test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online for PS4 Question for Lifers on PC

If you're a Lifer like me, does that lifer status also transfer over to PS4? What about characters? Can or will our accounts be accessed through the PS4 and PC? I would think this shouldn't be a problem although the coding language is different.......

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    No. Nothing you bought on the PC transfers to PS4 and X1. You also can't transfer an existing captain from the PC.

They are considered separate accounts. It's a new game, you start fresh.
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I haven't seen yet that there will be any kind of subscription model, other than F2P. Though as far and wide as news is spread, and never centrally located in a place where it can be easily found, that's not surprising.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    tiekosora wrote: »
    I haven't seen yet that there will be any kind of subscription model, other than F2P. Though as far and wide as news is spread, and never centrally located in a place where it can be easily found, that's not surprising.

Seriously doubt there will be a subscription since the only reason why there is a subscription here is due to the LTS. They might release a Veteran bundle that contains all the ingame items from the LTS (Liberated Borg race, Talaxian race, Heavy Destroyer ships, etc) without the 500 Zen stipend and other subscription bonuses.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    starkaos wrote: »
    tiekosora wrote: »

Seriously doubt there will be a subscription since the only reason why there is a subscription here is due to the LTS. They might release a Veteran bundle that contains all the ingame items from the LTS (Liberated Borg race, Talaxian race, Heavy Destroyer ships, etc) without the 500 Zen stipend and other subscription bonuses.

Does Neverwinter on the 360 do something like that or do they have a sub feature? Looking at existing MMOs on console might give us a clue. Elder Scrolls is B2P so no sub, and Defiance was like that at first I believe, but since we do have Neverwinter... THAT one might give us a clue.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Neverwinter doesn't have a sub for PC. At least none that I could ever find.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    ESO DOES have a sub option; it's called ESO Plus​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Console versions are supposed to launch this fall. But I've yet to see any kind of advertisement for it on the PS4 marketplace....They uhhh, might want to get on that.

Won't be playing it myself on PS4 (too much invested on PC) but I've got one of my friends interested in trying out the AoY stuff on PS4. I might make a f2p account just to run the missions with him.
    Get him started on the right foot so to speak.

I really hope they have a marketing blitz planned for September, because I've yet to see anything about it on console.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    You know i think this is almost at FCT level​​
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    No. Nothing you bought on the PC transfers to PS4 and X1. You also can't transfer an existing captain from the PC.

They are considered separate accounts. It's a new game, you start fresh.

Man that sucks, but understandable depending on how they are making this for those platforms.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Won't be playing it myself on PS4 (too much invested on PC) but I've got one of my friends interested in trying out the AoY stuff on PS4. I might make a f2p account just to run the missions with him.
    Get him started on the right foot so to speak.

The console version of STO will be as of Season 11.5. That means AoY is excluded and will not be coming to the consoles until sometime in 2017. Based people comparing Neverwinter Console and Neverwinter PC, there is an approximate 6 month delay between console and PC.

IF STO Console launches in Sept 2016, then that could mean AoY will not be launched until Jan 2018 (6 months after the launch of AoY) or March 2018 (6 months after the launch of STO Console).

AoY introduced a lot of bugs and they need to addressed before it is released on the console because Sony and Microsoft have very stringent guidelines when it comes to releasing games / content / patches for the console. That means Cryptic is not free to release weekly patches or emergency patches whenever they feeling like doing so.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    :disappointed: ^^^

Damn, was really looking forward to showing my buddy the AoY episode arc...
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg