test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People making fleets for personal use should not be allowed .

In my opinion , I think people who make fleets for their " personal use for bank " should not even be allowed at all in the game . They are bring selfish and taking the short cut on not buying the account bank slots in the Zen store ( which is not that much at all ) .

There should be a rule in the Terms about making fleets for personal use and prohibit that .

Comments

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    What brought you to this conclusion?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Indeed. I am as curious as cidjack about this. How does someone else spending gobs of their own money affect you? Because for them to create a Fleet and sustain it, they are going to have to spend RL currency.

tl:dr version for the attention span - impaired: Why you mad, bro?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    and what would your suggestion be to those that bought the max amount of bank ,inv. and acc. bank slots and still need space ?!
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    OP,

I am still interested in hearing the rest of the story behind this thread.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Some people may create a fleet if they can get 4 other players to be on a team with them who are not in a fleet at the time when they go to create one... but even if the 4 other players then leave the new fleet the person who remains might gain a much larger bank for personal use but they won't be able to acquire any fleet consoles, weapons or gear if they don't grow the fleet with the help & support of others...

So to me it would seem the downside is greater than the upside for creating a fleet just to gain bank slots...
    0zxlclk.png
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Some people may create a fleet if they can get 4 other players to be on a team with them who are not in a fleet at the time when they go to create one... but even if the 4 other players then leave the new fleet the person who remains might gain a much larger bank for personal use but they won't be able to acquire any fleet consoles, weapons or gear if they don't grow the fleet with the help & support of others...

So to me it would seem the downside is greater than the upside for creating a fleet just to gain bank slots...

Actually early on we had overflow issues in our Fleet banks after maxing them out. so I created (with some of my allies from the main fleet) as an auxiliary fleet to handle any overflow including alts that people might want to rotate in an out of the main. It currently has one member to be book keeper, and is mostly just a sink for donations that won't fit into the main fleets project at the time. Thank the devs for the Armada system! :)

Even still it looks like, and is in existent fact, a solo fleet at this time. So the OP would like to see a mechanic imposed on those of us who wanted the auxiliary in the first place, that would take our support Fleet away, just because it has a single toon?

This is a case where I feel justified in saying to the OP, "mind your own business."

Unless solo fleets are somehow ruining the game for someone on more than an aesthetic level this complaint is ... well, pointless.

Qapla'!
    Hey I never said anything against anyone who wants to create a fleet...

I just said if your doing it solely to earn extra bank slots just for yourself you're likely to loose out more than gain not that I care if people choose to do that...
    0zxlclk.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I created my 'Personal Fleet' (with the help of four friends) the first week Fleets were made available about six years ago, with all nine of my current Fed. toons as active members.

And this was long before any of the current Fleet functions were even thought of or added to the game.

I've also bought the Maximum number of Bank/Inventory slots for all of my toons except my current AoY one.
    (including my Klingon toon who isn't even in a Fleet)

SO..., your reasoning for denying anybody a Fleet is nonsense, since you don't know the circumstances behind each and every STO player's thoughts or actions on this matter.

Why don't you get off that "High Horse" you rode in on..., and shove it where all the stars in the game, don't shine.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Dave calm down, I think other than a few people... most have no objection to people being in their own fleet, and if you can at least get in an armada. Then you can still find reasonable opportunity to earn fleet mark's, or get invited to others fleet holdings to buy things. :)
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »
    Hey I never said anything against anyone who wants to create a fleet...

I just said if your doing it solely to earn extra bank slots just for yourself you're likely to loose out more than gain not that I care if people choose to do that...

OH, yeah, sorry, I could have done that post better. :)

I meant that you are right basically, It is a lot of extra trouble for just a vanity item, It should be useful to justify the effort to even get five people together.

We are cool my friend! :)

Qapla'!
  • deathbykarmadeathbykarma Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I have 2 personal fleets for bank space.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I think some people should just mind their own business and keep thier nose out of things that have absolutely NO effect on them personally.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • alien2#4861 alien2 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Hmmm... very curious, not sure how this has a negative impact in any way... care to elaborate a touch?
    "Just give me a star and a tall ship to steer her into"

18bdfa7d-3e57-4860-be2e-f296991fbcf0_zpsp9nw5v48.png
    Stop by the 5th Fleet website for info and recruitment;
    http://5thfleetsto.enjin.com/
    Join the 5th Fleet Discord for fun, drinks and Tongo! https://discord.gg/ZR6QwnZ
    I will allow just one possible negative impact, and only just the one.

The more people in vanity Fleets, the fewer who are available to join a larger fleet and work together.

I don't care myself. IMHO the solo fleets are still good for Armadas to donate to, help players learn about Fleet mechanics where it only harms themselves if they make a big mistake, and then if they want to be more active, they may start recruiting for themselves.

Anyway, yeah, this isn't really even a topic imho and it should just fade away gently ....... ;)

Qapla'!
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I can only imagine the sheer amount of hard work soloing a fleet might be; sheesh. But then who cares if that is what someone chooses to do? Fleets in this game have proven to be a mixed blessing for me. As a console player I've yet to be a part of one that has unlocked the one function that I desire most of all, the tailor, for roleplaying purposes if nothing else once certain costume options become available.

I've had to leave fleets where no matter how much you contributed the rules kept changing and it became clear that the leaders were favoring themselves and their closest buddies to the exclusion of everyone else. I have a fleet admiral who a couple of months in is still the bottom grunt level in one fleet despite active daily contributions that I've lost count of? I've left a couple that just seemed to be about spinning the wheel too.

The admiralty system, duty officer hauls, dilithium and energy credits I don't mind poneying up to fleet holdings daily. I also don't mind contributing stuff to the fleet bank, but thus far doing so seems utterly pointless to me.

On a different note, this weekend I was running my latest character [a Romulan] and getting slammed by the Elachi content something fierce. No matter how many pleas in chat on local or zone for aid, and also emails to a half dozen different fleets requesting membership went unheeded. I felt like I must have been the only one in that whole universe for the better part of 48 hours? I got through and completed Vengeance, but damn - just saying.
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Ok, let's assume we have things the OP's way; you know how easy it would be to work around any system preventing people from having solo fleets? Sure, you can start killing off the other really small fleets too, but in the end, you're only going to make people really mad, and there's just no sense behind that, at least as far as I'm aware.

Also, if all you other guys actually need to have all the buyable slots plus a fleet bank to yourself, you must have a lot of stuff. What gives?​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • someperson22someperson22 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    In my opinion , I think people who make fleets for their " personal use for bank " should not even be allowed at all in the game . They are bring selfish and taking the short cut on not buying the account bank slots in the Zen store ( which is not that much at all ) .

There should be a rule in the Terms about making fleets for personal use and prohibit that .

Now you say that that's a pretty good idea I think I'm going to do that until I get more members