test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gre'thor Ground Battle Zone

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
it would be intersting if they added the planet of Gre'thor and Stov kor as battle and adventure Zones some time in the future.

Gre'thor Ground Battle Zone 41 votes

Yes a story line with another invasion of demons from the Klingon Hell and having to defend the Klingon Heaven
80%
nightkenikonn#1068sophlogimogaraks31saurializardmatthewfelixmustrumridcully0kitsunesnoutkodachikunorattler2patrickngogradiiknuhteb5thay8472dwellerofvault13boricua13kaggert27hillard1959theraven2378thevampinator 33 votes
No
19%
berginsshpoksduncanidaho11cidjackvelquanickcastletondarakossxayss 8 votes

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Yes a story line with another invasion of demons from the Klingon Hell and having to defend the Klingon Heaven
    Perfect place for fighting to the Doom soundtrack
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
      edited February 2017
      "They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is done! " --Doom 2016

"I'm willing to take responsibility for the horrible events of the last 24 hours, but you must understand: our interest in their world was purely for the betterment of the Klingon Empire. Everything has clearly gotten out of hand now, but it was worth the risk, I assure you." --the Klingon guy responsible for causing the appearance of the battlezone while your character cracks their fists and punches the command of a turbolift
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
      don't think there is a klingon heaven. there is hell and there is the special hell for people who talk at the theater ...
    • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
      Since we never actually found out *why* these came back, then this storyline definitely needs closure. I took it as head-canon that the Iconians were responsible, but that doesn't really fit since the Iconians wanted the Klingons as a client race. Plus T6 Fakhari ships please :D

And more ground zones yes please. Still hoping for a Tzenkethi one later on in this season though, given how much effort went into their design, and the Lukari ground weapons that kind-of only work on the Tzenkethi.
      LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      Sure, why not.

If it has good rewards (=like the voth BZ, not like all the space BZs) I might even play it more than once.
    • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
      it would be intersting if they added the planet of Gre'thor and Stov kor as battle and adventure Zones some time in the future.

Please yes! A doomesque hur'q themed ground battle zone with nasty ghoulies would def be a sweet battle zone.
      aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
      I'd love this. Considering we never got a full resolution to that story (though obviously it was hinted that Iconians were involved), I'd love to see it get continued. When the Gamma Quadrant expansion comes it would be a great time to continue this story (since if I remember correctly the Hur'q may have been from the Gamma Quadrant).
    • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
      I'd love to see the Fek'Ihri story revamped and resolved, but not as a queue/battlezone. It should be a mission chain so that people who prefer single-player (like myself) can experience the story without having to PUG.

A battlezone that comes alongside that, though, would be awesome.
      NJ9oXSO.png
      "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
      -Thomas Marrone
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,974 Community Moderator
      Normally I main Fed... but there really is only one response to this...

latest?cb=20100518002946&path-prefix=en

*clears throat*
      GRE'THOR WILL BE PAVED WITH THEIR ASHES!
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
      No
      One choice, full of description. The other, just "No".

Biased poll is biased.

I vote against the bias. Cool idea though. Might have happened before they went down the road of "Faction Agnostic" (read Fed-Centric) content.
      "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    • nappers1nappers1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
      Why not expand on map in Big Dig? then alternate it between the Tal Shiar/Remans and Fek'lhr?
    • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      I could see, and enjoy this. Make it as a part of a Hur'q centered story arc, maybe as part of being a invasion arc. I could even see it as part of a halloween type ground adventure-zone,, which would be fun to play thru an enjoy. Seeing the Hur'q return using several genetically engineered races that resemble monsters/demons of several of the main faction races as the vanguard of their invasion (maybe as part of a halloween event that leads into the story arc beginning), with them raiding the worlds of the factions prior to the Hur'q being revealed. Like thru a time-gated reveal thru events, and missions that slowly give us info from things we find in the ground-zone like ruins an such we investigate.
    • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
      No
      No
      while i would like to either see or at least know what happend to the Fek'lhr a ground zone in Klingon heaven/hell i just personally dislike.

I do however support more ground zones as its the only place where classes are more balanced.
      0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    • dwellerofvault13dwellerofvault13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
      edited February 2017
      Hi! Long time lurker... Rare poster! I voted yes, but only if it were tied into an expansion like the one described here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/5kwown/expansion_4_what_would_you_like_it_to_be/?sort=new

It sounds like a boon for Klingon players and those who have been on the fence about creating a Klingon alt. And need I mention the various ways Cryptic can make a profit off of this?

Cheers!

2778.png
      War... War never changes.
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
      I'm not much for ground battlezones (ground, period), but this does sound like a good idea, as we never really resolved that particular arc.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      I( was not so much thinking specifically a ground battle-zone that would be Gre'thor alone, but more of maybe one that has several quadrants in it. With each of these quadrants being modeled after the heaven/hell of a specific faction/race populated by their respective mob types (like the Fek'lhr, angels, demons, and what have you.), than the last quadrant would be maybe the base that the Hur'q created these creatures that they sent to invade the galaxy. It would give all three factions something of why they went there via maybe a sequence of missions/attacks by these legendary beings of their mythoogy, which than lead back to this world the battlzone/adventure-zone takes place on.
    • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      edited February 2017
      definatley that has to one of the bet story arcs of the factions , would like to see it concluded on the hur'q homeworld where we rescue the real kahless not a clone but the real deal.
    • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      yes please.

maybe a section with a dampening "forcing" us to fight hand to hand?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
      It will be intersting to see what they will do in the future would at some point like to see the gamma quaderent being added. They could tie this into that maybe.