test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NEW MISSIONS IDEA and some other JJ verse related content

1. Is it possible to make Kelvin Timeline missions? I mean like play the Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and Star Trek Beyond storylines laid out in STO mission format? Maybe some extra missions in between?

2. How much sense does it make to have KELVIN Timeline ships but not have the KELVIN as an available ship? Come on guys...

3. I also request some variations for the Kelvin Timeline Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser...aka JJ Enterprise...firstly...I would like to report an error with the design...there is a serious overlook in the design...the neck is way too thin for this enterprise...this neck is more suited for the Star Trek Beyond Enterprise before the attack...if you observe in the first 2 movies...the neck is almost TWICE the thickness of the neck of the JJ Prise you have here...Also I request that the variations throughout the three movies be available customizations for the Kelvin Connie...such as swept back but still thick [link removed] seen at the end of Star Trek Into Darkness...Thinner nacelles like the way they were depicted in Star Trek Beyond...different impulse engine design as seen at the end Star Trek Into Darkness and before the Enterprise was destroyed in Star Trek Beyond...and if possible, the new Enterprise-A as seen at the end of Star Trek Beyond...and any other variations I may have missed...please consider it pllleeeeeeaaaassssssseeeee...get back to me if you have questions about what Im talking about

Answers

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    1) This game is set in and about the Prime Star Trek Timeline not the Kelvin Timeline. It was nice that Cryptic included a mission involving the KT and they finally brought in the KT Constitution and Vengeance, but it wasn't necessary to the game's overall storyline. That being said, the Foundry is over there ----->

2) See above.

3) And again.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    When Terminal Expanse & the Kelvin Lockbox came in the devs stated that Beyond is not covered under the current deal between Cryptic, CBS, & Paramount. As for replaying the movies, meh, the foundry is over there, I'd prefer if we do get more KT material that it's original stories.
    Is there a source for that? I thought they said, back when Beyond was revealed, that they'd love to incorporate Beyond stuff but they knew as much as everyone except Paramount knew (meaning only what the trailers showed).
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    When Terminal Expanse & the Kelvin Lockbox came in the devs stated that Beyond is not covered under the current deal between Cryptic, CBS, & Paramount. As for replaying the movies, meh, the foundry is over there, I'd prefer if we do get more KT material that it's original stories.
    Is there a source for that? I thought they said, back when Beyond was revealed, that they'd love to incorporate Beyond stuff but they knew as much as everyone except Paramount knew (meaning only what the trailers showed).

When they first revealed 0718, I believe it was stated by Gecko that they had the rights to do everything but Star Trek Beyond (since at the time Beyond was not even released yet). If Paramount says they can use stuff from beyond such as the Kelvin Enterprise-A & the ship class the Franklin is based on, then we could see those in the game. We just have to wat to see.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    1. The problem is that STO has to be extremely careful or it is dictating what happens in the Kelvin Universe. The Terminal Expanse mission doesn't affect it too much, but it is dictating that the Sphere Builders tried to invade the Kelvin Universe and there are T'laru Intel Carrier Warbirds flying around in the Kelvin Universe. There is the possibility that the Kelvin Universe and Kelvin-STO Universe are two different universe and Cryptic can do whatever they want in the Kelvin-STO Universe, but that requires confirmation by CBS and Paramount.

2. Is the Kelvin a Prime Universe or Kelvin Universe ship? Most 22nd and 23rd Century ships are in the C-Store, then that question needs to be answered to determine if the Kelvin belongs in the C-Store or Lockbox.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    STO doesn't dictate anything to anyone except us playing it while we're playing it.
  • Options
    interstellar#8232 interstellar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    What i meant by the third point was the physical design of the ship...the neck is too thin when looking at it from the front...it should be thicker as it is in the movie...the thickness it is now is comparable to the thickness of the neck of the enterprise in Star Trek prior to the Krall attack...but the enterprise in the game is the enterprise from 2009 Star Trek to Star Trek Into Darkness (not including the ending scene)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    mtMWouv.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.