test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should the Leech proc Drain Infection?

I mean...since it was nerfed to hell for both gaining and draining power...should it now be affected by Drain Infection...to at least give drainers a little extra damage?

Comments

• deathray38deathray38 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Plasmonic Leech is still "must have item". +30 power (10 times +0,75 for 4 systems) is not achievable by any other console, and drain to enemy ship is excellent addition. It was just moved from "OP AS HELL" box to "EXTREMELY OP" box, and it's dependency on Drain Expertise is reduced.

To make this item finally "OPTIONAL" it need another 50% nerf on both drain and power gain.

• crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Drain Infection is triggered by activated drain abilities. You do not activate plasmonic leech. So, no, it should not activate drain infection.
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Drain Infection is triggered by activated drain abilities. You do not activate plasmonic leech. So, no, it should not activate drain infection.

But could it? Give it scaling with drain expertise back, let it stack with MACO set, let drain infection work, but all of that because it becomes a clicky (30s uptime, 2min cooldown) like most other Tier1-4 C-store consoles. That drastically scales back its widespread must-have-ness while still being a go-to option for those heavily invested into drains.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...you wanna make PL a must have item again? The whole point was to make it NOT be a must have item.

Yeah...because drain infection does so much damage? I guess they buffed the leech again which I missed...

Because everyone is going to respec and spend precious spec points for a weak dot!