test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - January 20, 2017

crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.71.20170108a.9

Content:
  • "The Battle of Caleb IV":
    • For the final cutscene in the Battle of Caleb IV, addressed an issue that could cause the player to vanish during the cutscene.

Systems:
  • Powers:
    • Resolved an issue that was causing the Defensive Configuration option on Temporal Starships to list that it applied the "Control Amplification" debuff to yourself if you had purchased the Control Amplification skill.

General:
  • The Tribble Test Vendor has been updated:
    • Lukari Reputation gear is now available, instead of Temporal
    • The "Dilithium, Expertise and Energy Credit Tester Pack" now stacks up to 999 times, can be purchased in bulk up to 100 at a time, and gives more Dilithium and EC
    • The Reputation Testing store now additionally offers Omega Tech Upgrades for sale
    • The Specialization Testing store now additionally has Temporal Operative specialization qualifications
  • While you have no shields equipped, your shield regeneration stat now displays "No Shields"
  • Resolved an issue where your ground shields could be treated as full when empty.
  • Resolved an issue where Carrier pets would get out of range to display in carrier UI.
Post edited by crypticspartan#0627 on

Comments

• thegrumbledukethegrumbleduke Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    In the Lukari Reputation the project "Requisition: Science Kit Module - Piezo-Electric Lattice Mk XII" currently returns the "Piezo-Electric Grenade Mk XII" - which is also listed in the "Rewards" thing. The engineering and tactical kit module projects return the correct items, as do all the other item projects.

Also, the shields look very shiny.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.71.20170108a.9

General:
    • The Tribble Test Vendor has been updated:
      • The "Dilithium, Expertise and Energy Credit Tester Pack" now stacks up to 999 times, can be purchased in bulk up to 100 at a time, and gives more Dilithium and EC
      • The Reputation Testing store now additionally offers Omega Tech Upgrades for sale

HALLELUJAH! Those were two of the hardest parts of Tribble testing. And here I was preparing to make 40 copies of my main to get Omega fragments on Tribble.
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    (Not sure if this is the right place to post feedback)

I finally did some testing of the Lukari Space Set and I have to say that the individual pieces of the set are fine. However, the set bonuses are absolutely awful. The final two set bonuses only improve abilities that were given by individual pieces (the warp core and the shield). When you compare the competing healing set (Kobali) to this one, you kinda cringe when looking back at the Lukari set's bonuses.

First Set Bonus
    Kobali 2 piece: +20%-60% hull regeneration (increases as your hull drops) vs Lukari 2 piece: 10% recharge time reduction to heal boff abilities (this hardly takes any time off of the abilities)

Second Set Bonus
    Kobali 3 piece: When reduced to low hull, gain large amount of temporary hp (a way of preventing sudden deaths) vs Lukari 3 piece: +20 drainx and increases the range of the shield heal passive by 2.5km

Third Set Bonus
    Kobali 4 piece: Converts incoming energy damage into healing for 15 sec (a super powerful ability) vs Lukari 4 piece: reduces the cooldown of the jump ability of the warp core to 2 minutes (for one thing, two other rep warp cores already have similar jump abilities that already have 2 min cooldowns)

I hope I'm not the only one completely underwhelmed by the set bonuses, it really seems like kobali (a mostly free set) is completely superior to this reputation set.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    I hope I'm not the only one completely underwhelmed by the set bonuses, it really seems like kobali (a mostly free set) is completely superior to this reputation set.

It seems like they frontloaded everything into the Weapon Sets (Both Ground and Space) rather than the 4 piece space. Kinda like the 4 piece was an afterthought and just is meant to be background to boost the 3 piece space weapons while not being really all that super on it's own. Dunnoh, but you're right in that the Kobali set will go with the 3 piece weapons more than the Lukari rep.
    icegavel wrote: »
    HALLELUJAH! Those were two of the hardest parts of Tribble testing. And here I was preparing to make 40 copies of my main to get Omega fragments on Tribble.

Be prepared to click hundreds of times to get them. It really needs a slider.
  • preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    THANK YOU !!!
    THANK YOU !!!
    THANK YOU !!!
    THANK YOU !!!
    + The "Dilithium, Expertise and Energy Credit Tester Pack" now stacks up to 999 times, can be purchased in bulk up to 100 at a time,
    ----> and gives more Dilithium and EC
    + The Reputation Testing store now additionally offers Omega Tech Upgrades for sale

that saves so much time
    AWESOME
  • preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    By the way

did you noticed that the "R&D Tab" S*O*R*T Button is back to chaos again
    you realeased a Patch a while ago that created ORDER

Common Materials
    Uncommon Materials
    Rare Materials
    Very Rare Materials
    Ultra Rare Materials

R&D Materials
    Common
    Uncommon
    Rare
    very Rare

Upgrades
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »
    icegavel wrote: »

Be prepared to click hundreds of times to get them. It really needs a slider.

Not much of a problem for me, I'm just happy to be able to grab a max stack and fly off to do testing. Pop open a half dozen at a time to skip timers and the like.
  • thegrumbledukethegrumbleduke Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The Tier 5 mission in the Lukari Reputation is a little broken. The header reads "(PLACEHOLDER) A Message from the Lukari V" and it doesn't clear when the message is read. It registers as complete, but doesn't disappear (it can be dropped). The rewards for completing Tier 5 work fine, just the message-related one that is broken.

Tested on both a Romulan-KDF and Fed character.
    edited January 2017
    (Not sure if this is the right place to post feedback)

I finally did some testing of the Lukari Space Set and I have to say that the individual pieces of the set are fine. However, the set bonuses are absolutely awful. The final two set bonuses only improve abilities that were given by individual pieces (the warp core and the shield). When you compare the competing healing set (Kobali) to this one, you kinda cringe when looking back at the Lukari set's bonuses.

