test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the last great forum meltdown?

people will always whine and that will never change but i had a sobering thought: have we witnessed the last "great" forum meltdown?

no seriously think about it: the end game connie has been the most requested thing since launch. now we finally get it, and its in a lock box, and people understandably melt down. its like someone in starfleet dental said: the devs have now trolled the players better than they could have ever hoped to.

so is this going to be the last great forum meltdown? what could possibly top putting an end game connie in a lock box? what issue could possibly beat this???

Comments

• thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    How many puppets could a sockpuppet puppet if a sockpuppet could sock puppets?
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No. Whiners' gonna whine. Always.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    There will be more.

One can never underestimate Cryptic/PWE's ability in doing stupid stuff.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    DOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    There will be more.

One can never underestimate Cryptic/PWE's ability in doing stupid stuff.

This much is true. Yup yup yup. :trollface:
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Time has taught me that you never quite know what will cause a *great* meltdown here on STO. The sky is the limit as to what people on this game will completely lose their heads over.

I've lost my head about all kinds of things about this game. That reminds me where is my head? I need a head start on trying to find it. :tongue::trollface:
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    people will always whine and that will never change but i had a sobering thought: have we witnessed the last "great" forum meltdown?

no seriously think about it: the end game connie has been the most requested thing since launch. now we finally get it, and its in a lock box, and people understandably melt down. its like someone in starfleet dental said: the devs have now trolled the players better than they could have ever hoped to.

so is this going to be the last great forum meltdown? what could possibly top putting an end game connie in a lock box? what issue could possibly beat this???

For real? meltdown? you must be REAL new to these forums. Do you recall when this game went F2P and the foul language employed at that time and visions of doom/gloom. Or perhaps when STF rewards went from random to a rep system like now....got people pissed much about it that even Dstahl (former EP) had to apologize to player base. Or the great froundry fiasco when players used to grind real EC/Dilithium/Marks off the foundry in great amounts before it got slammed shut...that was a "revolution" in the forums.
    Or perhaps the latest Argala nerfdoom when DR launched...lots of players exited this game and the forums were real flamed with memes depicting Cryptic to extreme laughable ways...cost the job of the former EP and community manager.

You cannot call this situation with the Connies as forums..."in flame". Probably in scale of what I've seen these forums in the past might be a 0.00001 or 1 at most out of 10. Not many peeps are fond of the connie as you might suspect.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Time has taught me that you never quite know what will cause a *great* meltdown here on STO. The sky is the limit as to what people on this game will completely lose their heads over.

DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    storules wrote: »

For real? meltdown? you must be REAL new to these forums. Do you recall when this game went F2P and the foul language employed at that time and visions of doom/gloom. Or perhaps when STF rewards went from random to a rep system like now....got people pissed much about it that even Dstahl (former EP) had to apologize to player base. Or the great froundry fiasco when players used to grind real EC/Dilithium/Marks off the foundry in great amounts before it got slammed shut...that was a "revolution" in the forums.
    Or perhaps the latest Argala nerfdoom when DR launched...lots of players exited this game and the forums were real flamed with memes depicting Cryptic to extreme laughable ways...cost the job of the former EP and community manager.

You cannot call this situation with the Connies as forums..."in flame". Probably in scale of what I've seen these forums in the past might be a 0.00001 or 1 at most out of 10. Not many peeps are fond of the connie as you might suspect.​​

Yeah. People's own pet issues always seem bigger than everyone elses.

In the end this is just a repeat of the dil sink outfit whine-a-thon a while back. People getting their knickers in a twist because something they want turned out to be more expensive than they can afford. After the promo is over, the whiners will soon be begging Cryptic for a re-run just like everyone else.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    We'll find something.

Maybe Borg Cube Lockboxes, or a Cardassian mini-faction that doesn't fit what people expected, an exploration system that isn't explory enough or whatever.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It's the only legitimate whine I've come across. Maybe this or the one about lack of Klingon/Romulan content.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    The next meltdown will be: buy a lifetime subscription and have a chance to win a borg cube (t6)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The next meltdown will be: buy a lifetime subscription and have a chance to win a borg cube (t6)

And the ones that already have a LTS don't qualify for the contest.
  • themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I've been playing since day one and I want my god dam Klingon Pimp coat already. In all honesty though the PVP sub-forum always burning. So I can imagine they would be the first to explode if PVP was removed or something.
    "Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I doubt it will be the "last great meltdown" people will be pissed about the R&D promo, rightly so imo, but they will keep playing if they like the game. I don't see many people leaving the game over it. I personally am slightly annoyed because I had been waiting for a T6 D7 for a while and now it's been put behind a paywall so I won't be able to get it.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Biggest meltdown would be wanting Orion slave girls in "pink" color rather than green fish-1.gif

You upset about connies on a pack....WHO CARES fish-41.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's the only legitimate whine I've come across. Maybe this or the one about lack of Klingon/Romulan content.​​

Now we know what your pet issues are ;)

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Wait until years down the line, Tier 7 drops.
    themic609 wrote: »
    I've been playing since day one and I want my god dam Klingon Pimp coat already. In all honesty though the PVP sub-forum always burning. So I can imagine they would be the first to explode if PVP was removed or something.

Agreed. And the Lursa and B'etor dress.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The last real meltdown was the infamous Argala incident. People still flinch when they hear this name. Everything that came afterwards was just a minor squabble.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I'm sure we'll see plenty of howling when multiple copies of Superior Romulan Operative no longer stacks and B:FAW gets the nerf it so richly deserves...
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's the only legitimate whine I've come across. Maybe this or the one about lack of Klingon/Romulan content.

Now we know what your pet issues are ;)

All you had to do was ask. But you haven't anyway. I've no interest in TOS ships of any sort. There's a list of ships (Typhoon, Norway, Yeager, KonsTitution, Newton) I want and those three don't feature on it at all. I also barely play my Klingons or Romulans. My Delta Fed and my TOS Fed are my new mains.

I simply capable of expressing empathy with people that are being locked out of faction content in favour of feeding the whales.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    I'm with the people who say there will always be another giant whinefest.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    never EVER challenge someone to try and top their as.sholery...because they will ALWAYS find a way to do so​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    IDK if I'd call it a meltdown per se as it didn't generate 1/10th the response some earlier STO Dev design decisions (and one - the refactoring and decrease of Dilithium Ore rewards from STFs was nearly fully reversed due to STO Forum and other social media outcry) had caused. There's not a real 'Threadnaught' anywhere to be seen.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    an exploration system that isn't explory enough
    Oh, my... It's indeed THE thing that may do it.

I still want it, even if it's just old clusters or something similar.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I'm not melting down. Just mildly disappointed. I haven't seriously rage pouted a game since Ultima Online released the "not a mirror" mirror.