test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Secondary Shielding

So there have been a few things released today that grant something called "secondary shielding." The two I remember are the starship trait and the console for the romulan lockbox ship. My question is: does shield penetrating damage bypass this "secondary shielding" or does secondary shielding block damage that is being modified by shield penetration boosters like self-modulating fire?
da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv

Comments

• stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Are you referring to the PvE side of the game? In this case there is no point in any kind of shields beside of the Valdore console.
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    So there have been a few things released today that grant something called "secondary shielding." The two I remember are the starship trait and the console for the romulan lockbox ship. My question is: does shield penetrating damage bypass this "secondary shielding" or does secondary shielding block damage that is being modified by shield penetration boosters like self-modulating fire?

I'm pretty sure it does as they're not counted as hull or "secondary armor" or anything like that. I remember it happening on older versions of "secondary shields" unless something has been changed.
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    stee1max wrote: »
    Are you referring to the PvE side of the game? In this case there is no point in any kind of shields beside of the Valdore console.

Even if I was only referring to PvE, that console can only be equipped on romulan ships, right? And even then, only for people who use energy weapons.
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »
    kyle223cat wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it does as they're not counted as hull or "secondary armor" or anything like that. I remember it happening on older versions of "secondary shields" unless something has been changed.

That's what I was thinking as well, thanks for the response.