test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher slow an generation a lot of log errors

The launcher is not loading quite right and is generating a lot of errors, anybody else is having this issue?, the sto folder is full of logs with errors with the launcher.
The forces of darkness are upon us!

Comments

• Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    You know--I've never even looked at launcher logs, so I don't have anything that I could contribute by way of comparison--where are they? Maybe you could post a few lines and I could compare to what I see here.

--update--

Okay, I know where the Arc logs are. Can you post some of the error messages? (And if you haven't already posted in the Support section, now would be a good time to do that.)
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Nah, its the Star Trek Online Launcher, for some reason its generating more error logs than ever, that draw my attention, i just wanted to know if it was a local problem (kind of in my country), or somebody else is having the same issue, so i can report it as a bug or something..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Not local. It litters its own directory. Same with Neverwinter launcher.
    Just write a batch file with: del /y *.log
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    It even leaves zero-length files. I had 1600 in the folder when I last checked. Cleaned them right up, too. If you're looking at them in Explorer--Ctrl-A and then Shift-Del, the worthless logs get blown to hell.
    boldly-watched.png