test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

313 – ELEMENTARY, MY DEAR | PRIORITY ONE PODCAST: A STAR TREK NEWS SHOW

fynncobbfynncobb Member Posts: 57 Media Corps
Greetings, Captains! You’re listening to EPISODE 313 OF PRIORITY ONE PODCAST, your weekly report on all things Star Trek! Recorded LIVE on Thursday, April 13th, 2017 and available for download or streaming on Monday, April 17th at PriorityOnePodcast.com!

This week, we’re Trekking Out whether Spock could be related to Sherlock Holmes, some Star Trek math, why Discovery could be at risk from a writers’ strike, and the XPrize Tricorder Challenge has a winner! In Star Trek Online and gaming news, we’re diving deep into the latest episode “Survivor” and gearing up for two new season launches in the next couple of weeks. We’re also looking at why the STO Gateway is no more, and the list of CBS-licensed Star Trek games is growing. Later, we’ll hear from our Science Adviser Dr. Hurt, in another report from the Astrometrics Lab.

And as always, before we wrap up the show, we’ll open hailing frequencies for your incoming messages!

TOPICS DISCUSSED

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE PREMIER STAR TREK ONLINE PODCAST!

Priority One Productions is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well-known outlet for your work. If you have a skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to INCOMING@PRIORITYONEPODCAST.COM

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by THIS LINK and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We’re on Facebook! Head over to WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIORITYONEPODCAST and say, “Hi!” Or, Check us out on Twitter via @PRIORITYONEPOD for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below or CONTACT US via our handy web form! Enjoy the show!

STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
Web: priorityonepodcast.com/po313/
iTunes: Priority One Podcast

SUBSCRIBE:
OUR RSS FEED

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
STOPriorityONE

313-269x300.png

Comments

• tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I'm a "Survivor" (What?)
    Three words: One off missions. DO IT CRYPTIC!!! I want more standalone adventures in STO. Not everything needs to be part of a long story arc where players fight off the latest big bad faction. "Survivor" works perfectly without having to tie into any other mission stuff (well, besides "Temporal Ambassador"). Bring back some of the other one-off missions too ("State of Q", "The Tribble with Klingons").

I also don't see a Brent Spiner VO happening for the foreseeable future, despite how awesome that would be and Data's appearance at the end of "Survivor". B'Elanna Torres shows up at the beginning of "Dust to Dust", but we still don't have any VO from Roxann Dawson; same for some of the other canon NPC cameos in-game (Q, Naomi Wildman, Icheb, etc.).

On the other hand, old Data (from All Good Things...) gave himself grey hair, so why can't he make his voice sound older?

Destroying the (non-Iconian) Gateway :(
    Between poor support and quickly abandoned development of the initial Gateway function, and the exploits on the Neverwinter version of Gateway (which apparently threatened to destroy their in-game economy), it was inevitable that Gateway would get axed. It's a shame, 'cuz I agree that a proper mobile companion app would be A-MAAA-ZING for keeping me engaged with my activites in STO even when I'm not planted in front of my actual computer. Hopefully Cryptic/PWE make another go at it down the line, but they'll have to really commit for it to work.

" 'Member Star Trek ?" "Oh, I 'member!!"
    See: South Park, Season 20
    http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Memberberries
    And remember: "Whatever you do, don't eat the memberries."
    animated-grape-image-0006.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]