test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Small Craft] What I would like to see..

commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
I'm a big fan of small craft, I think they are a fun change of pace and I really enjoy piloting them... unfortunately it can be difficult to get the queues to pop and there are precious few queues or missions that utilize them. Kind of silly for something we dedicate entire systems to.

This isn't a suggestion so much as a wish list for the next season and beyond!

I would like:
  • A new small craft queue, preferably something really cool that only a shuttle or fighter could do.
  • Add a shuttle only adventure zone, with landing points that let you enter buildings and accomplish missions. Could be really cool.
  • Increase rewards to all small craft queues and/or add something special to them to incentivize playing them frequently.
  • A new set of fighters for each faction, which have pilot maneuvers and an ensign universal/pilot seat and integrated CRF:
    • Starfleet Merlin Pilot Fighter (has cloak)
    • KDF Cha’bIp Pilot Fighter (has battle cloak)
    • RRF Red Claw Pilot Fighter (has Romulan battle cloak)

Who else would be down for this? Feel free to share your own ideas and wishes. Happy holidays everyone!
♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    KDF does need more small craft for sure. Hell... I wouldn't mind seeing more cross faction small craft.

If they ever made the Breen fighter playable, I'd get one and call her Dralthi.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    How about a Kelvin shuttle?
    Or Balok's small ship?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    Janeways shuttle with the shuttle voyager type 9 shuttle skin.
    Insurrection shuttles from the scene where data goes crazy and sings.
    Argo because everybody asks for it.
    The shuttle from Star Trek 5.
    Spocks vulcan shuttle from Motion Picture.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Something like The Breach (but a bit shorter) would be fun.
    Add a shuttle only adventure zone, with landing points that let you enter buildings and accomplish missions. Could be really cool.

It would, but that's probably too much work for the devs for a niche feature.

Once the Foundry comes back, have you looked to see if there are any shuttle + ground missions? If not, you could issue a challenge to authors and maybe give away a few lock box keys for the best ones. I'd chip in a key or two :)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    or Jefferies original curved shuttle idea?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'd love to see shuttles used in some sort of battlezone, but function like tanks or APC's so multiple players can get in. One pilot and a copilot for weaponry, plus passengers.
    Something like a bigger version of Kobali Prime or the Voth zone.
    SulMatuul.png
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    How about a Kelvin shuttle?
    Or Balok's small ship?
    GAG NO MORE KT GARBAGE EVER!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    ooh ooh and you can have a queue where you have to attack a giant ship with the small craft and fly down a trench and shoot torpedoes at an exhaust port....
    Spock.jpg

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Only problem is that small craft have such limited abilities, so things get boring fast. They would have to make a variety of new small-craft only abilities. I'd almost say go first person POV (looking out the windshield) w/ them just to be different from cap-ship battles.
  • boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I'd also like love for small craft.

I'd say make some Foundry (whenever the Hell it comes back...) missions designed to utilize small craft, but there's little way to enforce it and most people would probably ignore the "designed for small craft" disclaimer then promptly TRIBBLE that the mission was way too easy.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Only problem is that small craft have such limited abilities, so things get boring fast.

I actually enjoy doing Shuttle Fleet Alert. Bust out the Star Fox music, run around in a little shuttle joining a swarm of fighters pounding larger ships...

Its fun, and its different from the cap ship fights.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)