test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Down - Nevermind, unscheduled maintenance...

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
Cannot login and the server is down, anybody else is having this issue?

Update: Its unscheduled maintenance, i just got home and fired up the game, didn't knew, thanks anyway..
The forces of darkness are upon us!

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Damn, i misread the date!... as it was for tomorrow!, thanks!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The patch notes does not include anything that seems to be critical fixes to the game.

Maybe that means there is will not be a patch tomorrow morning?
    I was wondering the same thing
    If so, then STO players in Europe will finally get their wish (at least for one day)... players in the US getting screwed by maintenance during the evening.
    edited February 2017
    Perhaps tomorrow's patch is bigger?, besides the launch of the new ships and the upgrade weekend?
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Regardless, it is *not* 3am PST time ;) *AM*
    New ships generally does not need a big patch and neither would an upgrade weekend warrant a huge patch to the game to the point where two patches back to back would be necessary.

But it does not really matter to me since the Thursday maintenance patch occurs during work hours.
  • drizzecdrizzec Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Server still down it says the maintenance from 3-5.30 am PST but it is already after 3.30 pm PST. what they do forget to turn the servers back on after they got done with the maintenance.
    Maintenance is for 2.5 hours, so we have to wait a lot..
    drizzec wrote: »
    Server still down it says the maintenance from 3-5.30 am PST but it is already after 3.30 pm PST. what they do forget to turn the servers back on after they got done with the maintenance.

As usual Cryptic employees lack the ability to proofread.

The server went down at 3:00pm PST / 6:00pm EST. I was able to play STO for about 20 minutes when I got home before the server went down.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    They just mixed "am" with "pm", that's obvious.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • shadowwolf2k7shadowwolf2k7 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    still no word on when the people who are still missing their kit modules from the ui change over will have their kit modules returned?
    This sucks :( my internet is very unpredictable right now, and one day where my net is up and I can play the game, the game is down. I think I'm not getting the USS Dorito this time :(​​

There is still a lot of days for the end of the anniversary, so there is plenty of time :smile:
    oh man now i am not going to miss my daily and not get enough marks for the event ship. hope there will be a way to get them later. still have a past event with the crystalline entity still on the list that i need to get shards for on one character
    oh man now i am not going to miss my daily and not get enough marks for the event ship. hope there will be a way to get them later. still have a past event with the crystalline entity still on the list that i need to get shards for on one character

The server is expected to be back up in about 90 minutes. Assuming you have not even started getting vouchers for the ship, it is still possible to get the ship at this point.

- Play the missions "Of Signs and Portents" to get 400 vouchers.
    - Play the Omega mini-game daily mission starting tonight to get 40 vouchers.
    - You need to play the mini-game 15 times (20 hour cooldown) to get 600 vouchers.
    - That means by February 22nd you will have all 1,000 vouchers to claim the ship.
    - The Anniversary Events ends on February 23rd when maintenance starts.
    jaguarskx wrote: »

The server is expected to be back up in about 90 minutes. Assuming you have not even started getting vouchers for the ship, it is still possible to get the ship at this point.

- Play the missions "Of Signs and Portents" to get 400 vouchers.
    - Play the Omega mini-game daily mission starting tonight to get 40 vouchers.
    - You need to play the mini-game 15 times (20 hour cooldown) to get 600 vouchers.
    - That means by February 22nd you will have all 1,000 vouchers to claim the ship.
    - The Anniversary Events ends on February 23rd when maintenance starts.

Oh I thought the event only ran 2 weeks. Good so i can still get the event ship then.
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    It would be easier if they just posted everything in military time--just like they do already with UTC. That way they don't have to figure am/pm.

Anyone know the reason for the downtime? Wednesday is highly unusual for STO patches.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    . . .unscheduled maintenance. . .

This was plugging a leak, as in, someone/some group found a glitch in the matrix, and used it to their unsportsmanlike benefit.

Do I have proof? No. How often does this sort of maintenance happen? Remember the Delta Quadrant Fiasco? Or the Vendor Loop from Dan Stahl's time? It doesn't happen often. Only when there is unwanted activity going on as viewed by the dev's side of the game.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    This sucks :( my internet is very unpredictable right now, and one day where my net is up and I can play the game, the game is down. I think I'm not getting the USS Dorito this time :(

There is still a lot of days for the end of the anniversary, so there is plenty of time :smile:

The question is if there'll be enough days I have working internet between now and then :(​​

Perhaps you can use your cell phone internet?, i do it all the time when internet in my home is dead.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Looked at the patch notes and nothing jumped out as stuff that had to be patched asap rather than during the usual thursday afternoon downtime for maintenance.

Why in the world not just patch/update then instead of having an extra offline time so close to the scheduled weekly one.
    hopefully it will fix the server connection lag issue. I constantly get the little red text at the top of the screen says something (the text is too small to read) but can not do anything while it is there and when it goes away everything seams to jump. sometimes i die sometime i do not. I know it is not on my end got good connection. and antivirus s off when i play but i still get server lag
  • carcosa#4225 carcosa Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Let me get this straight, if you get 1000 vouchers on one character, then the ship is unlocked account wide correct?
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Yeah

and event ships have the oddity of being t6 and usable from level 40.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    This sucks :( my internet is very unpredictable right now, and one day where my net is up and I can play the game, the game is down. I think I'm not getting the USS Dorito this time :(

The question is if there'll be enough days I have working internet between now and then :(

Perhaps you can use your cell phone internet?, i do it all the time when internet in my home is dead.

I do, and that's how I do the forums and facebook and such, but it's not strong enough to play the game on.​​

do ya have lobi? That could help if yer desperate
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Yeah

and event ships have the oddity of being t6 and usable from level 40.

THIS is TRUE. Either way, a Stealth Paradigm HAS been injected by The Devs!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png