test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[SERIES] Let's Play Star Trek Online - Winters Fed Walkthrough - Ep 76 - Ep80

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals!

Welcome to Episodes 76-80 of Let's Play Star Trek Online - Winters Fed Walkthrough.

This series is a complete walkthrough of every aspect of the game - Story Missions, Reputations, DOFFing, Admiralty, BOFFS, Research and Development, Fleets, Crafting and End-Game Content etc. Every player, new and veteran, will find them a valuable source of information, tips and tricks. You may even learn something new! This could be anything from an accolade to a system that you didn’t fully understand or helpful hints on earning in game currencies like Energy Credits or Dilithium.

There will be a brand new episode released every Monday through Friday.

In Todays Episodes:
In this episode we are introduced to a number of systems that are in the game that we haven't talked about up to this point. We start off at Drozona Station where we pick up a new "Chance Box" that was added to the game. This new box is called the Phoenix Box or Prize Pack. This box contains a huge number of items that were retired from the game after a limited time event. We are show how this box works and some good things to go for. After we are finished with that we make our way back to ESD and we are shown that Q is now on ESD for the "Winter Event". We then talk to Q and he transports us to "Q's Winter Wonderland". When we arrive we are show how to unlock the "Winter Event Store" and we are briefly shown a list of items that are available from the Winter Store. Once we are finished with that we are then shown how to complete the mission "The Fastest Game on Ice" which is needed to complete the "Winter Project". After we are done with that we are then taken on a little tour of Q's Winter Wonderland.

In this episode we are finally introduced to the Fleet System. Fleets are a large group of players that are part of a guild. This is really is a major system in the game and we are given a very detailed explanation of the entire system.

In this episode we are going to tie up a few loose ends and talk about a few things that I forgot about the first time around. One of the first things that we talk about is the Armada System and that you can earn Fleet Credits by contributing to other fleets in our Armada. From there we talk about how to join any of the Priority One Fleets by going to "www.priorityonearmada.com". After that we are then shown that we have now picked up a Plasmonic Leech Console from the exchange. We briefly talk about what the console does and other things that can effect it. Once we have done that we then move on to our Spec Tree and spend another 5 points in the Pilot tree. After that we then unpack some Doffs that we had in the Bank and then we get our very first T6 ship which we got from the Winter Event.

In this episode we play the story mission "Cold Call". This is the first mission in the "Breen Invasion" story arc. This is a pretty simple mission with just one ground combat part and one space combat part.

In this episode we play the story mission "Out in the Cold". This is a pretty short mission just taking a little under 15 minutes to complete. The mission is split into two different parts or locations but they are pretty close to each other.

Do you have any questions or comments on this episode? Please feel free to leave them below or reply in the comments section on YouTube.

Subscribe to channel: Winters Gaming
Twitter: @P1Winters83
Twitch Channel: Winters1983
Armada Website: www.priorityonearmada.com​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    Interesting idea for a series, kinda what I would think to do if I had a channel and knew the tools to capture and edit video. I often end up, in my fleet, answering a lot of questions on mechanics and builds, so that's where I'd dive right in. Kudos on filling the niche for a series.
  • Options
    Hey Tobiashirt, thanks for posting. That is exactly why I decided to start making this series. I often get members in my Armada asking questions on all sorts of things so I decided to do a Lets Play from a Veteran player explaining all the systems and showing tips and tricks for the game as we go along. Thanks again for posting! :smile:​​
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    It reminded me of my first days, and I'd make a guess we entered the game at roughly the same time. I remember still being in the leveling process when I got to fly the free Oddy for the second anniversary mission and being amazed how much better the firepower was than what I had. True to the assertion, I did learn a few things as well, like the 50% vendor and several accolades...I've spent so long mainlining an Engi and trying to max them out that I miss those details.
  • Options
    ketwolski#6374 ketwolski Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I make the occasional lets play on my channel but dont spend too much time really 'explaining' stuff to the viewers. I subbed you and tweeted your latest vid out :)

Be sure to check out Teacher Kirby and STOUnrefined for ideas on future vids!
  • Options
    I make the occasional lets play on my channel but dont spend too much time really 'explaining' stuff to the viewers. I subbed you and tweeted your latest vid out :)

Be sure to check out Teacher Kirby and STOUnrefined for ideas on future vids!

Hey Ketwolshi,

Thanks a million for checking out the series, subbing to my channel and tweeting out my last video! As I'm sure you know the more interaction I can get on the channel and with videos will really help the series get noticed. If you have any feedback I'd be happy to hear it. Thanks again!

-Winters​​