test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are we defending the Gingerbread Village???

fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
It is quite clear when they say they have set up a village ON THE SNOWMEN'S PROPERTY that we have a serious issue here. While we cannot apply the Prime Directive, since Gingerbreads are not members of the Federation, they have clearly aggressed against the Snowmen's property by building on it without their permission.

Then the Gingerbreads have the gall to ask us to help them by murdering the Snowmen.

The real villains are the Gingerbreads. Please give us an opportunity to eradicate this menace.
One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!

Comments

• drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The entire Winter Wonderland comes under attack by the snowman (Yippie! It's back after today's patch) since day 1 of the event.

Thus a state of war exists between the Winter Wonderland and the snowman. The Gingerbread village is just a natural and reasonable attempt to take resources (i.e. property) away from the enemy and use it for ourselves.

[Unnecessary jab modded out]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    fluffymoof wrote: »
    It is quite clear when they say they have set up a village ON THE SNOWMEN'S PROPERTY that we have a serious issue here. While we cannot apply the Prime Directive, since Gingerbreads are not members of the Federation, they have clearly aggressed against the Snowmen's property by building on it without their permission.

Then the Gingerbreads have the gall to ask us to help them by murdering the Snowmen.

The real villains are the Gingerbreads. Please give us an opportunity to eradicate this menace.

Here is the thing though ... according to the Snowmen, the entire universe IS THEIR PROPERTY!!!

Not even the Gorn have the fever as badly when compared to these vermin! ;)

It's an ancient and insidious case of aggressive fanaticism combined with the fact that all Snowmen are actually engineered for the purpose of taking over lawns, parks, and winter carnival parades! They can't help being what their creators have made them become, and now every year they invade! Only three things can stop them when the arise. Lots of heat, our own brave efforts each season, and of course, Chuck Norris!

The secret of their spawning is even worse. They possess the imagination of their future victims, and excite them into manipulating the local elements to craft the Snowmen legions seen everywhere there is an appropriate environment. Sometimes the victim can't stop after making the first one, and just keep making more. It is like a disease or infestation. After a single snowy night, whole communities are overrun.

Rumor has it the only one who has any resistance to this affliction in it's early stages is the aforementioned Chuck Norris, who it is said is capable of using the natural energy of Texas itself to destroy most Snowmen as they attempt to approach!

If you don't believe that the Snowmen are the enemies of all of us, then I challenge you to try to negotiate with them! No matter how peaceful your activities were to date, you can't get the Snowmen to stop their invasions, or even to respond to any language at all except brute force. This is the sad reality.

Now for the sad plight of the Gingerbread people ... they can't help where the oven of destiny placed them either! they are also an engineered species, designed to be sweet and appealing, and ... well in any case they are in constant danger from all sorts of natural enemies. It seems that they are created bu a similar possession of imagination that takes over the futute victims of the Snowmen, with the exception that the Gingerbread people are made with the intention that they will be destroyed by someone! The Gingerbreads are only here to serve and then perish violently tin the jaws of some life form.

The courtesy we show them is all the generosity and support they are likely to ever know! We are only trying to allow them a little undisturbed time to have a life apart from that of their awful destiny. we should never casually turn away any call for help. Especially from beings capable of compassion, reason, and industry who are only defending themselves from our own common enemy!

As a Klingon, I ask you this: Isn't the invasion of the Snowmen a great excuse to go marauding inside federation boundaries again? The answer is of course, yes! Yes it is! Lets destroy this horde before they spread to the empire! You, me, Chuck Norris ... the Universe is depending on us! Let us not fail to fight with honor! ;)

Qapla'!
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Every year...same question LOL...

The original Q winter wonderland did not have ANY gingerbread village nor even snow borgs.

The very first one wonderland had only the native snowman and the breen on it. So there was no good or bad guys. The breen and the snowmen were there...way before any Q' gingerbread or the borg who were brought after. To make it a more complicated event... there was even the Jem Hadar...(see lake video below).

The ice borg and Q's gingerbread men were just added to the conflict of a free for ALL land.

2011 First Winter event...No gazebo and YES a Jemmie ship way before any gingerbread men.

Also, similar topic from last year....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1209299/righting-a-grave-injustice.?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0=+26d5e41f09bdc7ecf1255a5471b462078b7efb31+1481226490+hmacsha1
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Because we like cookies.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Snowmen invaded the original gingerbread village first. They drew first frosting!
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Q set the rules, including the one stipulating snowmen get killed by snowballs instead of regenerating or making them fatter. Feel free to complain to him while we prepare the kennel or pigsty for your future new form to live in. :P
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    The entire Winter Wonderland is Q's creation. My guess is that this is just Q's way of trolling captains (or at least the Starfleet ones; the Klingons and Romulans may or may not have a problem with it, but then again Q never tormented them as far as we know from the TV series).
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Not this again. :s
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Not this again. :s

