough, the new patch fixed old graphical issues I was having with textures turning invisible in the ship tailor.
    1xe027q.png
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    -New queues UI is just bad, revert it and add the whole Competitive queues as a new tab (much like private queues).
    -For some bizarre reason, I can't equip any BOff with Temporal or Command ground abilities (space works fine for all specs, and Intel abilities also work fine). They can be trained, just the ground powers refuse to actually equip.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Not enjoying Core Assault much. Though I hate to sound insulting, it's too complicated for your average PuG. Every instance I've played I have been the only one doing anything to open doors! I keep finding myself teamed with players who either have no idea what they're doing (i.e skipped the mission tutorial) or can't think beyond 'shoot stuff'.

keep in mind that matchmaker thing is in effect for that queue, so keep at it until you succeed a few times - you'll quickly find yourself being paired with people who actually know what the hell they're doing​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Love new queues. Competitive nature is refreshing and they are not just DPS races (well, not entierly). Some teamwork is requiered but still pugable. Not too long and winners get nice rewards. Queue window is good too. Takes some getting used to but its a lot less cluttered than it used to be. I was sure this season gonna be a total disaster but instead it turned out to be the best thing that happend to STO since LoR in my opinion.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I had a graphic issue... sort of. I was playing Khitomer ground and the console in the room that's used to disable the shields around the nodes had disappeared.

Now that's not so bad... you could still interact with it although it was invisible. But it didn't give any of the combinations as options.

NPC's seem to be level 46. If you're playing advanced, they're 16 levels lower, when playing normal and being scaled down to 50, they're level 46. Almost as if they're the same difficulty from normal level content from before DR.

The new queues are fun, but everything else is just plain boring.
    edited April 2017
    Breakdown on why new Queue UI and system in general is bad.

1: The wait timer was totally random. And when it finally gave me a queue, I instantly got dumped into a queue that was more than half finished.
    2: I entered an advanced queue (after WAY too many clicks), and guess what, all enemies were level 44! 44! It was a joke.
    3: The UI has no indication whatsoever of the following:
    -What marks are on cooldown.
    -Whether the number queued means in a match or actually queued (in my case, they were all in a match.
    -It takes WAY too many clicks to select a queue. Old was 2 clicks (Select Queue, then Select Join). This new one however is one click to bring up the list of queues for the marks you want. Another 2 for difficulty (one to open the menu, another to select difficulty) (which has to be changed on an individual basis per queue, and resets to Easy EVERY SINGLE TIME you open the UI), then ANOTHER to tick the queue. THEN ANOTHER to actually JOIN the queue. That's 5, or 2.5x more than before.
    4. When you finally get a queue after a totally random wait time, you click the go button and you instantly teleport in, giving no time for the team to assemble itself, and in my case, dump me in to a queue (Infected The Conduit: Advanced, AKA ISA) that was already half finished.
    5. The private queues section is a joke. As you need to be pre-teamed to even start one (rather than the special teaming UI it used to have), which means you cannot possibly have a mixed faction queue, or try it solo (I used to enjoy doing Starbase 24 (which has vanished by the way) solo as a way to get Starship Mastery without having to sector crawl the kill enemy type patrols, as well as a fun way to see how a ship performed in a massive ball of enemies).

My advice would be to just totally revert this UI back to how it was and add the Competitive PvE queues (CPvE) to a new tab similar to PvP and Private queues.

Ever heard of the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?", because it's very relevant to this UI.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • justalittleperiljustalittleperil Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I've got to agree on the queue GUI changes. I rarely filter by reward type, but now I have to. I always filter out normal difficulty, and usually filter out ground, but now I can do neither. And every queue defaults to normal which I never play, so every single time I queue I have to click the drop down. And I am unable to queue advanced and expert versions of the same queue. And I can't see all the queues that I have joined. Also, the cooldown timer information seems to be lost.

Please return the GUI to how it was. It would be one thing if there were some advantages the new layout, but I have yet to find one.

