test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When will I get a Nanov?

luckyyahooluckyyahoo Member Posts: 278 Arc User
Will it be available on the 28th, at the beginning of the event, or on April 3rd, as per the calendar in game?

Will we even get a Nanov?

Because I *really* want a Nanov, even if it's just on my romulan captain!
Tex@luckyyahoo, U.S.S. Rocinante
STO fauna enthusiast/Joker extraordinaire
Vote Nanov!

Comments

• stoodoggstoodogg Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Once again the in game calandar seems to be showing something totally different from what the blogs on the site say because 'placeholder laziness' Therefore you probs wont get a nanov during the event. my guess: phoenix box, or never.
    Panel member, Tribbles In Ecstasy
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    stoodogg wrote: »
    Once again the in game calandar seems to be showing something totally different from what the blogs on the site say because 'placeholder laziness' Therefore you probs wont get a nanov during the event. my guess: phoenix box, or never.

^^^ This.

Up until the last minute the event placeholder for the latest Breech event said the award would be the Tanius again.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    Will it be available on the 28th, at the beginning of the event, or on April 3rd, as per the calendar in game?

Will we even get a Nanov?

Because I *really* want a Nanov, even if it's just on my romulan captain!

If the calendar is to be believed, and some version of the old Republic Day/Day of Honor/First Contact Day mission will be available next week alongside the new First Contact Day thing that starts this Thursday, you will only get the Nanov on your Romulan, since that's how it worked last time.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    Thank you for answering, but so far we have only conjecture!

O Nanov, Nanov! Wherefore art thou Nanov?

Conjecture over and awards for next week announced. Nanov-not.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    What Nanov? Did I miss an event?
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Wait another year OP...you just missed it :p
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    storules wrote: »
    What Nanov? Did I miss an event?

During First Contact Day/Day of Honor/Republic Day 2014, the baby nanov ground pet was a reward for Romulan characters.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    When nanovs fly.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I have been waiting over a month for republic day event. I want the nanov pet, if it turns out we don't get it, I will be upset.
    edited March 2017
    I have been waiting over a month for republic day event. I want the nanov pet, if it turns out we don't get it, I will be upset.

Indeed. The absence of Nanov would be the winter of my discontent.

Well it would be lieing to the player base as well. The Nanov is the one thing I look foward to I could care less about the Phoenix polymorph. The event calander did say for fact that the republic day and klingon honer day thing was running. if its not then thats something I think they will have backlash for big time. Especally those wanting the Nanov.

Prepare to be upset then.
    fftt wrote: »

Prepare to be upset then.

:(
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator

Indeed. The absence of Nanov would be the winter of my discontent.

Well it would be lieing to the player base as well. The Nanov is the one thing I look foward to I could care less about the Phoenix polymorph. The event calander did say for fact that the republic day and klingon honer day thing was running. if its not then thats something I think they will have backlash for big time. Especally those wanting the Nanov.

The event as described on the in-game calendar was copy and pasted from the last time we had First Contact/Honor/Republic Day 3 years ago. It was a place holder that didn't get updated to accurately reflect the actual event as described in the blog. The event blog told you what event was going to run. The event rewards blog told you what rewards you would be able to get. No one lied to anyone.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Perhaps they should add the stupid nanov and batleth to the phoenix box.

Both of which are not awarded during this years First Contact day event. They havent been available in a few years iirc.
  • andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Perhaps they should add the stupid nanov and batleth to the phoenix box.

Both of which are not awarded during this years First Contact day event. They havent been available in a few years iirc.

Agreed. The Phoenix pet from the old First Contact day event is available from the phoenix packs, there's no reason the other rewards from that same event shouldn't be available too.