I share your optimism. ;)

Qapla'!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User

this was bought up last year with no real resolution.
    if you are in a quandary don't play the mission however if you don't give a hoot about the morals and are just out to get more winter rewards then carry on.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• stardestroyer3stardestroyer3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Maybe it was a humourous attempt by Q to imitate the similar conundrum of the Kobali/Vaadwaur situation?
    The Kobali/Gingerbreadpeople are infringing in questionable ways upon the Vaadwaur/Snowmen, but the Vaadwaur/Snowmen were the original aggressors so we intervene straight into the other side...
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    because the snowmen are the worthier foe, gingerbreadmen are soft and crumbly no fun to fight at all.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The answer is obvious. Today, I shall save them, as for tomorrow I shall, *Opens wide*

Fox_eating_gingerbread_man_1.jpg

Mwuhahaha! *licks crumbs off muzzle*
    I also shoot at the snowmen there because they pelt me while I'm trying to make Winter food or eat pies.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Because the Gingerbread people are enacting their Manifest Destiny. The snowmen savages have occupied these lands for centuries. They have done nothing at all to improve them. No shopping malls. No McDonalds.

But worst of all - No Apple Store.(GASP! OMG! The HORROR!)

So the Gingerbread people begin by building a few simple shelters, for protection from the elements, in a very small corner of the vast territory sparsely settled by the snowmen savages. Who still have the gall to claim they "own" this land because they were here first. And what do these frozen heartless monsters do? They attack an unarmed group of shopkeepers and children with the unspeakable horror of - dah dunh DAAAHHH! - the Snowverlord!

With their defenses crumbling and flaking away under such an unrelenting and vicious attack, the Gingerbread people asked for our help. Who are we to judge the right or wrong of this conflict when there are cookies to be saved and trinkets to be won?
    Only one response is acceptable here - TO BATTLE! Melt them down! Melt them down! Melt them down! MELT THEM DOWN!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    The gingerbreads are improving the land and trying to civilize the snowmen.

Its a worthy goal and we should be helping them do it.

~face palm~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    For the same reason we defended the Kobali?

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter

This is exactly Prime directive territory. We don't meddle in pre-warp civs internal affairs.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    There actually was a dev response to this last year, just don't recall where and what it was about.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    Because the gingerbread men are an analogy for American colonists and the snowmen are an analogy for the native Americans, meanwhile we are the cavalry, USA! USA! USA! USA!
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »

This is exactly Prime directive territory. We don't meddle in pre-warp civs internal affairs.

You'[re correct. I was referring to how what the Gingerbreads did would have no repercussions with Feds, since they would not be under the Prime Directive.

You are quite correct, again, in that the Prime Directive would apply here and we should NOT be interfering in the affairs of the Gingerbreads.

One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The Gingerbread are the Bajorans of Wonderland.....They build on other races lands, they act helpless so you can help them

You sit there in your Candy Tower, looking down on the poor Snowmen as they fight for their lands, for their FREEDOMS!!

The Gingerbread pollute their water, making it unfreezable with their Candy pipelines, and Sugar leaks everywhere....all paid for of course by Big Sugar companies

The ice in Mint MistleGan is flammable, melting snowmen who try to freeze there, the water comes out Green, and Red, and sparkles

You watch as they murder Snowmen, grind them up, and feed it to their Savior Snow-Conian, yet you call me evil

Now The Klingons break the ice in their lakes, which has disturbed the environment, allowing gummy Fish from Space Sweden to be introduced to an alien environment, this will have a long lasting effect on the lands.

This makes me weep for the Snow man

We must build a Ice Wall to keep the Gingerbread out, and make them pay for it, we can't allow illegal Gingerbread into Wonderland, and take jobs from hard working Snow people

We will make Wonderland White again, i guarantee it
    GwaoHAD.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    We had these moralizing Threads last year about this topic. Oy vay.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I got frostbite once. I say, more power to the Gingerbreads! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    "Let me explain how this works. He brings a snowball to the fight, you bring a snowball machine gun. He puts one of your men in deep freeze. You put five of his in the tanning booth! That's the Gingerbread way, see?"
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    bernatk wrote: »

You'[re correct. I was referring to how what the Gingerbreads did would have no repercussions with Feds, since they would not be under the Prime Directive.

You are quite correct, again, in that the Prime Directive would apply here and we should NOT be interfering in the affairs of the Gingerbreads.

I'm pretty certain that the Prime Directive does not apply to figments of Q's imagination. The first time we met the Gingerbread people was in a village inside a snow globe. That's pretty much the definition of being all inside somebody's imagination, and a nod to the final scene of St. Elsewhere, where the whole series was implied to be in a child's imagination as he stared at a snow globe containing the hospital. It's so on the nose that it should itch.
This discussion has been closed.