First Set Bonus
    Kobali 2 piece: +20%-60% hull regeneration (increases as your hull drops) vs Lukari 2 piece: 10% recharge time reduction to heal boff abilities (this hardly takes any time off of the abilities)

Second Set Bonus
    Kobali 3 piece: When reduced to low hull, gain large amount of temporary hp (a way of preventing sudden deaths) vs Lukari 3 piece: +20 drainx and increases the range of the shield heal passive by 2.5km

Third Set Bonus
    Kobali 4 piece: Converts incoming energy damage into healing for 15 sec (a super powerful ability) vs Lukari 4 piece: reduces the cooldown of the jump ability of the warp core to 2 minutes (for one thing, two other rep warp cores already have similar jump abilities that already have 2 min cooldowns)

This set is for team healers not for yourself. If you don't want to play as a healer don't use it. Simple as that.

...You didn't really read what I said did you? :/ I play as a healer. I'm not saying I don't like the set because it's for healers, I'm saying I'm unimpressed by it because overall, it's worse than a mission set (Kobali).
    Once again, if you actually read what I originally said, I stated that I have tested the set and that the individual pieces are fine. It's the set bonuses that are underwhelming. That's why I was comparing the set bonuses. Kobali's 4 piece set bonus alone outclasses every set bonus Lukari has in terms of healing output.

As for what you said about some of the individual stats: the Lukari's shield regen effect has a base radius of 2.5 km and a set bonus range of 5 km, it doesn't automatically effect your whole team. In PvP (the only place where a full healer is useful in this game now), you're delusional if you think people on your team are going to sit within 2.5 km or even 5 km for even 6 seconds. I can't even see people doing that in PvE. The warp core's jump ability gives about 10-11k temp hp. Yeah, that's going to be completely mowed down by enemy fire in seconds. Hardly even worth mentioning, in my opinion. Also, I'm not sure what math you're using, but the Lukari's 2 piece bonus is not going to reduce your Hazard Emitters from 45 to 30 seconds. It might reduce it by 2 seconds at best. The kobali set's impulse engine has a 11% cooldown reduction built in (at higher engine power).

To be completely honest, you're arguing with someone who has been playing as a healer in this game for over 5 years now. I have been through countless different sets throughout the years. From the full assimilated set to the elite fleet shield, warp core, and assimilated 2 piece to the dyson set and then to the kobali set. This new Lukari set is a step backwards in terms of set bonuses.

Please don't make me re-explain what I originally said for a third time and try to watch your tone. You're getting a bit nasty and you don't want to get nasty with me and my heals in this game. And remember that this IS a game. :)
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Once again, if you actually read what I originally said, I stated that I have tested the set and that the individual pieces are fine. It's the set bonuses that are underwhelming. That's why I was comparing the set bonuses. Kobali's 4 piece set bonus alone outclasses every set bonus Lukari has in terms of healing output.

As for what you said about some of the individual stats: the Lukari's shield regen effect has a base radius of 2.5 km and a set bonus range of 5 km, it doesn't automatically effect your whole team. In PvP (the only place where a full healer is useful in this game now), you're delusional if you think people on your team are going to sit within 2.5 km or even 5 km for even 6 seconds. I can't even see people doing that in PvE. The warp core's jump ability gives about 10-11k temp hp. Yeah, that's going to be completely mowed down by enemy fire in seconds. Hardly even worth mentioning, in my opinion. Also, I'm not sure what math you're using, but the Lukari's 2 piece bonus is not going to reduce your Hazard Emitters from 45 to 30 seconds. It might reduce it by 2 seconds at best. The kobali set's impulse engine has a 11% cooldown reduction built in (at higher engine power).

To be completely honest, you're arguing with someone who has been playing as a healer in this game for over 5 years now. I have been through countless different sets throughout the years. From the full assimilated set to the elite fleet shield, warp core, and assimilated 2 piece to the dyson set and then to the kobali set. This new Lukari set is a step backwards in terms of set bonuses.

Please don't make me re-explain what I originally said for a third time and try to watch your tone. You're getting a bit nasty and you don't want to get nasty with me and my heals in this game. And remember that this IS a game. :)

Take my advice. Don't get into an argument with @bubbahotep#3025 , we really don't need him starting another crusade about something that isn't true (anyone who was around for the whole Torpedo Speed argument where it took multiple users, including a Dev, and many posts to get him to shut up, will know what I'm talking about).

Also, to me, being able to fire Hazard Emitters faster is more effective for staying alive than a small boost to it's effectiveness. Because seriously, which is better (especially for a team healer)? One super-heal on one person, or loads of little heals that keep the whole team alive. I would say the lots of little heals is better for teams, while the stronger heals are best for Tank/Medic pairs.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Lukari Reputation ground weapon melee attack doesnt work or do anything ie rifle butt or hand punch or whatever it would be. A cool suggestion would be a stab effect with the prones from the weapons and have it give a stun effect.
    That's because the ground weapon has no melee attack button. It's replaced by a button switching from damage to heal mode and vice-versa.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    @bubbahotep#3025 You wished for evidence. Here is some. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1225079/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-november-18-2016/p1 Bottom of Page 1, and also Page 2. You can also find the same comment in the November 9th notes.

You can also find the most important evidence here http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1226190/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-december-13-2016 in which @bubbahotep#3025 is still complaining, despite being told by the Dev in the November 18th patch notes. The December 13 posts also have the time your post was deleted for breaking Forum rules.

However, I will give you one point for using an insult from Red Dwarf.

P.S. This is why I like places where you can't delete your posts, it leaves a record of what transpires. Not the best as it can be edited (although the quote system will keep evidence of the original).
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.