test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Okay this is not funny and this was not happening before patch so I know this is new.

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
Travel to defara sector in alpha quaderent does not work, it was working before that.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    See the bugs subforum for my thread.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    No, it takes you near the system. But the thing is it was working last night and today try to use the transwarp to alpha Defara sector is not working. It makes me wonder if this is a bug or something thye did on purpose for some reason I don't know but all I know is its not working now.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    Defera Transwarp takes you into the Defera system, looking at the planet. You have to leave the system to do anything else in Alpha Quad.

But yes, I had this problem as well. Click > nothing happens. Send in a Support Ticket about it and post a thread in the Bug forum.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Or add to my existing thread. Transwarp to Drozena? Not today!

The best you can do for workarounds are pick a different transwarp that's close, like Deep Space 9, or go the long way with slipstream.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Earlier this evening I Transwarped to the Bajor System for the Omega Daily and ended up in the Defera Sector instead.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Is it bad that I find it just a little bit funny?

Thanks for the heads up, no thanks to the useless, all caps, run-on title.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Earlier this evening I Transwarped to the Bajor System for the Omega Daily and ended up in the Defera Sector instead.

Bugs-ABQ.jpg
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Transwarp to Defera system works for me just now.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    Defera Transwarp takes you into the Defera system, looking at the planet. You have to leave the system to do anything else in Alpha Quad.

But yes, I had this problem as well. Click > nothing happens. Send in a Support Ticket about it and post a thread in the Bug forum.

Odd. Seems to work well on my Rom alt (I use the transwarp to the planet, then exit the system to drop me off near the Terran Battlezone).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    It seems to be working now. no clue. Temp bug, hopefully.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    That's OK, when I try to transwarp to Bajor I end up at Defera everytime.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    That's OK, when I try to transwarp to Bajor I end up at Defera everytime.​​

North... isn't supposed to be on the bottom of the map. ;)
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    The transwarps to the alpha quadrant have been buggy for me since quite a while. Most of the time they work. More rarely one of them doesn't work, so I'll take the other, which may or may not take me to the former's destination. Sometimes both don't work (click, nothing happens), some of those times again (rarely) they still start the cooldown.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The truth is that none of the ones with a circular icon (Beta Quadrant>Drozana and Alpha Quadrant>Bajor and Defera) are supposed to work if you don't have a consumable Transwarp coil as per their descriptions when you hover over them, and the more subtle clue of their different icons on the list. It was a bug that allowed you to use the Drozana one and whichever of the 2 you could use to go to Defera sector in the first place without a coil.

For those experiencing confusion on this, we are not referring to the Defera System transwarp that is unlocked by reaching Tier 1 in Omega reputation, but the one on the list that opens when you select Alpha Quadrant on the main list of transwarp destinations.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    anodynes wrote: »
    The truth is that none of the ones with a circular icon (Beta Quadrant>Drozana and Alpha Quadrant>Bajor and Defera) are supposed to work if you don't have a consumable Transwarp coil as per their descriptions when you hover over them, and the more subtle clue of their different icons on the list. It was a bug that allowed you to use the Drozana one and whichever of the 2 you could use to go to Defera sector in the first place without a coil.

For those experiencing confusion on this, we are not referring to the Defera System transwarp that is unlocked by reaching Tier 1 in Omega reputation, but the one on the list that opens when you select Alpha Quadrant on the main list of transwarp destinations.

Not actually. They tossed out the consumable coils concept sometime back for the most part, largely due to player discontent at having to spend all their time puttering from one end of the map to the other. They didn't change the descriptions. Now instead of consumables that you could never get when you needed them anyway, they give you the cooldown periods. Actually, I can't think of any consumable coils you still need for anything. Once you unlock them, you can usually use them. If they don't work? It's a bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Someone has clearly been studying at the Excelsior class school of Transwarping.

Would rather go to the Scotty School of Transwarping.
    Only, he still hasn't found Porthos (Archer's dog)...

porthos.png
    Post edited by wendysue53 on
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    The more people that throw up their hands at the bugs in this game the less market there is on the exchange for big selling items. Less big selling items getting sold means less return for those who spend a lot and feed Cryptic's wallet. Less people feeding the wallet means eventually no more game.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Bugs are just that: Bugs.
    They can be a symptom of something that 'could' lead to critical game failure, since the actual cause may have nothing to do with what's actually showing up.
    See a bug? Report it in the correct place (which isn't really in this part of the forum, unless you just want other players to know about it). It can be posted to the bug forum, but it's more likely to be dealt with (from here) by sending in a ticket about it.
    Once something is published, be it a new game, an update, or an expansion, etc., then a huge part of the devs time is going to be spent squashing major bugs right after that. Once critical probs that weren't expected are fixed, then they move on back to development. (With a large studio, there's a team that does nothing but kill bugs.)
    Can't add anything new, when you don't know if the current problem is going to get worse by adding more stuff on top of it.

