test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Infinity Box!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited April 2017 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Infinity Box returns for a limited time, and this time it carries the secrets of the Tal Shiar!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10458993

EDIT:

Captains, an error on our end flipped the rewards for the Infinity Lock Box. The Battlecruiser, like on Console and in the T5 versions, was always meant to be the Lobi store ship, while the Destroyer was meant to be inside the Infinity Box. We're correcting this error in an upcoming update, but will not be taking any ships away from Captains who have acquired them during the period they were switched. If you'd like to purchase the Destroyer in the Lobi store, you will have until next Thursday's maintenance to do so.
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Boxes are dropping ahead of the dates in the announcement, proof reader needs some better ocular implants.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    according to the timestamp listed, they were to have started dropping a little over half an hour ago - did they start dropping before that?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    according to the timestamp listed, they were to have started dropping a little over half an hour ago - did they start dropping before that?​​

The post says "after maintenance on April 18th" and I got a couple boxes from running Survivor just now. Today is the 13th unless my calendar is off.

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited April 2017

If today were the 18th, you'd be correct. Seeing that it's the 13th...

edit-

And now they went back and changed the start date from the 18th to the 13th. All is now as it should be. :p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    huh...no idea how they could've screwed that up - unless the last infinibox started on an 18th, in which case they copy-pasted and didn't change the date, just the month​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Seems like a case of "$$$$$ fever" in that they swapped the Destroyer into the Lobi store and stuck the more wanted Cruiser into the lockbox. Don't think people didn't notice. It's a blatant cash grab to get people to gamble. Keep the things where they originally were released when you replace them with T6's. You already have enough gamble nonsense so stop trying to line your pockets even more. It's scummy.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

If today were the 18th, you'd be correct. Seeing that it's the 13th...

edit-

And now they went back and changed the start date from the 18th to the 13th. All is now as it should be. :p

Thts proof that we are in a Temporal Cold War!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    ash352 wrote: »
    Seems like a case of "$$$$$ fever" in that they swapped the Destroyer into the Lobi store and stuck the more wanted Cruiser into the lockbox. Don't think people didn't notice. It's a blatant cash grab to get people to gamble. Keep the things where they originally were released when you replace them with T6's. You already have enough gamble nonsense so stop trying to line your pockets even more. It's scummy.

I wanted the destroyer... so i'm happy with the swap, no complains here... also, every time they release an updated t6 version, they swap the ships, so, nothing new..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »
    ash352 wrote: »

I wanted the destroyer... so i'm happy with the swap, no complains here... also, every time they release an updated t6 version, they swap the ships, so, nothing new..

Actually, no they don't. Did they swap it for the box before this, the Elachi box? No. The only other time they did that was for the Jem'Hadar one which was scummy back then and this was equally as scummy. They did it for money because they knew people would throw money at the boxes to get the more wanted ships.
  • rivensinclairrivensinclair Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    "It should be noted that the Tier 5 version of the Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser will be removed from the Tier 5 ship box that is awarded by the Infinity Box, and the Tier 5 Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer will be replaced by the Tier 6 Tal Shiar Mandukar Adapted Destroyer in the Lobi Store."

All wrong.

Should read:
    "It should be noted that the Tier 5 version of the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer will be removed from the Tier 5 ship box that is awarded by the Infinity Box, and the Tier 5 Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser will be replaced by the Tier 6 Tal Shiar Khlinae Adapted Battlecruiser in the Lobi Store."

$$$$$$$$$$

Been saving up my Lobi for this battlecruiser. We all know how hard that is.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    luckyyahoo wrote: »

Do these additions include the beloved nanov pet?

DKUR9Tk.png
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    > @ash352 said:
    > Seems like a case of "$$$$$ fever" in that they swapped the Destroyer into the Lobi store and stuck the more wanted Cruiser into the lockbox. Don't think people didn't notice. It's a blatant cash grab to get people to gamble. Keep the things where they originally were released when you replace them with T6's. You already have enough gamble nonsense so stop trying to line your pockets even more. It's scummy.

They did the same thing with the JHDC, which is part of the reason I'm still using the T5-U
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, the prices on the Exchange for ships coming out of the Infinity can be cheaper than those from the Lobi Store. It won't be at first, not until a good supply builds up. What also doesn't help at first are those that have no self control who must be the first on the block and can't wait paying the gouging initial prices.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Putting this down here as well as at the top of the thread:

Captains, an error on our end flipped the rewards for the Infinity Lock Box. The Battlecruiser, like on Console and in the T5 versions, was always meant to be the Lobi store ship, while the Destroyer was meant to be inside the Infinity Box. We're correcting this error in an upcoming update, but will not be taking any ships away from Captains who have acquired them during the period they were switched. If you'd like to purchase the Destroyer in the Lobi store, you will have until next Thursday's maintenance to do so.
    Thank you for addressing and fixing this. It doesn't change the fact that this should have been caught a week ago when stuff went up on Tribble but at least you're fixing it now and hopefully it won't happen again in the future to avoid any misconceptions primarily due to popularity of items and "mistakes" of where they're meant to come from.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I guess if you really like the Adapted ships and have 1800 lobi laying around, this mix-up works well for you.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I would venture to guess that they originally intended to switch them and put the Destroyer in the Store, but then had second thoughts with all the drooling over the Heavy Weapons Slot. Might as well make some more over its acquisition.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    They are switching them because they are greedy, now they are switching them back because they are greedy.

Does everything have to be a conspiracy?