test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ULC-Annual Discussion Thread: Firstborn

aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Ten Forward
This is the discussion thread for ULC - Annual #3: Firstborn

This is a new unofficial literary challenge to start off the new year!

Along with the regular ULC's, this is an optional challenge I've decided to start for developing a lesser used alt, or just to flesh out one of your characters. For best results, the idea of the ULC-Annual, is to stick to one character for the remainder of the 10 month challenge. More in-depth summary on the Entry thread.

Obviously you don't have to participate for all 12 prompts, I just thought it would be something interesting and new to try with the start of 2017.

Found I had to write up a new prompt, some of the ones in the LC suggestion Thread just seem so... Season 8... So, enjoy this just written up prompt, based on the new map additions to the Alpha Quadrant!

Comments

• Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Hah! Take that post-eating, save glitch! Boo yah!
    Entry thread got eaten while adding in Discussion link, now both are cross linked to the proper threads.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Starsword had some posting issues too with ULC33. This forum, amirite? Also, nice prompt. I like the challenge. I might check out Corbomite Maneuver again and do some wiki consultation.
  • Options
    Anyone know what torpedo/beam type weapons Tzenkethi ships use?
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    They're Tetryon and I want to say quantum
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I ended up just giving them tricobalts. Can't go wrong with those, I guess. Anyway, posted! I forgot to explain how the duplicates survive each catastrophe. Just know that they do. :p Enjoy!
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    I ended up just giving them tricobalts. Can't go wrong with those, I guess. Anyway, posted! I forgot to explain how the duplicates survive each catastrophe. Just know that they do. :p Enjoy!

Well, does making the enemy poofy and gel-filled reduce the difficulty of the challenge or just the hardness of it? :p
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    hawku001x wrote: »

Well, does making the enemy poofy and gel-filled reduce the difficulty of the challenge or just the hardness of it? :p

Haha. It makes the whole thing squishy, which is on the easy scale.