You can probably list a dozen games that didn't fix critical failures when they popped up and they ended up growing. Now those games aren't around any longer...

Has nothing to do with the Development of the game itself, but if you want to play it, it has to be done. :wink:
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Travel to defara sector in alpha quaderent does not work, it was working before that.

never got that problem!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Not actually. They tossed out the consumable coils concept sometime back for the most part, largely due to player discontent at having to spend all their time puttering from one end of the map to the other. They didn't change the descriptions. Now instead of consumables that you could never get when you needed them anyway, they give you the cooldown periods. Actually, I can't think of any consumable coils you still need for anything. Once you unlock them, you can usually use them. If they don't work? It's a bug.

Cite a source, any source. I mean one from a developer about these three destinations which were added at some point last year that they tell Bug Hunters are working as designed have somehow been changed. You can also get consumable coils anywhere now, provided that you have the dilithium for them. They're in the dilithium store.

To clarify: I'm not defending the decision to make them this way. I was actually very annoyed when I read that they were supposed to work like that, but that is how they were designed.
    Post edited by anodynes on
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The Transwarp Coil (Device/Consumable) is no longer in the game. Actually can't find any sources about them, that's how old they were. What there is now can be best said here, but that's from the old Sector Maps. Essentially, the Coil IS that button you click to Transwarp somewhere now. It used to require a consumable per use, but from a quick search on it, that info is no longer available. There also used to be a Console that was called a Transwarp coil, however it's been replaced by a Universal Console called a Transwarp Computer. There have been a lot of skill changes, etc., to the whole Transwarp system as the game evolved as well. Look one thing up and you'll get confused by others with identical names - if you weren't playing the game during that period.

Answered your question. Don't care one way or the other. Others can tell you the same thing. But when it comes to the game, what a source states one day may not match with the game the next. If you've played at all, then you would know this.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Transwarp_Drive_Coil
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/33h2dc/getting_around_in_the_new_sector_space/

You are incorrect. I just told you that they are right there in the dilithium store. Look for yourself. Maybe actually do some research on things before you try to correct others with third party websites that don't even say what you are stating. My source is from December, and matches the actual facts. Yours is from over a year ago, and matches what you think is true because it fails to mention these things that admittedly nobody in their right mind would spend their dilithium or Lobi on. Omission of something somehow negates its existence?
  • Options
    It's still in the store? alright. missed that. Since you were asking for sources, that's what you got. you didn't offer otherwise. I thought they'd yanked those useless thing already. No, I didn't check, since you don't NEED THEM for anything. But as it seems you're just wanting an argument, here's a mirror. Talk to that. What you should have done is show what you were thinking of first. Don't ask for sources when you think of something someone else forgot. K? thx.
  • Options
    The Transwarp Coil (Device/Consumable) is no longer in the game. Actually can't find any sources about them, that's how old they were. What there is now can be best said here, but that's from the old Sector Maps. Essentially, the Coil IS that button you click to Transwarp somewhere now. It used to require a consumable per use, but from a quick search on it, that info is no longer available. There also used to be a Console that was called a Transwarp coil, however it's been replaced by a Universal Console called a Transwarp Computer. There have been a lot of skill changes, etc., to the whole Transwarp system as the game evolved as well. Look one thing up and you'll get confused by others with identical names - if you weren't playing the game during that period.

Answered your question. Don't care one way or the other. Others can tell you the same thing. But when it comes to the game, what a source states one day may not match with the game the next. If you've played at all, then you would know this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/33h2dc/getting_around_in_the_new_sector_space/

You are incorrect. I just told you that they are right there in the dilithium store. Look for yourself. Maybe actually do some research on things before you try to correct others with third party websites that don't even say what you are stating. My source is from December, and matches the actual facts. Yours is from over a year ago, and matches what you think is true because it fails to mention these things that admittedly nobody in their right mind would spend their dilithium or Lobi on. Omission of something somehow negates its existence?

your quote from my (now missing?) post, is itself missing most of the urls I had attached to it. I only see three, when there were about 6. Just saying. and the your post that I replied to only said: "Site a source, any source.", which is what you ended up with.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    A few of the transwarp options are broken. If we are lucky, they might get fixed in a near future patch. Until then, do the best you can with what you have.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017

your quote from my (now missing?) post, is itself missing most of the urls I had attached to it. I only see three, when there were about 6. Just saying. and the your post that I replied to only said: "Site a source, any source.", which is what you ended up with.

I edited in my source afterward. You didn't quote me, so I didn't know that you had replied to the original.I guess that's my fault for adding to it after the fact after realizing that it could be misconstrued. It's weird that your post is now missing, though. Those links in the quote were the only links that it had when I read it.

I'm not actually looking for an argument, I just get a little peeved when someone who obviously doesn't know what they're talking about comes in and goes full-on condescension-mode with nothing to back it up.
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I tried trans warping from Defera to Qo'noS the other day and ended up in the new battle zone. That was a long ride back to the Beta Quadrant.