test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPC Bug

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
I'm working on adding to a mission I published. It was a simple go in and read a wall of text in First City. I've added some run around and talk to some NPCs to it. This lead me to notice, that if I select, like the Judge, then this part of the mission not only appears on the judge, but the Uhlan there as well. It will will also appear on other NPCs that are not the judge around the city. IT not a game breaker, just an annoyance when you can talk to a slum dweller and the Judge appears.
Mm5NeXy.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm... is it a simple dialog with contact?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Trying to remember if the Judge was listed as a general Klingon npc or a specific one in the list of selectables for general contact dialogues.

Think I ran into a similar problem with a Fed mission I was working on before. Ended up using a different npc slot and rewriting a bit of the story. unpublished.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    Trying to remember if the Judge was listed as a general Klingon npc or a specific one in the list of selectables for general contact dialogues.

Think I ran into a similar problem with a Fed mission I was working on before. Ended up using a different npc slot and rewriting a bit of the story. unpublished.

He is. The Uhlans however are not. The mission is currently publishing, with the revisions. It's KDF side under First City Bat'leth Arena Speech. IT'll be in the review section. Speaking to the Judge will be the fourth thing you'll do.
    Hmm... is it a simple dialog with contact?

Yup, just a simple go talk to the Judge. But if you play it, you will see the Uhlans just down from him count as this contact as well.

*SPOILER* Be prepared for walls of text.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hmm played it, yeah, that's SUPER weird.

Also weird is the wall behind that console in the far corner....
    screenshot_2016_09_02_23_21_56_by_marhawkman-dagea0a.jpg
    it's intangible...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Wanted to be sure about something with the Judge, so I pulled up my KDF toon.

He's... a little bigger than I remembered. o.O

pZMmb0l.jpg
    YTKADJI.jpg
    Maybe I'm looking at the wrong Judge? will try to run your Foundry mission later today.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm looking at the wrong Judge? will try to run your Foundry mission later today.

Apologies for the late reply. I've been working on learning the ins and outs of the foundry. But, yes that is the correct Judge. There is only 1 in First City. The point I was making, is the Uhlans just down from him, sittin on the bench near the exchange area, count as the judge for the purpose of the interaction.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.