test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which is your main faction of choice?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
Just want to know which faction your main charater or main faction of choice is for doing content. Are you a romulan republic Loyalist a Federation Loyalist or a Klingon Empire Loyalist. Or are you neutral and play all three equally.

Which is your main faction of choice? 83 votes

Federation
45%
kirimuffinrangerryubaddmoonrizinpsyman87crypticarmsmanlucianazetaeldarion79lexusk19binebaneneos472rattler2scarlingtunebreakerpeterconnorfirstthlaylierahkyle223catgradiikianazeroaten66conkav22 38 votes
Klingon Empire
16%
nightkenikonn#1068reiklingraiderssbn655where2r1geekysoldiergoodscotchthunderfoot#5163wazzgitgenmaichiafreightstopperthekodanarmada#7342startrooper98a#1290elcid#6687 14 votes
Romulan Republic
19%
coldnapalmantonine3258spielman1kitsunesnoutkodachikunoarliekkosrsciwthevampinatorwarpangeljagdtier44ryghanpolstarukthoduclarewag61283starlight#1300aliennumber5 16 votes
I play all three equally.
18%
duncanidaho11garaks31questeriusrmy1081markhawkmancentaurianalphaalcyoneserenemneme0saber1973aofficerbatman81jayceardencasualstojericho447#8216buckeyestar#6353shadowwraith#9264 15 votes

Comments

• ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    TOS, Fed. Should have been added.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    ioneon wrote: »
    TOS, Fed. Should have been added.

I didn't since they are still fed also because they are really not a separate faction at all. But merge into the 25th century. They are really only an alternate start for the federation.
    edited October 2016
    Romulan Republic
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Romulans FTW

The Legacy of the Romulan Republic, can't be denied.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Romulan Star Empire, but since there's no real 3rd faction, there's even less to do at end-game, so I have mains in all 3 with alts scattered everywhere.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Federation
    Honestly Fed, mainly because I played an Alien since forever, but I do occasionally show love to my KDF Alien and Rom-Alien, who I write in-universe as his 'brothers'.

Though I love my new Temporal Recruit, who I play off as a time lost Federation captain from the 25th century, tossed back to the 23rd with memory loss, and brought back to the future with a new persona. Meanwhile her Mirror couterpart, who was burned by Leeta and imprisoned, was let out on parole as she was a 'timecop' from 'parallel future' of the Mirror universe; from the 'Rise Like Lions' interpretation of the Mirror Universe, which was overwritten by Leeta's and Noye's meddling.
    Romulan Republic
    Romulan Star Empire, but since there's no real 3rd faction, there's even less to do at end-game, so I have mains in all 3 with alts scattered everywhere.

I do feel they need to add more romulan republic stuff. I enjoy the romulan faction because of the outfits and shoulder capes they have.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Federation
    I'd like to play all 3 equally but circumstances have determined that I be a primarily federation player.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Federation
    It really depends on what event is going on when I make a comeback from hiatus.

When LoR released, it was Romulan, with the Delta Recruit stuff, all three equally, now with AoY, it's Federation.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Dominion! :p oh wait...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Klingon Empire
    I've been playing this game since one had to level a Fed char to 25 to unlock KDF. Did so and never looked back. When LoR came out, spent some serious time playing Green. But he is KDF-aligned. So I guess it is still playing Red Side at one remove, lol.

I like playing Blue. It is enjoyable to "out-Kirk" James T most days. However, I prefer playing Red. I really enjoy swooping in with an impossibly huge cruiser which then makes an impossibly tight turn to successfully defeat those who would trample the Empire into the dust of history. I really enjoy pulling my bat'letlh into the ready position to cut down hordes of Borg Drones into pieces which are then strewn all about my feet. To stand upon a pile of the shattered bodies of those who dare to attack the Empire or its subjects and issue the challenge yet again to those foes who are fleeing for their lives is glorious! To fly the smallest ship in the game well enough to deliver the killing stroke to a Tactical Cube is also glorious!

I need no more encouragement to play this game than as a warrior of an honorable House who fights for the good of the Empire and its friends. I have a Lethean Science char who flies around in a FT5-U cruiser and has earned me an invitation to the DPS Leagues. Granted, it is lowest level and I've not bothered with accepting it, but it is nice to know I earned it. And I really feel like I truly earned it. I do not know if I would get the same level of satisfaction from doing so with my Starfleet characters.

So, those of you who are members of Starfleet, if you are bored with having technology and the Dev Team answer every challenge for you, if you wonder what it is like to boldly dive into the thickest part of a fight in a ship which has the skin of an egg shell and the fangs of a dragon, if you want to look your enemy squarely in the eye up close before you drop them with the backslash from your bat'letlh, come try the Red Side. You'll not be sorry you did so. Ever.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    As much as I'd like to say "Alpha Quadrant Alliance," that's not (yet) possible so I have to go with Romulan.
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Other.

