test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Promo 26th Century Tier 6 Dreadnought Starship you think is the best designed?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10423573
Which one do you think is the best looking or do you think all of them are good and worthy of getting or do you find all of them to be ugly?

Which Promo 26th Century Tier 6 Dreadnought Starship you think is the best designed? 131 votes

Fed Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser [T6] Universe Class (entJ)
15%
natthaanvengefuldjinnblitzy4kyle223catjambyspaulbowmanvaine87jim625evilmark444xardrianephitisjptvh29829282smokebaileylordmavysstorulesstarcruiser#3423mcwayne13apheex#3641admiralvoraan 20 votes
Klingon Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battlecruiser
19%
ikonn#1068ssbn655es5001shpoksalexraptorrmustrumridcully0iconiansseaofsorrowsangrytargneoakiraiithay8472vandelemmingennikeixliantheliagolfildurjtoney3448groomofweirdemacsheadroomtheussvoyagermiirik 26 votes
Romulan alkis Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Warbird
45%
commanderkassymarikaoniki1berginsduncanidaho11saurializarddaboholicgaevsmanangarus1dracounguiskitsunesnoutvegeta50024lordsteve1rmy1081potasssiumkodachikunojcsteeleodinforever20000arliekkosdongemaharurattler2 60 votes
They are all Designed Well and I want them.
5%
celestissgaraks31mattjohnsonvathemetalstickmanartan42scrooge69eagleeyeabc 7 votes
They are all Ugly in design
13%
steinbergf8explorer#7814tunebreakerpatrickngosunfrancksanazondachastity1337trennanmerlinofliramikoto8472corelogikarchoncommanderjamieblanchardmyk5bubbahotep#3025byozuma#0956thundergodcid#6032ehllfhire69 18 votes

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Always loved the Enterprise J, fortunately for my wallet all of my characters have ships I'm happy with though
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    shrink it down to sane and the Valkis is one sexy warbird
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    The Valkis is really good.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Romulan one is the only one that seems wasn't made of Silly Putty and then pulled in various directions.
    That being said, I hate the fact that these are coming. It'd be nice if Cryptic fixed camera issues before putting out extra-huge ships.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I like the Klingon one best, although it does look like the Temporal Science Vessel just inflated. In general, I find these starships rather silly in their enormous dimensions, they all look like "regular sized" ships simply inflated. The Klingon one that I like on these images looked rather pathetic in ZEF films video, just firing puny beams from a single fore and aft hardpoint. Add to that the logical dilemma here - we are in the 25th century in STO. These ships are supposed to be simply a century more advanced than our current ships, they are super huge and all but we also have 29th and even 31st century ships in the game that completely turned around the evolution ship design again and that have to be vastly superior to those. We don't have "stripped hulls from the Lobi consortium" any more, remember these ships come fromt heir time with the full technological potential, they are not "shrinked down" to our time for "fairness" - these ships cannot be better than the far future ships froma logical point of view.

But, STO is a hot incoherent mess so who cares pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    So far I guess the Romulan ship is receiving the most love.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    The Ent-J was an abomination when it first appeared on Enterprise, it is a money-grabbing abomination now.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • h29829282h29829282 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I have been waiting for this, just hope I can get one. Also going for the Romulan one as well if I can.​​
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Need to look at them in play, I think. But the Enterprise J was never my favorite design, though I like the general idea of the non-ape-brain design. It basically follows the tradition of the original Enterprise, which also doesn't look like anyone would expect a space ship too look.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    They are all Designed Well and I want them.
    I like them but I don't want them. I don't want them for the same reason I don't want the Wells or any of the 26th, 29th, or 31st century ships, they should be so comically more powerful than the difference between, say, the Sovereign and NX should be that I could't justify using them.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Klingon. That will be all.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    While I'm fond of the Romulan, I have to say after lookin gat the frigate pets, I have to give the overall package to the Klingons. Their frigates look awesome and really bring out the lines of the carrier they launch from.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Me wants the J! ~flails arms anime style~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    The Durgath looks intimidating.

ypa4B4V.gif
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I like them but I don't want them. I don't want them for the same reason I don't want the Wells or any of the 26th, 29th, or 31st century ships, they should be so comically more powerful than the difference between, say, the Sovereign and NX should be that I could't justify using them.​​
    IMO if there were any internal consistency, these ships wouldn't be playable because the future time cops would be taking them back to their appropriate time periods. But whatever. People like them, so I'm just going to do my best to ignore them.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    IMO if there were any internal consistency, these ships wouldn't be playable because the future time cops would be taking them back to their appropriate time periods. But whatever. People like them, so I'm just going to do my best to ignore them.

This is a time period that sees lot of time travel danials did say at this point this is when time travel starts to become much more common and becomes a part of life like transporters. But its also possible the first Universe Class was built in the 25th century. But yes, I do think until the temporal agreement people constantly traveled to the past to the twenty fifth century and time travel got so bad they banned it all together.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Not that it matters as they will be snapped up and resold by outside vendors for insane amounts. Crytpic is shooting itself in the foot again just like they did with the TOS T-6 Constitution/D-7/Warbird. Wish they would sell these charecter bound C-store where you can 100% get one instead of the F over these lockboxs are. Got a hint for you Cryptic many like me would dump a hundred bucks per toon, that way you get the revenue instead of some gold farmer in China. Thank god the NX Refit was Lobi!
    Post edited by ssbn655 on
    So which seems more likely to you? That Cryptic - able to see every single transaction - is "shooting themselves in the foot" or it works great and you just don't like it?
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    The Durgath looks intimidating.

ypa4B4V.gif

Well, if they had the meatier nacelle designs the KDF is known for, I probably would have picked it over the Valkis.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Valkis is great, and the devs did an excellent job on the models. However, whoever designed the boff layouts really ruined these ships. That was a mistake, a lot of desire for these ships has been lost by quite a few people.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    The Ent-J was an abomination when it first appeared on Enterprise, it is a money-grabbing abomination now.

They had it in the game already. Why not sell it in a way that keeps the abomination to relatively low frequencies in the population? If it was terrible to begin with then at least this way of introducing it to STO keeps it's supposed terribleness to a minimum. :tongue:

(BTW, I'm chuffed to bits that the Ent-J is coming. The more ships the merrier, though I do prefer the ROM ship. Cryptic did a great job with the design.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I think they're all kinda fugly, but the Romulan ship has at least some merit. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Not that it matters as they will be snapped up and resold by outside vendors for insane amounts. Crytpic is shooting itself in the foot again just like they did with the TOS T-6 Constitution/D-7/Warbird. Wish they would sell these carecter bound C-store where you can 100% get one instead of the F over these lockboxs are. Got a hint for you Cryptic many like me would dump a hundred bucks per toon that way you get the revenue instead of some gold farmer in China. Thank god the NX Refit was Lobi!

Wu1Ooju.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Alkis looks really nice after finally seeing one in new romulus. I hope they keep up the good work on the Warbirds. If only it had 4 sci consoles and one less tac it would be tempting, but as it is I think the T'Laru's better.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    The problem is that the Fed version is based on a design that even those who created it admit it was half-baked at best. Ideally the design should be based on the finished product.
    edited March 2017
    I like to think it's a fine opportunity to poke fun at the canon-ists who hold every rushed script, every poor shot, every on-screen flub, and every pitiful budget work-around as more essential to what Star Trek IS than any novel ever written in the setting.