test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Since when do fleet projects take fleet CREDITS instead of marks?

chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
To begin, my responsibility to pay attention, no argument there.

I had over 1000 fleet marks and no way to convert, was thumbing through Armada trying to find a fleet with something open, saw a K-13 project, thought it was fleet marks, click click, uhh what? I just pissed away my whole 164K balance of fleet credits for nothing in return, and it wasn't even for my own fleet.

(/me bangs head on desk)

Fleet Credits have become so freaking hard to get, and I just blew a 2 month accumulation, my whole balance. God.

WHEN did they change this, and am I the only one thinks this is an unprecedented change?

Comments

• wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Yep, the research lab costs me 200k fleet credits a week just to give all members the 10% dilithium ore bonus and it has always costed fleet credits to make the specific provisions each requires.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    So far I have dodged this bullet. i am usually pretty free with putting my credits back into the Fleet, but some of this does seem a bit ridiculous. Not sure we can expect it to change though, so I am going to suggest slowing down before clicking next time.

Better luck ... :)
    Qapla'!
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    The Special Provisions, required for each Holding except the StarBase, have always required Fleet Credits. These Provisions can only be made by using the Replicator. Happened to me the first time as well. I was as upset as you seem to be. Then I got over myself. It was for the Fleet. Since others in the Fleet benefitted from my not paying enough attention, I ruefully laughed it off and got to work earning more Fledits.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    edited November 2016
    The Special Provisions, required for each Holding except the StarBase, have always required Fleet Credits. These Provisions can only be made by using the Replicator. Happened to me the first time as well. I was as upset as you seem to be. Then I got over myself. It was for the Fleet. Since others in the Fleet benefitted from my not paying enough attention, I ruefully laughed it off and got to work earning more Fledits.

That's not entirely accurate, the dilithium mine provisions can be obtained in small quantity through a doff mission at the mine. The other provisions can be obtained from the temporal agent if you have a Delta recruit you have not finished levelling so not already claimed them on. The duty officer full packs can also disappoint you with a small number of special provisions when you're trying to get the bonus ship or stack of fleet ship modules.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

edited November 2016
    wisecasper wrote: »

That's not entirely accurate, the dilithium mine provisions can be obtained in small quantity through a doff mission at the mine. The other provisions can be obtained from the temporal agent if you have a Delta recruit you have not finished levelling so not already claimed them on. The duty officer full packs can also disappoint you with a small number of special provisions when you're trying to get the bonus ship or stack of fleet ship modules.

Okay, then. Since I'm not into sweating the small stuff, I appreciate you taking time out from your obviously busy schedule to do so.
    But you missed some, dincha?

- The OP was not doing DOff missions at the time of the incident. He was filling Fleet projects.
    - He was asking when they changed the procedure for Provisions. He did not ask how to get them.
    - Delta Recruit? Did you even try to look at his post count? Really?
    - Lastly, if you were truly trying to help him out, there was no need to attempt to publicly correct me in front of an audience to score points and look like one of the Big Kids. Quoting me does nothing to help him with his problem.
    It does make you look like Mr. Smarty Pants Know-It-All in front of your cronies, don't it? Which is what you were really after all along.
    People correct me when i write with incorrect factual absolutes and I appreciate it. Fleet credits are harder to come by than some commodities and so saving a few here and there might have been of interest to a future reader of this thread rather than concluding there was no other choice. Sorry if i hurt your feelings by correcting you.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

So now you're saying I lied to him? Jeez. Aren't you just the bigger, better person than I am? Doing all you can to be right and perfect for 'future readers of this thread.'

Again, he was posting about making a mistake in using his Fleet Credits to purchase Holding Provisions. What I originally posted was correct in that where he was at the time, the only way for him to acquire Holding Provisions was to replicate them. I have done the same thing whenever I was in a rush to complete a Fleet Project.

Maybe I should type s l o w e r and use words which are smaller. Guess I'll try now:

Here goes: Me no mad over correction. Because me no make 'fact..fact..faxual' mistake. Me offer help and sad for guy who make mistake. Dumb mistake. I make mistake too. You no read what him writed. You think you is smarter than rest. But you is dumb. You no read what he writed. You just trying look good for buddies. You no care about anything else.

"These provisions can only be made by using a replicator" is a factual mistake. Feel free to type it as slowly as you like whilst i record the correction on my spreadsheet to export to a line graph to show my cronies at the end of the week.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

edited November 2016
    My aren't we just the pretentious little...
    Pretty sure from the grammar, syntax and tone of your posts, your social skills are not good enough to have cronies. Unless your parents are indulgent enough to pay for your friends.
    BTW, getting your Dad to come down to the basement and type in <linegraph> for you is a very nice touch.
    Well I did let two of your posts go by before lowering the tone of my posts, you gotta give me credit for that. I'm so pretentious i'm not going to lower myself to the name-calling, but i'm sure people have enough info now to draw their own conclusions about you if reading this thread.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

• admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    "Burning down the house!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8D4AsLzlM0

This one is on fire folks!
    Just saying. :)

Qapla'!
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Umm, what's wrong with my postcount?

Not to get into the middle of the love fest between you two, but I do happen to have a long-neglected Delta Recruit....
    edited November 2016
    Umm, what's wrong with my postcount?

Not to get into the middle of the love fest between you two, but I do happen to have a long-neglected Delta Recruit....

Awesome, if you check your tesseract device to see if you claimed the joined fleet bonus as it's worth 100 of each holding special commodity
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper