test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 TEMPORAL LIGHT CRUISER (CONSTITUTION CLASS)

Been looking for this ship and wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase this. I know this comes from the R&D Promotion, but all I keep getting is Lobi. Anyone know who is selling one or who I can get a hold of (Channel in Chat). Any help would be appreciated.
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Join the "NoP Public Service" Channel in game and within NoP ask for an invite to "TheTradingChannel." Once in there, you can post your offering price to buy a TOS Promo Ship. Good luck.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Current pricing is between 1.2 - 1.4 billon EC, done with some combo of ECs and/or items.

You will find them in any of the trade channels, and sometimes various zone chats.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Thanks guys for the info. I got into the channel with no problems. See you guys in game.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Get ready to get your in game bank robbed if you plan to get one. >_>;;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User

How so?
    /channel_join grind

How so?

When the scalpers are selling you something twice the exchange cap, that's robbery to me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

Especially whenever T7 comes. Then that billion+ EC ship will just be collecting dust in dry dock. :/
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

Especially whenever T7 comes. Then that billion+ EC ship will just be collecting dust in dry dock. :/

I dunno about that now. T5U ships are competitive enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User

How so?

When the scalpers are selling you something twice the exchange cap, that's robbery to me.

You realize "scalpers" are folks who try to sell things above the cost to produce them, right?

The current market price of a T6 Connie is considerably lower than the average cost to intentionally mass produce them.

Your comparison of these two things is dubious.
    /channel_join grind
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2017

How so?

This has been explained to you over and over, but one more try:

R&D packs cost 250 zen. On average you must open 100 packs to get the ship. 250 x 100 = 25,000 zen. That is the cost that those "scalpers" pay. If Cryptic has an R&D sale during the promo (they did not this time) then they can lower the cost to "only" 20,000 zen.

Or buy them on the exchange, for 16 - 25 million EC per promotion box. 16m x 100 = 1.6 billion EC.

Also, they give you a 100% chance of getting the ship. That only works when you open much much more than 100 packs.

If you are about to open only 100 packs there is a 0.99 ^ 100 = 36% chance that you will get NO SHIP. It only works out for them because they open huge numbers of packs so that the average or expected return becomes real.

In short, you are still wrong.

• bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    Besides Davefen's clear explanation above, it seems to me that if a person can sell an item which people are willing to pay the price for, good for them. In this instance, they have a highly sought item that they make possible for others to aquire.

Now I know 1.0+ Billion EC is incredibly expensive for most (myself included), but if you want something bad enough you'll
    figure out a way. Its a good, healthy way to aquire the things you want.

BCW :)
    edited January 2017
    [Post breaking Forum rules removed]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    [Reaction to a moderated post removed]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    No one can be surprised a Star Trek fan is offended by the very concept of money instead of all desirable goods just being blurped out of a replicator at will ;). The fantasy is very immersive for some, I guess.

Never mind those comic book folk she speaks so highly of spent real money (in most cases) to put those ships into the game at all, and that prices are dictated by the poor "robbed" BUYERS. Who clearly have the billion+ Ec mudcoin to offer... or sales wouldn't be taking place.
  • bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    Smoke, your take on the issue is as valid as anyone else. However, if a person wants something, and their willing to do what is required at the time to aquire it, let them follow THEIR desires. :)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    On the plus side, you'll now have plenty of Keys to buy yourself a few other lockbox or Lobi items on the Exchange.

Of course, it is a hollow triumph, because it can't buy you the thing you really want.

Love.

By which I mean Tier 6 Nova.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    nikeix wrote: »
    No one can be surprised a Star Trek fan is offended by the very concept of money instead of all desirable goods just being blurped out of a replicator at will ;). The fantasy is very immersive for some, I guess.

Never mind those comic book folk she speaks so highly of spent real money (in most cases) to put those ships into the game at all, and that prices are dictated by the poor "robbed" BUYERS. Who clearly have the billion+ Ec mudcoin to offer... or sales wouldn't be taking place.

But you see...according to her, these comic book guys just buy amongst themselves and just churn the market with none of them actually using the ship. Now I can't really argue that fact very much because it's such an ugly ship that I rarely see them at all...but hey if they wanna play hot potatoe with the ugly thing, let em...because it's only a matter of time before they get stuck with these monstrosities and fans who may want them can get them for the price they want if what she is saying is true. She's wrong of course...but hey, logic and facts are meaningless compared to how she feels (although one should not ignore how people feels when it comes to markets...real or otherwise).

She is just attacking those who have them just to feed her desire for one, just like how a teenage boy will be mean to a girl he likes. Her opinion on this matter is a common in F2Pers, they want everything for free or super cheap.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    reyan01 wrote: »
    On the plus side, you'll now have plenty of Keys to buy yourself a few other lockbox or Lobi items on the Exchange.

Of course, it is a hollow triumph, because it can't buy you the thing you really want.

Love.

By which I mean Tier 6 Nova.

That's very true. May not have the T6 Constitution, but I do have a healthy sockpile of keys to use as you describe, so it isn't all bad.

Yeah - have been trying to tone down my Nova fanboy posts, especially since there is absolutely nothing to suggest that it's even on the drawing board. But sufficed to say, if/when the day comes when a Nova class Dev blog appears I'll make no apologies for 'loudly' expressing my delight here. ;)

I would be happy, too. It's such a nice looking ship.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Yeah - have been trying to tone down my Nova fanboy posts

I wouldn't if I were you. Keep rallying support behind your cause, it's a great ship that needs a T6 version.

especially since there is absolutely nothing to suggest that it's even on the drawing board.

I would have to think it is.

Why?

Simply put, the bulk of the money this game makes is from selling ships. They're almost completely out of Canon Federation Ships to make at this point. I mean really.. what is left that we don't have?

I think the only real question is.. will they give it the stats/features you're hoping for? Other then that, I really believe it's more 'when' then 'if.'

Insert witty signature line here.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User

R&D packs cost 250 zen. On average you must open 100 packs to get the ship. 250 x 100 = 25,000 zen. That is the cost that those "scalpers" pay. If Cryptic has an R&D sale during the promo (they did not this time) then they can lower the cost to "only" 20,000 zen.

Except you're ignoring the value of everything else in the R&D pack in your math- which ends up being free and clear profit for the professional box openers.

In fact given that the R&D boxes are priced at 250 just for those materials most of the year, one could view their income for the ship itself as what it is- 'a free promotion'- so it's all pure profit for them and their break even comes from the mats.

Beyond that- I still wonder who's buying these ships. I don't see many of them in the game even after two promotion runs, which makes me think that the only buyers are 'investors' who think the price will go up. Nor do I see them even being offered in public chat as much as they were during the first promotion. The main use of the promo ships now seems to be as credit storage to get around the cap.

Except you're ignoring the value of everything else in the R&D pack in your math- which ends up being free and clear profit for the professional box openers.

In fact given that the R&D boxes are priced at 250 just for those materials most of the year, one could view their income for the ship itself as what it is- 'a free promotion'- so it's all pure profit for them and their break even comes from the mats.

Beyond that- I still wonder who's buying these ships. I don't see many of them in the game even after two promotion runs, which makes me think that the only buyers are 'investors' who think the price will go up. Nor do I see them even being offered in public chat as much as they were during the first promotion. The main use of the promo ships now seems to be as credit storage to get around the cap.

Exactly. The items from materials from the R&D box is like the prize in the bottom of a cereal or cracker jack box...you came out even from that...the ship is pure, 100% profit....way more than 100%. It's like the old Hollywood Squares from the late 1980's, where you win the game, getting the matching key for the car you wanna try for is pure luck. No is buying them because the average player does not have the EC to meet the crazy prices, and the folks with 'em, they are buying between each other, and each time the packs trade hands, the owners jack the prices to cover their purchase, and now it's all messed up like some sort of Wall Street wannabe, or gold trade....or those day traders. Those who I know who got them 95% of the time got 'em due to friends in game getting a few and either offered them for a much more reasonable price, or just gave them to them. I seen quite a few the past few weeks, especially in the Excalibur skin. I got mine in the TOS/Exeter mix.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User

You might be seeing more than you think. It can use any Connie variant pieces in any combination that I have seen. So some Exeters etc may well be the T6 ship. Also the prize came with a strong mix of other ships you could claim. So number of Connies will be diluted by fans of the newer seasons buying the selection and grabbing an Annorax etc.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

Exactly. The items from materials from the R&D box is like the prize in the bottom of a cereal or cracker jack box...you came out even from that...the ship is pure, 100% profit....way more than 100%. It's like the old Hollywood Squares from the late 1980's, where you win the game, getting the matching key for the car you wanna try for is pure luck. No is buying them because the average player does not have the EC to meet the crazy prices, and the folks with 'em, they are buying between each other, and each time the packs trade hands, the owners jack the prices to cover their purchase, and now it's all messed up like some sort of Wall Street wannabe, or gold trade....or those day traders. Those who I know who got them 95% of the time got 'em due to friends in game getting a few and either offered them for a much more reasonable price, or just gave them to them. I seen quite a few the past few weeks, especially in the Excalibur skin. I got mine in the TOS/Exeter mix.

Still not correct.

The fact that boxes are priced at 250 in the zen store even without ships does not mean that the ship sellers have any use for 1,000 "plain" R&D packs, or that they can sell them for a good price in the exchange.

With Admiralty the supply of R&D mats has grown much larger, and those who do not craft dump them on the exchange.

Also, you're ignoring the work needed to sell 1,000 boxes. Yes, the sellers do make a profit but they work for it and calling them scalpers or gougers or whatever ignores the work, risk and large up-front costs that they pay to get space rich.

Question: "Geez, Bill Gates has so much money! What did HE do to deserve it?" Answer: A lot, over decades.
    I would definitely argue that non-promoboxes are too expensive in the C-Store.