test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why there are no TOS T6 ships ingame

Title already says it, why are there no TOS T6 ships in the game, will they come with the new season ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."

Comments

• cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Title already says it, why are there no TOS T6 ships in the game, will they come with the new season ?

there are they are in a super rare limited event that is already over, they are gamble ships.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Actually, your title seems to imply that you are going to answer why there aren't any. But that's nitpicking and I get what you're saying from the post.

The answer is, there are T6 TOS ships in the game. Granted they are lockbox or R&D pack exclusive, but they are in the game.

You can also use the TOS skins from the Temporal TOS ships on their T6 variants. While perhaps not exactly what you are hoping for, it is an option as well.

As for any chance of new TOS ships in the new season, I'd have to say slim to none. Leaning extremely heavily towards the none end of that spectrum.

Perhaps the ship for the summer event could be TOS themed, but I'm guessing it'll be another Vorgon ship. I also wouldn't count on the winter event ship breaking away from the Breen theme any time soon either. Maybe next years anniversary ship could be TOS themed?

Will there be new TOS themed ships down the road? Maybe, but I think that ship has sailed and if we actually do get anymore, I expect them to be R&D pack and/or lockbox exclusive. I personally would like some more TOS ship options, but I am fairly happy with what there is.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    OP, I think your google translator is broken.

Not only are there promotional T6 TOS ships in the form of the Constitution, D7 and T'liss. There's also the Lockbox 23rd Century Dreadnoughts. And if that weren't enough, you can use specific TOS skins on their T6 equivalents that were released in the C-Store last summer. So that gives us at least 9 or 10 T6 TOS ships.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Are you on console? Cause there are T6 TOS era ships you can get.
    But really... Also you should ask yourself why you don't see any Ford Model-T's in NASCAR. The answer should be the same, but for players whining about not having tiny outdated ships killing Borg Cubes.

THIS....
    1280px-Iowa_16_inch_Gun-EN.svg.png

Cannot be mounted on THIS....
    frigate.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The promo R&D packs for the T6 version of the TOS era Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser can still be found on the Exchange if you are willing to spend the EC for them to get approximately a 1% chance to win the ship. It is officially known as the T6 Temporal Light Cruiser.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Light_Cruiser
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    But really... Also you should ask yourself why you don't see any Ford Model-T's in NASCAR. The answer should be the same, but for players whining about not having tiny outdated ships killing Borg Cubes.

THIS....
    1280px-Iowa_16_inch_Gun-EN.svg.png

Cannot be mounted on THIS....
    frigate.jpg
    A point I have tried to make frequently. Thank you.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    Yeah I know of the lock box version pretty hard to get but I meant a normal C-Store ship there aren't any ???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Yeah I know of the lock box version pretty hard to get but I meant a normal C-Store ship there aren't any ???
    There are already multiple posts on this thread stating that there are T6 C-Store ships that can use TOS skins.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User

Oh please, spare us the "stop having fun guys!" attitude.

No-one is claiming that canon old-era ships should be the technological equal of 25C ones. OTOH this is a computer game about imaginary spaceships in a space-opera setting, so surely flying your favorite design should count for something?
    staq16 wrote: »

No-one is claiming that canon old-era ships should be the technological equal of 25C ones. OTOH this is a computer game about imaginary spaceships in a space-opera setting, so surely flying your favorite design should count for something?

Agreed, and I enjoy the TOS era so far,few minor cliches like scott tells you you have a funny looking uniform.... or when walking on the 23c space station you being shot at by fellow officers I think they should change it but that's my idea at least...
    And missing out a lot off cannon ships on all versions. I know there are skins but some bug prevents that you can see what skins go where on witch ship but maybe in my rich days I will buy the temporal c-store pack off ships.... ;-)
    But I think they could add some C-Store ships as well in T6 ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    So am i reading this correctly - if you buy the temporal c store pack you can adjust the skins on your current ship set up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Correct. If you own both a (T1-T5) 23c ship, and its 26c (T6) equivalent, you can use the 23c skin on the 26c ship - giving you, in effect, a T6 23c ship. If you're a completist and want a "proper" 23c ship, you also need to buy the TOS bundle to get an appropriate interior; while the T1-5 versions come with the rather wonderful Pioneer interior, the 26c ones don't get the option even if you own both variants.

That means you could pay up to 7000Z for a "full" 23c ship - if you took the most expensive option of buying the T5 Ranger, T6 Paladin and TOS interior bundle - but it is at least an option.
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Actually, your title seems to imply that you are going to answer why there aren't any. But that's nitpicking and I get what you're saying from the post.

The answer is, there are T6 TOS ships in the game. Granted they are lockbox or R&D pack exclusive, but they are in the game.

You can also use the TOS skins from the Temporal TOS ships on their T6 variants. While perhaps not exactly what you are hoping for, it is an option as well.

As for any chance of new TOS ships in the new season, I'd have to say slim to none. Leaning extremely heavily towards the none end of that spectrum.

Perhaps the ship for the summer event could be TOS themed, but I'm guessing it'll be another Vorgon ship. I also wouldn't count on the winter event ship breaking away from the Breen theme any time soon either. Maybe next years anniversary ship could be TOS themed?

Will there be new TOS themed ships down the road? Maybe, but I think that ship has sailed and if we actually do get anymore, I expect them to be R&D pack and/or lockbox exclusive. I personally would like some more TOS ship options, but I am fairly happy with what there is.

Hmm...what options would you like to see on the TOS vessels???
    Kirk out!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Correct. If you own both a (T1-T5) 23c ship, and its 26c (T6) equivalent, you can use the 23c skin on the 26c ship - giving you, in effect, a T6 23c ship. If you're a completist and want a "proper" 23c ship, you also need to buy the TOS bundle to get an appropriate interior; while the T1-5 versions come with the rather wonderful Pioneer interior, the 26c ones don't get the option even if you own both variants.

That means you could pay up to 7000Z for a "full" 23c ship - if you took the most expensive option of buying the T5 Ranger, T6 Paladin and TOS interior bundle - but it is at least an option.

Actually, you could do this with a Fleet 26th Century ship which doesn't require the C-Store, but a lot of Energy Credits through the Exchange for the Fleet Ship Modules and a 23rd Century ship. Of course, you would miss out on the console and the starship trait from the C-Store version of the 26th Century ship.
  • neocatstarneocatstar Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    This is Star Trek, people have their favorite era they want to play. Not everyone cares about the the games in-game current era, TOS fans like to play the ship from their favorite trek show! Its that simple. If it makes the customer happy and spending more on the game, thats what counts. I like TOS and TNG era, neither match up with the games era, but I dont care! Its fun for me

and when this stupid new account probation wears off, this will be my banner:
    http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/articles/25f6eca9fb570eca2e09cdff42e2bf2c4b9559d6.jpg

and this will be my avatar:
    http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/articles/Cat2.jpg

Agreed, and I enjoy the TOS era so far,few minor cliches like scott tells you you have a funny looking uniform.... or when walking on the 23c space station you being shot at by fellow officers I think they should change it but that's my idea at least...
    And missing out a lot off cannon ships on all versions. I know there are skins but some bug prevents that you can see what skins go where on witch ship but maybe in my rich days I will buy the temporal c-store pack off ships.... ;-)
    But I think they could add some C-Store ships as well in T6 ...

I love the TOS era and yes some of those glitches need to be fix since I wear only TOS uniforms and fly a TOS ship :)
    Kirk out!
    check the auction there are more phasers you could dream off, also when you did the TOS era from the start you can go back do the missions again to get phasers, shields, and other ship parts. When joining a fleet go to K13 starbase to get TOS fleet gear if the fleet finished K13 to tier 5 you can eat your hart out right there getting TOS Boffs and all that it's kinda fun but you have to know where to go...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coolbatman wrote: »
    and i'm still waiting for a TOS shuttle interior and a NON-temporal t5 constitution( no ship traits etc)

Yes lord, so am I!
    It's Over DUE!
    Kirk out!
    But really...you should ask yourself why you don't see any Ford Model-T's in NASCAR. The answer should be the same, but for players whining about not having tiny outdated ships killing Borg Cubes.

You realize that the TOS Constitution is significantly larger than the Defiant, a ship that was designed as a Borg killer? Unless you argue that there shouldn't be a T6 Defiant due to size, then there's no issue with the size of the hull. As to the technology, these are ALL NEW ships that are designed to APPEAR like older models. The hulls and all components are modern and brand-new, with the aesthetics of the old ships. Unless you think 25th century technology can't handle creating replicas of older equipment with modern internals, there is no problem. They aren't the old ships, they aren't refits of old ships, they're all new ships designed to look like old ones with all new technology under the retro style skin.

Exactly,

We have a winner - Thank you for playing!
    Kirk out!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    But really...you should ask yourself why you don't see any Ford Model-T's in NASCAR. The answer should be the same, but for players whining about not having tiny outdated ships killing Borg Cubes.

You realize that the TOS Constitution is significantly larger than the Defiant, a ship that was designed as a Borg killer? Unless you argue that there shouldn't be a T6 Defiant due to size, then there's no issue with the size of the hull. As to the technology, these are ALL NEW ships that are designed to APPEAR like older models. The hulls and all components are modern and brand-new, with the aesthetics of the old ships. Unless you think 25th century technology can't handle creating replicas of older equipment with modern internals, there is no problem. They aren't the old ships, they aren't refits of old ships, they're all new ships designed to look like old ones with all new technology under the retro style skin.

d1Bhlgl.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.