test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge Officer Rename & Requisition Questions (PS4 version)

Hello all,

I've been playing through the PS4 version (played PC when it first release till almost reaching captain). The game is quite different in some aspects, one of which is how you obtain bridge officers. Bridge officers (BO) are now assigned and while that's fine, I wanted to be able to customize them completely. I did manage to figure out that you can completely alter your BO at the tailor shop on the SOL starbase. Great news.

Then I wanted to alter my first officer's name to more match what I had on the PC version. I found out how to do it and the game stated that the first name change is "free". I did the name change and an error popped up stating that I could not "afford" the name change that is supposed to be free. I sold some stuff to get some "money" and even after having a balance it still stated I couldn't afford the name change. The odd part is that it accepted the name change in the BO's profile but will not change it in the menu or when referencing that character anywhere else. Any ideas on how to change the name completely for that BO in the game?

Next up, as I can't alter the race or gender of the BO's given to me, how do I requisition a BO of my choosing (race / gender) to alter into the BO that I want them to be? Keep in mind, when this came out on PC at first, I was so excited to have my own crew that I created an entire story arc for them, how they got together, their races, genders, specialties and back stories. Totally went fanatic. I'd like to carry that crew over as much as possible.

Lastly, to make room for requisitioning new BO's, how do I get rid of the one's I don't want?

Thanks for the help guys.

Comments