test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS-themed Jayce's Navy Interstellar by SirBoulevard

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
https://lootcritter.com/2016/11/22/blast-from-the-past-tos-era-jayces-navy-interstellar/

What? Did you think the Cryptic Cat was the only one writing and designing? We had Agents of Yesterday and the 50th Anniversary! So to celebrate those milestones, here’s a FULL issue of Jayce’s from the 23rd Century, recently recovered from a ship near the neutral zone!

Special thanks to Thomas Marrone for his unwavering support as usual, and our lovely host, Lootcritter, for his continued amazing editing skills and passion. I also want to give a very special thank you to Drogyn1701, who serves as our lead designer and editor on these endeavours. Drogyn spent the last several months researching magazines from the 1960s as well as the Franz Joseph Technical Manual for inspiration and stylistic accuracy.

Thank you as well to all our fans and followers who have read these pieces both by this team and by Thomas, and have stuck through everything STO has gone through, in thick and thin. You guys make passion projects like these possible. Also, thank you to Cryptic Studios for letting us write these little pet projects and congrats on Agents of Yesterday’s success.

And lastly, thank you to Star Trek, as a whole, for 50 years of amazing entertainment!

Previous Issues:

Jayce’s Navy Interstellar – The Four-Quadrant Strategy
Jayce’s Nay Interstellar – The Ambassador
Jayce’s Navy Interstellar – Federation Flagships

Comments

• eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Good stuff, except for the FASA designs shown.
  • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    You mean "FASA style" designs.

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    This is absolutely fantastic. Any chance you can get a Patreon or something to make these monthly?
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    R. McKay...? :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User

You mean the STO designs for this STO Fanzine? Seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

I believe he was referring to the Alien Designs shown, not the Federation ones.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

I believe he was referring to the Alien Designs shown, not the Federation ones.
    B)

The same ones that are also in-game? Those Gorn cruisers were added with Agents of Yesterday (And the Frigate is from TOS-Remastered), the Romulan ship is also in-game as the Thrai Cruiser, and you can see them in "Core of the Matter" and the Doomsday Machine Queue. The other ships are the Na'kuhl vessels.

So its 100% in-game content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    All of the ships in this issue are from Star Trek Online. Yes, there are elements that scream FASA, but as a lifelong-fan of everything Trek I can assure you it's all STO, all the time. Can't help it if the game artists draw from great resources and sources while maintaining legal separation from previous IP holders ;)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    The Thrai doesn't look that much like the T-2, they're just operating in the same visual space. I thought you did a great job capturing the 'look' of the tech specs of the era, too.

(Otherwise if we can borrow from FASA, could the Romulans get a Nova, please? I've always liked the lines and it would look great in T6 plating, thx)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    All of the ships in this issue are from Star Trek Online. Yes, there are elements that scream FASA, but as a lifelong-fan of everything Trek I can assure you it's all STO, all the time. Can't help it if the game artists draw from great resources and sources while maintaining legal separation from previous IP holders ;)

I was referring to the Romulan one. I hate the FASA the designs.

You know what after re-reading it, it was my hatred of FASA that blinded me and I like the TOS-style warbird shown aka the Foxtrot Class. I am going to be adding the Ambassador and this Jayne's to my STO ship list. Thank you guys for a great read.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    You know what after re-reading it, it was my hatred of FASA that blinded me and I like the TOS-style warbird shown aka the Foxtrot Class. I am going to be adding the Ambassador and this Jayne's to my STO ship list. Thank you guys for a great read.

The Foxtrot codenamed Warbird vaguely reminds me of the KT T'laru. Maybe it's the Prime version of the same ship?
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Totally dig this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was wondering, there are two schematics for the Pioneer-class, was one of them supposed to be the Perseus-class?
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    I was wondering, there are two schematics for the Pioneer-class, was one of them supposed to be the Perseus-class?

Yup - it was noticed this morning, and it's being updated. A revised copy was sent today, but as I was out of the office all day Saturday - I'll repost it Sunday ;)
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Hopefully we can get something like this for the intell ships
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Lol.

"Protests over production of warship."

Idiocy like this is why Sec 31 and MACOs exist. You can thank us for you little bubblewrapped and peaceful existence later. Feel free to take time for another kum-by-ya love in on the nearest holodeck. We're busy.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Always great to see more of these, the Odyssey one was amazing and this has got all that 60's vibe going for it. Thank you as always, and would totally support a Patreon page if it would mean more of this sort of thing for STO.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.