test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can they move maintenance?

Can they move maintenance to a Tuesday or Wednesday? People call off work the most on everyday of the week but a Tuesday or Wednesday. And of all the days in the week, Tuesday or Wednesday have the fewest people off. It would make a ton of sense to move maintenance to one of those days. Thursdays maintenance just doesn't make marketing sense. Their losing a lot of playtime.

Comments

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    Can they move maintenance to a Tuesday or Wednesday? People call off work the most on everyday of the week but a Tuesday or Wednesday. And of all the days in the week, Tuesday or Wednesday have the fewest people off. It would make a ton of sense to move maintenance to one of those days. Thursdays maintenance just doesn't make marketing sense. Their losing a lot of playtime.

they will never change maintenance day as they specifically chose Thursday just to wind you up.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I've never heard that approach. Where does that statistic come from?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    its not like it takes the whole day...well at least the normal ones don't
    go play Overwatch for a few hours. D.Va misses you
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    why complain? afterwards the game usually runs better for a good 5 minutes. :wink:
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    why complain? afterwards the game usually runs better for a good 5 minutes. :wink:

That's because not everyone has logged back in yet.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

That's because not everyone has logged back in yet.

That's because *no one* has logged back in yet. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User

should I break out the Bees, @saurializard?
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User

should I break out the Bees, @saurializard?
    *deep voice* "Cut its throat".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I for one really don't care when maintenance is. For one thing, no matter whatever time of whatever day it's done, someone's going to be "inconvenienced."

I just think of the fact that it could be worse. The first MMO I played was Ultima Online where maintenance was done every morning, and the amount of time the servers were down depended on whether or not there was any patching and how big the patching was. There was also a problem in the early days where it would take them hours to save a "snapshot" of the game so it was typical that any game play you did from about midnight until the servers were shut down wasn't saved. I seem to remember they improved the system so only an hour was lost, but it was inconvenient at times.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    I think the best possible time to have maintenance would be whenever it's lunchtime in North Korea.

Since the cumulative time for all maintenance is 6.5 days, they should just do it all the first week in January and be done with it for the year. (This is variation on Wright's Theory on dog-walking.)
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    OP, regardless of when they conduct maintenance, someone is going to get screwed over. That's one of the disadvantages to a single, global server.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Stop calling in sick to work to play games! Sheesh :#