test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rebel Insurgence Idea, Federation Civil War/Gorn Seperatists and Romulan Star Empire Resurgence.

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
I saw someone post this elsewhere but it would be interesting if the Federation starts to break apart and infighting happens. Causing full out chaos Do to all the wars and all the resources spent on wars and some races that are members are sick and tired of it wanting out. Also could have a resurgence of anti alien groups and groups sick of the federation all together joining forces. Forcing the Alliance to confront all this. Also this group of coming together joining into a group like the Maquis. Also this would not be only happening to the federation but at the same time for the romulan republic and Klingon Empire. The Resurgence of Romulan Star Empire Loyalists wanting to restore the Romulan Empire and the Gorn Separatists wanting to be free of the Klingon Empire.
I think it would be a good idea?
What do you think?

Rebel Insurgence Idea, Federation Civil War/Gorn Seperatists and Romulan Star Empire Resurgence. 42 votes

Yes Because this would shake up the Status Quo, plus seeing groups of sepertists and rebel based Organizations like the Maquis Would make for an intersting story arc.
35%
nightkenreyan01artan42kjwashingtonwhere2r1patrickngothay8472alcyoneserenetheraven2378catoblepasbetathevampinatorcoolbatmanjorantomalakstardestroyer3shadowwraith#9264 15 votes
No I don't want Infighting in the federation.
64%
duncanidaho11sophlogimosaurializardbaddmoonrizincidjackphrgarabaturrisian4jcsteelearliekkosangrytargkyle223catvaloreahmarkhawkmantylermaxwellevilmark444tygerzzxradristyler002bovinemaster 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    no because cryptic would botch the handling of this and of course we'd have no choice but to side with the "alliance" and restore "order"
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    They could call it "Star Wars"....
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Yes Because this would shake up the Status Quo, plus seeing groups of sepertists and rebel based Organizations like the Maquis Would make for an intersting story arc.
    yeah... Alliance Civil War!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    There is only war
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      No, all of this is directly counter to the entire premise of star Trek, and several of these groups, such as RSE loyalists, have been so beaten by the player character that a reassurance wouldn't make sense.

What he said.

I also think that, while a focus on the Federation for example could be good, I'd like to see something else than yet another conflict. Rebuilding colony worlds or developing new ones sounds great. But if there has to be another conflict, I'd rather have it take us out to somewhere else, somewhere unknown.

Also, OP, you may want to check the answer options you've given.
    • Options
      jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      Yes a federation civil war would be interesting, and actually make your captain choose a side not have it chosen for them ,atleast for the arc at the end of the arc the war ends and the federation still stands.

• Options
      saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,393 Arc User
      reyan01 wrote: »
      It's a good idea IF done right. It isn't really something Trek has explored at any great length. I mean, yeah we had the Maquis but there were not THAT many episodes centred on them.
      I disagree, because I remember something involving Cardassian Rebels turning the tide of the Dominion War.
      I remember something involving a colony of human supremacists threatening to blow up a Earth city if aliens didn't leave the Solar system in ENT, as well as a whole arc involving a Vulcan sect and a conspiracy between Vulcan traitors and Romulans, and the Klingon civil war between Duras and Gowron.
      There was also the Equinox incident, the whole plots of The Undiscovered Country, Insurrection, Nemesis, Into Darkness and Beyond, the coup d'état attempted by Leyton, the Q Civil War, the civil war that devastated Cheron in "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield", the Borg Civil War that gave the birth of the Cooperative.
      And let's not forget the Eugenics Wars, the post-WWIII chaos, the Andorian-Vulcan conflict, and especially not the whole thing that could be considered a status quo in the Mirror Universe.
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      Nope​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,321 Community Moderator
      No. The Federation doesn't really go to war unless it has to. The Federation-Klingon War only happened because diplomacy failed and Undine influence. Neither side really wanted to fight the other. The Klingons were trying to stop an Undine infiltration of the Alpha Quadrant, and the Undine were manipulating both sides into war against one another.

Common enemies and allies finally ended the fighting. First through efforts to stop the Borg, then helping the Romulan Republic. Finally the Klingons were vindicated when the Undine invaded and together the powers drove them off. Peace was finally firmly established just in time to deal with the Iconian invasion. Again, a war brought on the Alpha Quadrant, not one they sought out, but one that was won, ultimately by helping the Iconians, not through force.