On a different note, how does a bug as fundamental and far reaching as having all the advanced and expert queues spawning normal enemies make it to holodeck?
    I've got to agree on the queue GUI changes. I rarely filter by reward type, but now I have to. I always filter out normal difficulty, and usually filter out ground, but now I can do neither. And every queue defaults to normal which I never play, so every single time I queue I have to click the drop down. And I am unable to queue advanced and expert versions of the same queue. And I can't see all the queues that I have joined. Also, the cooldown timer information seems to be lost.

Please return the GUI to how it was. It would be one thing if there were some advantages the new layout, but I have yet to find one.

On a different note, how does a bug as fundamental and far reaching as having all the advanced and expert queues spawning normal enemies make it to holodeck?

They aren't even normal enemies though. They are special super-low-level enemies that are just a joke. The ones in ISA were level 44, the old minimum for that queue (a long time ago, before the rising of the delta).

• ytihayytihay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    -New queues UI is just bad, revert it and add the whole Competitive queues as a new tab (much like private queues).
    -For some bizarre reason, I can't equip any BOff with Temporal or Command ground abilities (space works fine for all specs, and Intel abilities also work fine). They can be trained, just the ground powers refuse to actually equip.

I encountered the same bug. My ground away team were all specced Command, and all their Command abilities were reverted to their respective original profession ones when I checked them out. I could not make them re-slot the Command abilities.
  • mooncrystalpowermooncrystalpower Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    shevet wrote: »
    It's a minor point, but... dear goodness, what has happened to the ESD docking guy's hair?!

I'm guessing you're having a Transparency issue too @shevet

By any chance does it kinda look like... this?
    20170425112411_1.jpg?dl=1

Uh huh, I have this problem too, some of the hairstyles and accessories on my outfits are all ridiculously jagged and low-res looking!(thank goodness the problem isn't SO bad like that on MY hairstyle of choice :P). Like, the TOS rank bands on the outfits are just ONE flat band, so that's strange (but thankfully not TOO bad looking...)....I cannot wait for Cryptic to fix these problems, I don't wanna have to edit ALL the affected outfits! ~-~º(-V-')º~-~

Ohhh, and the Lighting 2.0 is fine I guess, but everything's pretty shiny now, with or without reflective quality on! I'm wondering if there's a way to tone done the reflectiveness...
    l6aD2g7.gif
    I am the one, the ORIGINAL/Official Sailor Moon of STO! ~-~º(^v~)ºv~-~
  • mattbzhmattbzh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I don't mind the new queue UI, I find it cleaner, but yes you can't multiqueue the same thing on different difficulty and I didn't find how to get rid of the ground queue (I don't like the ground gameplay and avoid it as much as possible... the first ground queue I did was sompek arena, the last 1st contact day).

But... fleet starbase defense just disapearing
    loots impossible to take
    server shutdown after 15 minutes of playing (in the middle of a mission's combat sequence, it's always much better)

Fine job cryptic, you start to remind me of the old WoW adage: patch day, no play.
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    If you're having these graphical issues, can you PM me with the details on your graphics settings and what card you're using? Thanks!

uhh....how?
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• cryshalsingcryshalsing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    And less than 6 hours of this release going live, you shut it down because it's borked? What is the purpose of beta testing on the Tribble server if it's not to identify and fix these problems before going live...Or does the Dev. team simply not care?

That's a rhetorical question that was answered when I got booted during combat.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    *Logs in, patches game, anticipates everything to be broken...game is offline*

giphy.gif
    I assume (feel free to correct me) that the queue AI changes were made - and possibly again rushed as it was still a 'work in progress' in the last patch notes - because the list was getting far too long.

If this is the case, and we can come up with better alternatives to address that, admittedly, serious drawback of the old system, then surely reverting back to the old system is something worth considering?

To launch just one suggestion: maybe it would be possible to (in the old AI) just add another tab for each difficulty? It would make the list somewhere between 33 and 50% shorter. The size of the list of queues was the only drawback I can think of when we look at the old AI and it was the only thing that made that system a bit clumsy. Here, however, the whole thing is clumsy and very user unfriendly. This really needs to be reconsidered.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

uhh....how?

