test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with the High Council

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
The entire High Council, aside from the Chancellor, is killed by the Iconian M'Tara during the agreement on an armistice with the Federation. (2410)

Cha'lak (Killed by an Iconian in 2410)
K'lek (Killed by an Iconian in 2410)
Kriton (Killed by an Iconian in 2410)
S'kopa (Killed by an Iconian in 2410)
Terrath (Killed by an Iconian in 2410)
Woldan (Killed by an Iconian in 2410)

And with the year being 2410 in game. That means that we do not have a High Council right now. Just J'mpok and well his defeat of Martok is questionable and he was supported by the House of Torg. So right now we have no Council and the dirt under a pile of targ TRIBBLE for a Chancellor.

We have a problem here. i discovered this when i was doing research to add to my Arena Speech as I was going to see if I could use talking to the Council members as a part of it. But that's kind of out, since thy're all DEAD by the storyline. So everyone on the High Council, including J'mpok is either a federation dog or an Undine replacement. Either way, they all need to be replaced.
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Sounds like we need another civil war... I'm in!

I don't know for sure, but J'mpok was poisoned. Did he actually die as a result? If he did, we don't have a Chancellor either. With the Kahless clone killed in the battle with T'ket, we have no Emperor as well.

There has never been a better time to be Klingon. We have the dead weight of our government removed. Now is the time to bathe ourselves in the blood of glorious battle.

Cryptic' storytellers have seen fit to remove the government, what's next?
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    There was already a proposed civil war. My speech is to rebuild the Empire to it's former glory. I was going to make talking to the Council members a part of it, guess I'll have to hit up some random NPCs in first city instead. The speech it'self is in the foundry, just as a read a wall of text for now. It's playable if you're a reviewer.

So I guess now, as I progress things along. I'll have to think about potential council members as I go. Right now we do still have one council member, King Slathis (granted a non-voting seat in 2403).

So we have a Gorn with no voting rights.

Yes, time we got together and fixed this.

@trennan is my in game handle. Feel free to pm or send me mail with any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions. Even constructive criticism will do.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    High Council consists of more than six members, there are far more Great Houses out there. Memory Alpha cites at least two dozen council members. And those killed Councilors most likely had their successors who can take over the Councilor position.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    So many killed. This is a problem. Power vacuum. Slim to none chance, but wouldn't it be cool to have a mission thread that had you pick someone to back for the High Council and Cryptic would keep track of the number of votes and that candidate would ascend to a seat on the council.

Someone like...Alfred E. Neuman!

4345c0ea3ddea9edd255f6015aac352c.jpg
    Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    gulremal wrote: »
    High Council consists of more than six members, there are far more Great Houses out there. Memory Alpha cites at least two dozen council members. And those killed Councilors most likely had their successors who can take over the Councilor position.

Thanks for pointing this out. I had been working on my foundry mission and it had just blanked me out about it. Though now it is included in my First City Bat'leth Arena Speech and the subsequent run around First City I added to it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    While I don't remember specifically where it happens, J'mpok does show his face after the poisoning and at a later time it is explained that the poison made him quite sick but didn't kill him.

Or was that in an alternate time line ?
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    arionisa wrote: »
    While I don't remember specifically where it happens, J'mpok does show his face after the poisoning and at a later time it is explained that the poison made him quite sick but didn't kill him.

Or was that in an alternate time line ?

I didn't go with the poisoning part. Klingons do have a tea that does the same thing to them. I went with the replacement high council members. Though J'mpok is mentioned in it.

If you're set to review foundry missions. You can see what I did by looking for First City Bat'leth Arena Speech in the review section, under New. It's my first foundry mission, but no need to be gentle.

Also:
    The Klingon Tea Ceremony was a test of courage. The participants ingested tea brewed from a poisonous plant and recited poetry to each other. Worf stated that this was to teach that "Death is an experience best shared, like the tea."

The tea used was lethal to Humans, and mildly poisonous to Klingons as well.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Thanks for pointing this out. I had been working on my foundry mission and it had just blanked me out about it. Though now it is included in my First City Bat'leth Arena Speech and the subsequent run around First City I added to it.

I'm just baffled how people go "Aaaaaa Iconian killed the High Council now the Empire is in disarray!". Councilors represent their HOUSE and the seat is held by the House. So, if House can provide suitable replacement (aka new House head - either a grown-up son of the councilor or if councilor's wife re-marries with male who takes the House name), they will become new Councilor.
    Will there be a shift in power - maybe, but it's not complete and utter disaster.
  • Options

I'm just baffled how people go "Aaaaaa Iconian killed the High Council now the Empire is in disarray!". Councilors represent their HOUSE and the seat is held by the House. So, if House can provide suitable replacement (aka new House head - either a grown-up son of the councilor or if councilor's wife re-marries with male who takes the House name), they will become new Councilor.
    Will there be a shift in power - maybe, but it's not complete and utter disaster.

It was just a bit of a stumbling block for me. I included the fact that we do have new High Council members in what I did. I'm using memory alpha, memory beta, gamepedia, and generally anywhere else I can find information. The main problem I have with that right now. Other than J'mpok, there isn't any information on the other houses they have set with councilors. So I'm flying blind in that. I am trying to include established lore and story in what I do.

Also a woman can be a Councilor. It it rare, but it has happened before.

For some of the Great Houses it looks as though I'll have to create some lore. I will need help here, that much I do know. If you have any thought or ideas. Feel free to post them here. You can also message or mail me in game with them, @trennan is my handle.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Have you tried looking in the Forums section of the Klingon Imperial Diplomatic Corps? They are a club or a special interest group that has created a knowledge database of all things Klingon and their Klingon ways.

They are more concerned with fleshing out the Klingon culture, I assume from what is shown on TV and movies. It may help some to read some of the back and forth between forum goers over there. Though, it may be deeper than you want to get into for a Foundry mission. Lots of topics listed in their forums.

http://www.klingon.org/contact.html

Forums: http://www.klingon.org/smboard/index.php

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

no it isnt but it does open up interesting story opportunity.
    For one as you said some may not have an heir yet or said heir is to young, plus the iconion war would likely have had an effect on many houses and some of those leaders could have been killed specifically since the planet is attacked during the war.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok