test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem with cannons, they got cut, like reflecting on my own shield

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
I have a question, i think its a bug, but i want to know if anyone else is having this issue first, before reporting:

When i fire my dual heavy cannons, the bolts are not getting to the target, they get cutted, like reflecting inside my own shields, they dont register as hits. Happens mostly with CRF, but normal firing is affected too, i changed ships, disabled traits, changed cannons, but the problem persists, is there anybody having this issue?
The forces of darkness are upon us!

Comments

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I have a question, i think its a bug, but i want to know if anyone else is having this issue first, before reporting:

When i fire my dual heavy cannons, the bolts are not getting to the target, they get cutted, like reflecting inside my own shields, they dont register as hits. Happens mostly with CRF, but normal firing is affected too, i changed ships, disabled traits, changed cannons, but the problem persists, is there anybody having this issue?

I just tested with AP DHC's and CRF II. They seem to be working fine. No sign of the problem you describe.

• Options

I just tested with AP DHC's and CRF II. They seem to be working fine. No sign of the problem you describe.
    Thanks!, i have chars that have no problem, on the same account, but on two of them, just those two, any cannon, in a while starts with the same problem!, so i need to know if anyone else are having this issue..
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User

Thanks!, i have chars that have no problem, on the same account, but on two of them, just those two, any cannon, in a while starts with the same problem!, so i need to know if anyone else are having this issue..

What platform are you running? What gear are you using, both on the characters that have this problem, and those that don't? What about Traits? When you say they don't register as hits, are you parsing?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »

What platform are you running? What gear are you using, both on the characters that have this problem, and those that don't? What about Traits? When you say they don't register as hits, are you parsing?

Thanks, i'll list it: PC, no gear at all just cannons (removed everything to be sure), no traits enabled, and, no, no parsing, just the floaters and testing with a friend, no shields, (and also shields, to see if there is a difference).

I'll try to post some videos, but i'm at work at the moment.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Pic, or it didn't happen. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Which types of characters? Faction and species, I mean. Also, which cannons you use for the test could be useful (like completely random cannons, or all Elite Fleet, phasers, AP, etc.).

I know some cannons have graphical issues, like the Vaadwaur polaron and Herald AP that appear to be cast randomly from the screen when using CSV, but that doesn't seem to be related.

No problem for me either on my D4x, Vengeance and Laeosa.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    I have the same issue, at least I think so. I'm on PC.

I'm using these:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Thoron_Infused_Polaron_Dual_Heavy_Cannons
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Thoron_Infused_Polaron_Turret

When I fire, the bolts start flying, disappear right at the edge of my shields, and then become visible again right before the target, but they DO register as hits, but it goes without saying it looks stupid and kind of turns me off cannons altogether. This bug happens in all firing modes on both weapons.

At first I thought it was SFX overload (noticed it during the Crystalline Entity event at first which is nuts visually) but it happens everywhere else I use them.

Character in my case is an Alien Science Starfleet character, flying the new T6 Chel Boalg Breen ship, with all Breen consoles equipped.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    At first I thought it was SFX overload (noticed it during the Crystalline Entity event at first which is nuts visually)

All gods witness, this is true! The effects are blinding.
    Character in my case is an Alien Science Starfleet character, flying the new T6 Chel Boalg Breen ship, with all Breen consoles equipped.

ALL Breen consoles? There are like 5 or 6...

• Options
    edited January 2017
    One is a Klingon, the other is a Gorn, disruptors (normal ones) and refracting Tetryons, only on those two chars, and also changed the tipe of weapon, same problem, only with cannons, as i said, i'll try to post a video tomorrow, i'm working on a minning Company, so i get to the city tomorrow, and thanks all for your help :smile: , i see others with the same problem.
  • Options
    One is a Klingon, the other is a Gorn, disruptors (normal ones) and refracting Tetryons, only on those two chars, and also changed the tipe of weapon, same problem, only with cannons, as i said, i'll try to post a video tomorrow, i'm working on a minning Company, so i get to the city tomorrow, and thanks all for your help :smile: , i see others with the same problem.

A mining company? You're not by chance in the Southern Cone, are you?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

A mining company? You're not by chance in the Southern Cone, are you?

South America, in Chile
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User

I'm using these:

When I fire, the bolts start flying, disappear right at the edge of my shields, and then become visible again right before the target, but they DO register as hits, but it goes without saying it looks stupid and kind of turns me off cannons altogether. This bug happens in all firing modes on both weapons.

At first I thought it was SFX overload (noticed it during the Crystalline Entity event at first which is nuts visually) but it happens everywhere else I use them.

I've been experiencing this bug for a couple of months now. It has nothing to do with what type of ship you have, what toon, what traits, what consoles, what abilities, etc. It is a graphics bug. When my cannons fire, the visuals do not show them connecting to the target. The visuals cut far short of the target. Before, they went all the way to the target so there's a problem with the effects.
  • Options

I'm using these:

I've been experiencing this bug for a couple of months now. It has nothing to do with what type of ship you have, what toon, what traits, what consoles, what abilities, etc. It is a graphics bug. When my cannons fire, the visuals do not show them connecting to the target. The visuals cut far short of the target. Before, they went all the way to the target so there's a problem with the effects.

Yeah, but i test it on AMD and Nvidia cards, and same problem, and only on those two chars, thats why its so odd :wink:
  • Options
    yes they are broken for me as well since at least the past week. Using the Resonant Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons. I notice the visuals disappear when I press the space bar on my keyboard

Thanks, so its affecting some people, i'll try to get a video today (i hope), so more people can check if they have this issue too..