test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scryer Intel Science Vessel - Emitter Synergy

It has been a while since I flew an intelligence ship, so I was looking back at some of them the other day. When I came to the Scryer, I had to do a double take when looking at the starship trait. Emitter Synergy gives a 7.5% boost to shield healing and exotic damage when activating intel or tactical boff abilities? My question is why this is not science instead of tactical. The Eclipse's starship trait Battle Ready gives 7.5 damage resistance and defense when using any engineering or intel boff abilities and the Phantom's starship trait reduces tactical boff power cooldowns when you are missed. So shouldn't the Scryer's starship trait have to do with science abilities rather than tactical? That would have made more sense to me. What does everyone else think?
da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv

Comments

• rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    It's pretty easy to get the 3 stacks of emitter synergy with just a few tac powers. I think they chose tac rather than science to have some synergy with Reciprocity.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, it's a bit weird, but as long as the ensign universal station is used for a tactical Boff, players can usually get 3 stacks of emitter synergy. The exception would be when the Scryer is used as a torpedo ship. I use torpedoes on the Scryer and the Boff abilities I use are TT1, TS1 and TS2. I only get 2 stacks.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    You do have all four target subsystems. This with your lt tac makes it that you can use a lot of tac abillities. You can have this boost always up.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Also if you use it together with Reciprocity you get tac cooldowns for more tac use for more Emitter Synergy
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I always felt the idea was they thought people might run all 3 Intel traits together. I guess most people won't do that but it would still work pretty well.

Battle Ready increases defence making you harder to hit, which sets off Reciprocity giving you tac CD reductions, meaning you can use more tac abilities to set off Emitter Synergy.
    SulMatuul.png