test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I get stuck in loading screens

wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
Ya every time I change maps. dock and that loading screen shows up. It freezes. This is the first time since this new patch I've experience this issue. Anyone else having this? I have to restart the client to get back into the new spawn area.

Any solution to fix this? I've verified files and it seems to be good, so I have no idea why this is happening?

I even turned off the lighting effect v2 and no change.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• ianbillmorrisianbillmorris Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Same here I was able to load ESD, then the next time it got stuck.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Stuck on diffrent map loading screnes aswell. Gets to around 45% and stops.
    This bug was reported while this still was on the test server. Sad to see it came along.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I got around it by reseting Graphics and Advanced settings to default and saving it. Then reloaded client and changed the settings again to my personal choices. Seems to have stopped.
    I got around it by reseting Graphics and Advanced settings to default and saving it. Then reloaded client and changed the settings again to my personal choices. Seems to have stopped.

nope didn't fix it
  • phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Likewise when changing zones. Loading screen freezes during count up to 100. Typing this while the "Loading Deep Space 9" splash screen remains stuck at 40.09.

Task Manager to close. Then issues with logging back into the character I froze on. Joy.

On the one hand it's damnably irritating. On the other I'm happy to find out the problem's not at my end!

B)
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Yeah, this issue keeps coming back during major updates. It needs to stop.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    Having a similar problem with loading ESD from Sol System. Loading freezes up when going from Sol system to ESD.
  • drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Yeah, I've been having load screen freezes everywhere it seems. Hopefully, they get a bug fix patch out and soon!
    Finally finished the featured mission on my last character. After a metric ton of map loading crashes on each character.

Would be nice if someone could confirm they are looking into it.
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    It's possible that due to a bug with the Options menu, your Reduce File Streaming setting was changed to off.
  • wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Sorry it didn't help you guys. One difference I've left was norcaler2 suggestion. My original settings had Reduced file streaming off in advanced setups. Now its on. I don't have any glitches and surprisingly the game runs nice. knock knock on wood. :)
    Don't want to jinks it.

• rperry970rperry970 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I can't even get to the character selection screen. Spent nearly 30 minutes on the AOY loading screen just now. I dl'd the patch earlier today and got to the character screen no problem at that time. Made some minor adjustments to the graphics quality, saved them and logged out. This is the first time I've tried to log in since.

Update: was finally able to get fully logged in last night but it took waiting out another 10 minutes or so in the AOY screen. When it did finally do something I got the error message "Account ticket verification failed" and got kicked to the constitution log-in screen. Got right in from there. Same thing again this morning..... Once in, I don't have any problems changing maps. Made all the suggested changes last night with no improvement.
    Post edited by rperry970 on
  • weyland2012weyland2012 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here, I get stuck in the AOY loading screen for ages today. Funny thing, everything worked great yesterday immediately after patching... once I had restored my graphics settings.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I had to uninstall and reinstall the whole game because like you, I had the loading screen keep getting stuck. It now works just fine after reinstall.
  • nyghthawk1nyghthawk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Still having issues after adjusting setting and rebooting. Screen Freezes.
  • nyghthawk1nyghthawk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Loading Screens mostly.
    No problem getting into the game itself here. But getting stuck and crashing on loading screen a lot for any map types... ground, sector, space... both private instance maps and public area maps.
    And it doesn't seem like its always the same maps it happens on. So not been able to find a pattern in it.
    Did notice a few it seems to happens on each time like the New Romulus space map, both from sector space to space and ground to space.

Tried waiting out one of the times when it got stuck, but nothing happend after almost a half hour.
    Reduce File Streaming
    Seems to work having turned that ON. Gonna have to do a bit more testing first.
    seems like it worked for me
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Yeah, I turned off Reduce File Streaming, I'll turn it back on. See if it helps because I have this bug again as well.
    giphy.gif
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    my screen keeps blacking out, but I suspect it's related to this same issue. I re-installed - nothing, same issue, set graphics as low as possible - nothing, same issue. sometimes I get to fire my weapons a couple of times, other times it blacks out in the character select screen. I do not need new lighting, I just want to play the game. What gives?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Loading screen freezes in many places for me. Just now it froze once in the new episode. Leaving the new episode when completed. Loading into the Beta Quadrant. Loading into the Sol System and loading into Earth Space Dock. Today is the worst it has been for me. I did not have too many the last couple of days. It freezes around 40 loaded. I can click on the window and a screen pops up that states the GameClient.exe is not Responding. I can then close the client from that screen. I am done for the night. After the patch I will try again and fiddle with a few settings.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    This has to do with Windows 7 Premium no longer being updated by Microsoft. If you're using Windows 7 (like I am), you occasionally get loading screen freezes. Seems like the only solution for me is to upgrade to Windows 8.1.1 or even 10 ... that suxx a bit. However, at least now I found out why this keeps happening.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
    edited October 2016
    If you are getting Loading screen freezes/crash between maps, then try to follow Norcs advice
    norcaler2 wrote: »
    It's possible that due to a bug with the Options menu, your Reduce File Streaming setting was changed to off.
    Options menu -> Advanced tab -> and then turn "On" Reduce File Streaming.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    got one character experiencing this out of 12. map transitions just freeze and i have to use task manager to exit the game, reload and the transition finishes. been happening since before this latest patch.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Also experiencing this from time to time on characters.
  • kovabombkovabomb Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I am experiencing the map moving crash almost every time I hit the loading screen. The map loads to around 40%, then hangs completely. Fortunately, when I load back into the game, I spawn in the map I was moving to, so my progress isn't lost. But this issue is making the game difficult to play and enjoy.
    @deadspacex64 @arliekkos and @kovabomb

Try turning "On" Reduce File Streaming.
    You problem sounds exactly like the one I had and it was fixed by simply turning that on.
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the possible and probable fix Claudiusdk. :)
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    @deadspacex64 @arliekkos and @kovabomb

Try turning "On" Reduce File Streaming.
    You problem sounds exactly like the one I had and it was fixed by simply turning that on.

already on, for years. but as of today the problem seems to have stopped. went into missions and any of those would have normally forced me to close the client, worked perfectly. hope it stays fixed, that was seriously annoying seeing the load screen just freeze, no snr or anything, just locked up.

Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.