Everyone in the Romulan Republic is there because they felt oppressed by the old regime. It makes no sense that there would be separatists that would want to return to the Romulan Empire. The RSE still exists, of a sort, and anyone who wanted surely could return. I'm certain D'Tan wouldn't stop them.

Member worlds of the Federation wouldn't just want to up and leave because of these events. In fact, these events prove why being part of the Federation, and now the Alliance, is good for them. Together they are able to support and defend one another when major threats or problems arise.

At this time, any xenophobic groups that might spring up shouldn't get much traction. There's too much spirit of cooperation going on right now. The ONLY separatist leaning that's been hinted at are possibly the Gorn, but even that isn't a given.
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    • Options
      tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
      No, because you are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
    • Options
      alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
      Yes, so long as we can side with the rebelling sides. I'd take it further and break apart the alliance so that RSE can also attack feds and KDF if only to correct the republican damage done to the empire.
      Y945Yzx.jpg
      Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
      · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
      «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
      ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    • Options
      centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
      Overall, I am against this idea. But I would certainly like some Gorn centric story arc involving some independence or something along those lines.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      I can only advocate this if it means the Orions can show the Klingons who is the brains behind the Empire.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      If the Feds don't want it....bring that over to the KDF side of the story. This alliance with everybody is boring me to tears.
      "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      edited March 2017
      Yes. We need more war.

When we've run out of enemies to fight, turn upon ourselves.
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,393 Arc User
      patrickngo wrote: »
      Provide: Objective Evidence as you claim. I can point to Path to 2409, and every storyline mission we've had since release for mine, Som.

Not once in any mission does your Federation captain say, "Wait, this is wrong" except in the Kobali mission, and here it gets a one-line 'solution' at the end of the Harry Kim/Harry Kim episode.

at NO time do you buck command, refuse a bad order, or otherwise act any way except as a good, obedient soldier. You're never even given the opportunity. Further to that, you never have to bust anyone else for breaking orders either. At least with the Klingon string, you see Klingons acting against their government-this never happens with Starfleet.

there is NO internal conflict to justify what the OP is proposing, I present that Objectively there's no potential FOR internal conflict. To get one, requires massive storyline gymnastics that probably wouldn't pass either the "Kid/family friendly" or "CBS Approval" tests.

Particularly in regards to the UFP. both the Romulan and KDF storylines actually have some room for this to develop naturally-the Klingons just lost most of their ruling council, the Romulans are still in a chaotic transition phase and are held together mostly by a single charismatic leader, but with the split loyalties involved, they have the Possibility of internal conflict.

this isn't the case with the Federation. There's no 'hook' to hang such a story on, it would stick out as both anachronistic and ill-fitting to try and shoehorn one in.

do you understand me now? Do I need to draw you a diagram? The potential for a Maquis or Leyton situation simply doesn't currently exist in the Federation storyline.
      There are still a few parts where your captain can disobey orders or make their concerns clear.

Your character can object to the opening of the gateway in a Step between Stars, also, you can choose to discard Tuvok's suggestions for support and you can say you won't put your ship at risk by flying it so close to the star.

Your character also isn't thrilled at the idea of using time itself against the Iconians.

Your character can also refuse to arrest Obisek.

Your character also go into missions that are provided by Section 31 several times.

Your character can also choose to TRIBBLE the Hazari contract to alert the Benthans about their spy, or the opposite.

That said, I still agree, it's not likely to have inner conflicts inside the federation outside of some bureaucrats in the story blogs.
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • Options
      smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
      Might as well drop your pants and go all over happened up till now, then.
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      patrickngo wrote: »
      both the Romulan and KDF storylines actually have some room for this to develop naturally-the Klingons just lost most of their ruling council,
      Yes, I for one welcome our new Orion overlords. :D
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      To hell with all this peace and love for aliens. The Tzenkathi are wiping out species as they see fit ... Let's go exterminate them!
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      I wouldn't mind an arc or just a single episode where we visit an alternate universe where all the major factions are locked in their own civil wars. If they did such an arc, I'd like to see the alternate Feds using the old Perpetual ship designs, followed by a Perpetual lockbox.

As for the STO universe experiencing civil war? No.
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png