Install Arc
Options

Holy Nerf to Plasmonic Leech Batman!!

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    Before now? They sell for around 3M. There was a time when they sold for 80M plus.

LOL, I remember buying the first one for 45mil. Now all my alts have one, 3 in the bank and Im to the point I dont even use it on my main.

There was a time when the console sold for a lot higher than what you guys listed. I paid 123 million for mine back in 2014. Now since its been nerfed and screwed with so much. I keep it in the bank now.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    monodoso wrote: »
    tarran61 wrote: »
    Before now? They sell for around 3M. There was a time when they sold for 80M plus.

LOL, I remember buying the first one for 45mil. Now all my alts have one, 3 in the bank and Im to the point I dont even use it on my main.

There was a time when the console sold for a lot higher than what you guys listed. I paid 123 million for mine back in 2014. Now since its been nerfed and screwed with so much. I keep it in the bank now.

I only paid like 4 mil for each of them, back when (yes, I have like 6 Leeches, from the pre-loadout era: one for each major ship).

I also picked up a copy of Kemo 1, the other day, for only like 1.2 mil; I remember a day where they went for over 60 mil. I guess abilities fall in and out of grace. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    patrickngo wrote: »
    You're one of us Obsessives, just that your particular flavour happens to obsess about sekrit-hidden-pvp-cabals-ruining-everything and freaking out about any change at all that shifts away from the meta you're comfortable with (because it makes you feel powerful).

Nah, I gave up on knowing how it's all done a long time ago. :) Nobody ever tells me the superduper 'sekrit' stuff, and I haven't been able to figure it out by myself. That's why the Elite is going 6x faster than me (500k / 78k). And that's what makes me a casual player: I just want to have good gear and ships, and pew-pew, in PvE, and not wake up one day to see everything ruined for me.
    You're not a casual, you're just lazy.

That last personal dig was rather uncalled for. And I don't even understand it. If by 'lazy' you mean I just want to have fun, why, that's the very definition of a casual player! There are obviously ppl even more casual than me, and they are maybe not even aware the Big Nerf is happening, but that doesn't make me any less of a casual player. If by 'lazy' you mean I don't want to struggle now, having to overcome huge nerfs, just when I had pretty much both my toons in order, then sure, guilty as charged.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    in that sense, I can see how it's upsetting to players that rely on glitches or broken mechanics or unintended synergies to boost their egoes and DPS numbers, and it's probably going to change or alter people's records in the DPS league as their builds won't work that way after the changes go live.
    But, @patrickngo , how can I expect my "Bloat-tasque" to perform at any level of acceptable performance without Plasmonic Leech or Plasma Exploders, especially since they nerfed B:FAW?

:)
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    So much for Drain Expertise now... Let's see what else we can spend those skill points on.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Well either the queues are broken or this rebalance didn't happen as I've pugged several rounds of CCA/ISA/KSA/CSA and things are dying just as fast and in some cases faster. I've yet to make any skill tree changes or drop the plasma embassy consoles. Although my one toon not using embassy consoles was parsed at 37k in ISA so has lost around 20k dps but that could have been the team and buffs

Edit : Queues might be broken checked hull of Sphere in ISA usually a Advance Sphere has over 720k hull currently showing just over 220k. Also Gate was 2.3 mil hit points usually has over 5 mil
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Well either the queues are broken or this rebalance didn't happen as I've pugged several rounds of CCA/ISA/KSA/CSA and things are dying just as fast and in some cases faster. I've yet to make any skill tree changes or drop the plasma embassy consoles. Although my one toon not using embassy consoles was parsed at 37k in ISA so has lost around 20k dps

or as many people have said, y'all raised all this fuss over nothing.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they broke the queues; all advanced and elite are using normal-statted enemies​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    I must admit, things, on the power front, are not as bad as I thought they'd be. I have yet to parse stuff, but power levels on my Rom, at least, were all still near 100% (with weps power still way over it, of course). That was... unexpected.

Still, with ussvaliant going from 57k to 37k, I'd still say we're looking at significant nerfs.

The thing I missed the most was APA now being on a forced 90 sec cd again. So much for AHOD. But, overall, the game may possibly still be playable.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    they broke the queues; all advanced and elite are using normal-statted enemies​​

how did they pull that off.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options

Probably done so peeps would come out here, and say "See?! The nerfs weren't so bad!" :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Still, with ussvaliant going from 57k to 37k, I'd still say we're looking at significant nerfs.
    quote]

Figured out why that was, they have broke Advanced and Elite and the parse was taken against Normal scaled enemies so less hit points to tag
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    well, i got a 28% nerf to GW
    (large buff to tykens and TBR around 40% nerf) (50% nerf to plasma explosions - though I decided to leave them as something is better than nothing).

I played a couple runs with plasmonic then decided to remove it in favor of constriction anchor. It just doesn't do enough anymore to justify a slot. I increased power to aux slightly.
    This reduced the GW nerf to around 10%

I sacrifice some engine, a little weapons, and a lot of shield power. Overall I guess it's around a 30% nerf. However, all I really care about is GW so I guess I can live with the 10%.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    This NPC scaling issue appears to have been reported via Tribble feedback last week but was still pushed to Holodeck. So I hope this isn't treated like an exploit as they knew about it but perhaps didn't have the time to fix it before deadline
    maR4zDV.jpg

• Options
    geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »

Really? Because I definitely had advanced enemys when doing a borg disconnected advanced, and a GGA. I think the problem is it works ok when only queuing for ONE que at a time, but joining more than one que at a time, yep only got normal enemys.
  • Options
    geekguy79 wrote: »
    nightken wrote: »

Really? Because I definitely had advanced enemys when doing a borg disconnected advanced, and a GGA. I think the problem is it works ok when only queuing for ONE que at a time, but joining more than one que at a time, yep only got normal enemys.

Well, I had only queued for 1 Tzenkethi Advanced, so maybe I got the proper enemies, after all? Otherwise I would start getting worried again (as it would mean Advanced enemies, which felt like Advanced enemies, suddenly were Normal ones).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    i got elite in korfez but normal in the new one advanced.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Lets finish this thread with a song

https://youtu.be/WvFW_FCatLM?t=128
    maR4zDV.jpg

• Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    nephitis wrote: »
    Well given the new scaling of Plasmonic Leech I guess the [AMP] modifier is quite useless now. lol... I guess high EPS and Drain Expertise go out the window now.

I'm still getting 85+ sub system power to each system so,... that's really the only reason I use plas leech anyway, to get my sub sys power up to trigger the [AMP] on my warp core.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Well is the consensus good or bad?