test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Help For Tank

cykar2cykar2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2016 in The Academy
I've tried looking around but all I see are builds for dps/damage and all that. As for survivability everything that I've found that has talked about it everyone interprets tank as aggro collector, I'm not interested in purposefully collecting aggro I just want to be able to take a hit, all the attack power in the world is useless if you can't live long enough to use it. So captain and boff specializations, consoles, space traits, ground traits, and best cost effective skill trees would be appreciated. However keep in mind that I don't really bother with zen or the dilithium exchange, so that probably cuts me out of some of the things suggested, I'm perfectly fine with using the next best setup that I can achieve. I want to be an ultimate turtle both on ground and in space.

Comments

• postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Gotta give us a clue as to budget, ship, faction and if you pug via queues, play in a regular group or pug via chat channels.

In general load up with:
    Speed and turn rate, even cruisers can move at speed when buffed and your defense rating will zoom up
    Damage resistance up to a certain level as diminishing returns kicks in harshly above 40% damage resistance
    Heals and damage resistance boosts for both hull and shields
    Ability to clear damage over time effects and sci magic
    Shield power - more shield power directly causes better damage resistance and improves recharge rate. EPTS with 30 sec up time is a great place to start.
    Anything that grants something like immunity to damage/extreme resistance boosts

Traditionally the solonae and kobali space sets have been highly rated as free tanky space sets. Have to say this week the space re-balance will have messed with some thing people might suggest and open up additional paths to increased durability.