test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Bridge of the NX-01

I was thinking if it were possible for cryptic to make the bridge of the NX-01 we already have the ship why not the bridge to go with it? I think it makes logical sense to see it and to have it in the game for that specific ship and the interior of it as well.

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Can they? Yes. Will they? If they think they can make a decent profit for the time involved vs other things they have to do; then yes. But my guess would be no, you'll never see one.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Unless a 22nd century MACO faction/tutorial onboard the NX happens, it's very unlikely we'll get to see a NX interior. And that's very sad.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    I'd love to have an NX bridge/interior. Alas, it would seem that the opportune time for this has passed, unless we get a future episode that takes place aboard the NX.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tr717771tr717771 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    I agree with you all on this why they charging so much just to get this another iconic ship without its main bridge is crazy to me not to mention insulting to say the lease
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    tr717771 wrote: »
    I agree with you all on this why they charging so much just to get this another iconic ship without its main bridge is crazy to me not to mention insulting to say the lease

well, there is also the fact, that the interiour offers "almost" nothing to do in the game. Investing resources into something that has no purpose should not insult you, it is a sign that they do not waste resources on things nobody needs.

Should they ever improve upon their rudimentory "player housing" and make the interiours more customizable (similar to fleet starbases, with dilithium unlocks, event unlocks, etc...), then custom bridges would be a valid investment in terms of resources.
    Go pro or go home
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Actually... they MIGHT make an NX Interior if we get a mission that requires it. I mean we had the Intrepid in game since launch but no canon Intrepid interior until Delta Rising.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'm still pissed off they didn't make one, when every other lockbox and lobi ship has one.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I'm still pissed off they didn't make one, when every other lockbox and lobi ship has one.

Well... there is that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    At this point I think they would first have the EVA suits from the series as a c-store purchase before the nx-bridge. I get the feeling when they were making this ship they were rushed into getting it out so there was probably no time for the bridge. That's just my guess.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
    I still want Enterprise era ground weapons.
  • samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Talking about interors.... Does anyone know what happened to this new fancy interior we only see in the tutorial and onboard the U.S.S. Kirk, and on the lower Levels of esd, which should have replaced the old, crappy, ugly, interior we currently have? I wrote multiple, hunderds, millions, billions, thousands of tickets about that oversight . And guess what , no response at all!?! And it Looks awesome, I want it badly, I was waiting since the new tutorial release in Season, on every Thursday following it, to release it. But that never happened, I can not hold my feeelings back any more longer!! Either somebody tells me what did happen to this hotty hot ineterior or I will, I promise you that, start crying like a small little... whatever. :)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Talking about interors.... Does anyone know what happened to this new fancy interior we only see in the tutorial and onboard the U.S.S. Kirk, and on the lower Levels of esd, which should have replaced the old, crappy, ugly, interior we currently have? I wrote multiple, hunderds, millions, billions, thousands of tickets about that oversight . And guess what , no response at all!?! And it Looks awesome, I want it badly, I was waiting since the new tutorial release in Season, on every Thursday following it, to release it. But that never happened, I can not hold my feeelings back any more longer!! Either somebody tells me what did happen to this hotty hot ineterior or I will, I promise you that, start crying like a small little... whatever. :)

Agreed. That interior is infinitely better than our current default. :/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Agreed. That interior is infinitely better than our current default. :/

What is bugging me, is that they have promised it! I am waiting since Season 8 for them to release it! Every Thursday, I look anxiously into the patch notes, in futile hopes of them finally releasing it. Thinking of it.... it actually would be very nice to have more housing in general. :(
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Please, no one ask for it to be put in as a vanity item in the Dilitium Store. If they charge 2 Million Dilitium for a MACO outfit could you imagine what they would charge for that. The word Bajillion would not be off the table. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I'm still mad that they made the NX a Lobi ship instead of putting it in the C-store. :( At the very least they could have made it an account unlock.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    What is bugging me, is that they have promised it!

Link?

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    We need both NX bridge interiors

Original NX
    latest?cb=20151005100848&path-prefix=en

Columbia Version
    latest?cb=20120330012214&path-prefix=en

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
      edited April 2017
      Hopefully, if this ever gets in game, it's given as a legacy unlock to those who have bought the NX Refit and/or ENT era bundle. That said the only way I can see it happening is if they use the NX bridge in a mission - which given that we seem to have moved on from temporal shenanigans, seems rather unlikely.
      Columbia Version
      latest?cb=20120330012214&path-prefix=en

- and kudos for getting Trek's only mostly-female Bridge crew onto the forums!
    • douglasmccloud#4838 douglasmccloud Member Posts: 7 Arc User
      Unless a 22nd century MACO faction/tutorial onboard the NX happens, it's very unlikely we'll get to see a NX interior. And that's very sad.

Not really. Considering that that perticular show and ship should have never been made or produced, because it doesn't follow Star trek Time lines. Yeah yeah an old arguement but i am old schoool trek. and even in the book " The History of Star Trek by Michael Okuda There is no mention of Archer not that ship. So Thank Goodness we would ever see the inside of the false ship named Enterprise!

Not really. Considering that that perticular show and ship should have never been made or produced, because it doesn't follow Star trek Time lines. Yeah yeah an old arguement but i am old schoool trek. and even in the book " The History of Star Trek by Michael Okuda There is no mention of Archer not that ship. So Thank Goodness we would ever see the inside of the false ship named Enterprise!

I would not call it false. We saw the groundwork that would eventually lead to the formation of the Federation, a major event in Star Trek, and the prelude to the Earth-Romulan War, another major event in Star Trek. BOTH have been firmly set as to when they happened. Enterprise just showed us how familiar things came about. The NX-01 was a legit Enterprise. However she was not a USS Enterprise. There's a difference that leaves wiggle room. And honestly I think the Daedelus class ships would fit in perfectly in the late Enterprise Era with Enterprise aesthetics. Maybe mid-late Earth-Romulan War period. And honestly Ent era ships look better than the tin can designs some people swear by that are in no way canon as they were never seen on screen.
    • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
      NX 01 interior complete with the squeaky floor in the captains quarters?
      u7acy6aymfw7.gif
      We Need BERETS in the tailor
    • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
      If it were up to me I'd make it so that when you sit in the captains chair it automatically makes you stand up rubbing your back and pacing every few minutes.
      ioneon wrote: »
      If it were up to me I'd make it so that when you sit in the captains chair it automatically makes you stand up rubbing your back and pacing every few minutes.

Didn't Trip fix that by lowering it a few centimeters?
      Also... he never did install that cup holder...
      well I see this has been a very good convo about this but still I would love to see it in the game to go a lone with the ship.
    • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
      This is a mistake on the part of Cryptic... It makes NO SENSE why we get a Universe bridge but the actual iconic Enterprise NX 01 has no bridge!????? They should have made it a point to make ANY canon ship have a canon bridge. And I'm still on about the movie era bridges from the first six movies.
    • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
      Unfortunately, there probably wasn't enough time to meet the deadline.
      SP9Pu.gif
      This is a mistake on the part of Cryptic... It makes NO SENSE why we get a Universe bridge but the actual iconic Enterprise NX 01 has no bridge!????? They should have made it a point to make ANY canon ship have a canon bridge. And I'm still on about the movie era bridges from the first six movies.

I feel you on this I feel every ship should have their bridge from the TV series to the movies