Romulans aren't their own faction in this game- they're allied with either Fed or KDF. It's more of a "mini faction" rather than a separate one, much like 23rd Century Captains, etc. I will grant, however, at least they have their own "home base" rather than being relegated to only ESD or Qu'onos.

In terms of choices currently available- I'd have to say I play both Fed and KDF depending on my mood- although it tends to sway more toward Fed only because PWE/C still hasn't finished out KDF since release. (improved yes, but still disparity still exists)

If they had been released as equal factions- I'd have likely played both equally- that said, I'm sure I'm not alone in this opinion. I'm one of those people who isn't "polarized" but rather enjoys all aspects of a game. I didn't pay for just part of it, I paid to play the whole thing.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • jericho447#8216 jericho447 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    i would of mained a 23rd century federation captain but it's not on console yet. so at the moment i'm sticking with romulan allied to federation but i'm gonna play through all the factions
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    4 Fed - 3 KDF and Rom
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Federation
    I have a roughly equal amount of characters in all three factions, and the Republic is probably my favorite. Both my current mains are Fed, though (one's the Fed I rolled when I first got the game in 2010, and one's the temporal agent I rolled at the release of AoY). I expect this will change once I finish all the temporal agent stuff, though, as I'm jonesin' to play my Roms again. :)

So yeah, right now it's Fed, but it will go back to Rom. :)
    Romulan Republic
    Romulans aren't their own faction in this game- they're allied with either Fed or KDF. It's more of a "mini faction" rather than a separate one, much like 23rd Century Captains, etc. I will grant, however, at least they have their own "home base" rather than being relegated to only ESD or Qu'onos.

All the factions are allied with eachother. That the Romulans get such incomplete gameplay benefit from the alliance would be a tragedy, were it not completely overshadowed by the Federation and Klingons getting absolutely no gameplay benefit at all.
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

All the factions are allied with eachother. That the Romulans get such incomplete gameplay benefit from the alliance would be a tragedy, were it not completely overshadowed by the Federation and Klingons getting absolutely no gameplay benefit at all.

Agree- I'm simply stating that the Romulan "faction" really isn't its own faction in the context of poll choices.

I also really wish they had done right by introducing Romulans as a 3rd faction, rather than attaching it to Fed/KDF as the only options- but that likely won't change anytime soon, and it is what it is.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Federation
    Federation for me, I'm a phasers and photons type of player
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
      Federation
      Fed because I have more ships/traits to use, but all three to a minor degree.
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      Federation
      Main Fed, but have Romulan and KDF as well.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
      Just want to know which faction your main charater or main faction of choice is for doing content. Are you a romulan republic Loyalist a Federation Loyalist or a Klingon Empire Loyalist. Or are you neutral and play all three equally.

NONE of the above...BORG rules!​​
      Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
      Original STO beta tester.
    • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
      Federation
      I'm confused by the listing of Romulan as a faction of choice. Sure you can start a character as this, just like you can with AoY, (which aren't listed in the pool) but you pretty quickly pick Fed or KDF and become one of those...so in reality, there is no lvl60, or even lvl50 captain that is of the Romulan Faction.
      kjfett_14091.jpg
      Romulan Republic
      kjfett wrote: »
      I'm confused by the listing of Romulan as a faction of choice. Sure you can start a character as this, just like you can with AoY, (which aren't listed in the pool) but you pretty quickly pick Fed or KDF and become one of those...so in reality, there is no lvl60, or even lvl50 captain that is of the Romulan Faction.
      You don't become one of those. You get some perks from one of those but never all of them. The wall of restrictions stands tall. Unfortunately.
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      Federation
      While Romulan players ally with either Fed or KDF, Romulans have their own endgame ships and cannot access allied endgame ships.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      Federation
      warpangel wrote: »
      You don't become one of those. You get some perks from one of those but never all of them. The wall of restrictions stands tall. Unfortunately.

In regards to ships, sure, they won't let you fly their ships, but you can land on ESD and run around, doing whatever you feel like doing. If I recall correctly, my Rom Fed captain plays through the higher level missions like any Fed captain. What else is restricted but would make the Romulan faction feel it is as complete as the other two?
      kjfett_14091.jpg
      needs a Romulan Academy and contraband officer
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Federation

Can the Fed Roms not use the contraband security officer on ESD?
      kjfett_14091.jpg
    • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
      Romulan Republic

Can the Fed Roms not use the contraband security officer on ESD?

As a supposed "faction" we shouldn't have to and, frankly, shouldn't be allowed to
      I would have gone for "inconvenient" over "shouldn't have to", but yeah.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing