test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Energy Torpedo upgrade bug

frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just noticed that there do seem to exist multiple epic variants of the Crystalline Energy torpedo weapon. Some (like me) upgrade it to Mk 14 ultra rare and don't get any mods, others seem to get the 5 mods at epic that weapons usually get. Is this a bug or intentional?

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Not the only in-game unique item bugged, but I do agree, it sucks when that kind of stuff happens.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Same here XIV Epic. No mods at all.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dreamwarrior789dreamwarrior789 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I also at Epic XIV get NO mods.

Seems the base AP Torpedo in the Phoenix Pack store shows up wrong with only 20%crtD.
    Post edited by dreamwarrior789 on
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Try upgrading the Nukara mines, the Tethered Quantum Mines, or the long range tetryon cannon. All bugged one way or another.
  • picardocaptpicardocapt Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I have a complaint / -bug notification- on this as well. Got this torp. launcher with a Phoenix prize pack, under my character Piccard (;-)) However, I was also upgrading the item when a queue for Fed. Fleet Alert came up. After this mission was complete, the launcher was -NOT TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE (?)-

It's not in the inventory, not in the ship's inventory, not in the R&D tab (checked just in case) nor in the overflow bag ...
    Please fix / revert , along the launcher about 3 Phoenix special upgrades went a long with it.

-Perhaps it's patch related-, since the latest patch I can't find back the Reputation V mission for the Romulan reputation with this character (Although for this one - Unless there's something I did wrong or am not aware of, on my side ..)
    "To baldly go, where no one has gone before"

• picardocaptpicardocapt Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    SOLVED - When trying to upgrade another item, this one was still there. So to be fair, it's solved and wasn't something I did not yet knew. A better indication of this is commendable (!)
    "To baldly go, where no one has gone before"

• demolisher05demolisher05 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Have had the same problem. Made my own discussion about it before noticing others had the issue as well. Don't know if I should just discard it and get a new one from the phoenix pack or keep it?
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Have had the same problem. Made my own discussion about it before noticing others had the issue as well. Don't know if I should just discard it and get a new one from the phoenix pack or keep it?

The item is bugged for everyone upgrading it currently; acquiring a new one will not help.

I made a fix to this item this morning that will be going out soon and fixing your existing copies as well.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter

The item is bugged for everyone upgrading it currently; acquiring a new one will not help.

I made a fix to this item this morning that will be going out soon and fixing your existing copies as well.

Thank You for your KIND note. It nice to see when all the hard working DEV's reply with positive news. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • dreamwarrior789dreamwarrior789 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have this on 5 Toons at Epic with this Bug and will be happy to see it fixed thats a lot invested into it.

So I say thank you and happy holidays :)