Click on his avatar, then you should be able to find a button on his page that says "message"
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ytihayytihay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I also got the loot not lootable at all bug at the end of the Tholian Red Alert.

I also concur that the Rewards Cooldown UI is absent, and since you mentioned it now featuring the Competitive marks in the patch note, I imagine it's a bug (or an omission?). Anyway, I really, really, really wish it could come back as soon as possible.

The rest I can live with, I'm a zen person :p
    ak255 wrote: »
    *Logs in, patches game, anticipates everything to be broken...game is offline*

giphy.gif

And that's rather how I picture the Dev. Team is reacting to this thread ;)
  • kenoo8kenoo8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ok, but, besides that THE SERVER IS DOWN,,,. I like the new stuff, agree with some stuff. The new XII "Heavy Weapon" is AWESOME MAX on my Na'Tadar Raider. Point 1 (funny how people just can't get the good things and only the bad). The queue is different, yes. Bad, no. It is not BAD IN THE LEAST. I've been here forever?? The queue was always one of the snags. Take it. Maybe you "science" guys hate it so bad because you won't be able to sit around and say BACON.

Only bug I hit as mentioned was after I completed "Smoke and Mirrors" the server disconnected and is reporting to be "DOWN". And the queue was beeping twice, not once but every time.

So, 2c and keep up the good work.

Fleet Admiral Calumnes (and many many others)
  • kenoo8kenoo8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As far as the deforestation matter with the "proto-matter". Yes, but no. I guess she (our Lukari newcomer) uses "magic". It works here within the realm
    edited April 2017
    Good work? Good work is fixing the bugs before going live. Not having to shut it down 6 hours after release because it's so flawed as to require an immediate 'Hot Fix'...I don't ever recall WarCrack having that happen and Blizz is NOTORIOUS for that kind of thing!

Edit to Add: I will point out that I rather do like having the XP reqs. for lvls 50-60 reduced.

• nehryk#6852 nehryk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    kenoo8 wrote: »
    Ok, but, besides that THE SERVER IS DOWN,,,. I like the new stuff, agree with some stuff. The new XII "Heavy Weapon" is AWESOME MAX on my Na'Tadar Raider. Point 1 (funny how people just can't get the good things and only the bad). The queue is different, yes. Bad, no. It is not BAD IN THE LEAST. I've been here forever?? The queue was always one of the snags. Take it. Maybe you "science" guys hate it so bad because you won't be able to sit around and say BACON.

Only bug I hit as mentioned was after I completed "Smoke and Mirrors" the server disconnected and is reporting to be "DOWN". And the queue was beeping twice, not once but every time.

So, 2c and keep up the good work.

Fleet Admiral Calumnes (and many many others)

I haven't seen any of the 'good' Things because....oh yeah, the server is OFFLINE. After only 6 hours of the updates.

• manugftgerhmanugftgerh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_sec.170327-1835)
    Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7816
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/18/14 14:56:10 Ver: V12.7B0
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16312MB RAM
    Page File: 4092MB used, 14651MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX TITAN
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1005&SUBSYS_84511043&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 14262 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 6106 MB
    Shared Memory: 8155 MB
    Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: NV Surround

you gonna tell me that the graphical issues is the problem off the user

• nehryk#6852 nehryk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    O.o Holy TRIBBLE, I want that computer
    Holy carp on a cracker...Okay...I'm jealous.
  • chevy7189chevy7189 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    LOL A nice welcome indeed. The Server is Down. Surprise Surprise.
  • manugftgerhmanugftgerh Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Interestingly enough, the new patch fixed old graphical issues I was having with textures turning invisible in the ship tailor.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_sec.170327-1835)
    Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7816
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/18/14 14:56:10 Ver: V12.7B0
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16312MB RAM
    Page File: 4092MB used, 14651MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX TITAN
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Display Memory: 14262 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 6106 MB
    Shared Memory: 8155 MB
    Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: NV Surround
    Monitor Id: SAM0D2C

you gonna tell me that the graphics issues is the users problem