test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Pack Promotion

Comments

• zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Meh, another ship I'd like to have but will never own. Good luck to those trying.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Ship stats please.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Yes, this is fine and dandy. If I get either the Connie or the Klingon ship, I'm either never going to sell it on the Exchange and only on the trade channels, or simply trade it for a Romulan Kelvin Carrier or some other ship that comes out in the future.

I've no intention of ever using it though, since I never really liked the original Constitution design in the first place.

I do need more mats though, so this times well for me. If I get one, great. If not, no big deal. Moreso since this will bring about a fresh Dilithium market crash, which I also need for upgrade purposes.

I will admit I've enjoyed the schadenfreude that flowed freely since JJTrek made it into the game, with this adding a fresh wave. But regardless, a T6 Connie now exists, so it's simply a matter of people either putting up or shutting up now about it.

At any rate, since this rules out the ships as a candidate for the 50th, I'm guessing either a T6 NX or T1/T6 Franklin or both, as it's likely that ST:B might also be celebrated during that time, separately from the earlier JJTrek, along with some other ST:B items. A T6 Sovereign would be nice, but I can live without it. Alternatively or in addition, they could also toss in the TRIBBLE lovechild of a Connie and a D7 that is the Discovery as another T1 (Fed) ship, and celebrate its impending release as part of the "Star Trek revival" movement.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Ship stats please.
    Oh boy, this is gonna be good.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Good ol cryptic promoting gambling to minors and others with every lottery they can think of. Can't wait till the law hits them.

The problem is that it's technically not a lottery. They added lobis years ago to make it "legal". You are in fact buying lobis with a chance to get something else...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Good ol cryptic promoting gambling to minors and others with every lottery they can think of. Can't wait till the law hits them.

The problem is that it's technically not a lottery. They added lobis years ago to make it "legal". You are in fact buying lobis with a chance to get something else...

It would be 100% legal even without the lobi, because you cannot win any real world money or anything that can be exchanged for real world money.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited August 2016
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Stop the bloody queen spam already. It's not contributing and not fun to begin with.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    How do they expect to top this for the actual anniversary?

...uh oh. :fearful:

T6 Sovereign lockbox?
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User

Those stats......wow the D7 looks spectacular. Well they all look good but the D7 with temporal and intel seating....possibly the best KDF ship.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

It's pretty much what could be expected. No surprises.
    Combonite is a bit cheesy, but then again the whole of TOS is cheese.

It was interesting to see, but no sale ( no R&D sale to gain access to them) for me.
    Especially the TOS style ship design rubs me the wrong way.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    questerius wrote: »
    Stop the bloody queen spam already. It's not contributing and not fun to begin with.

Actually, it's pretty entertaining (to me, to me.). :tongue:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

It's pretty much what could be expected. No surprises.
    Combonite is a bit cheesy, but then again the whole of TOS is cheese.

It was interesting to see, but no sale ( no R&D sale to gain access to them) for me.
    Especially the TOS style ship design rubs me the wrong way.
    But unlike the Kelvin ships, this time we'll be able to other other costume parts on the ship, so you can modernize your ship design if you prefer it that way.

Though I wonder how they pull it off to mix Connie and Connie Refit parts? I figure you can't actually mix & match parts there, but what about the other Tier 2 costume options?

And the other problem - I want at least some, if not all, of these ships- but which character is supposed to fly them?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    I find these promo packs really annoying stupid and I never win in these stupid things it's just not fare >:(
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    TRIBBLE!!! Just when I was going to save some money up! This is about the only gamble ship that I actually want!
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I didn't expect it for free - but an R&D pack? Would have preferred a lockbox over that; the R&D packs are more expensive and the odds likely no better.

So? Don't buy R&D packs just to get the ship. Use the money to sell keys and buy it with EC. 100% chance to get the ship.

Huh?
    first, if anyone DID put a potential game winning RD ox on the exchange, how would you tell the difference between that one and one bought 6 months ago? the blog points out only newly purchased boxes have the chance. and een if you did buy one from the exchange the odds of it having the ship are exactly the same as all the others.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I didn't expect it for free - but an R&D pack? Would have preferred a lockbox over that; the R&D packs are more expensive and the odds likely no better.

So? Don't buy R&D packs just to get the ship. Use the money to sell keys and buy it with EC. 100% chance to get the ship.

Huh?
    first, if anyone DID put a potential game winning RD ox on the exchange, how would you tell the difference between that one and one bought 6 months ago? the blog points out only newly purchased boxes have the chance. and een if you did buy one from the exchange the odds of it having the ship are exactly the same as all the others.

If you look on the exchange, the boxes show you which ship you have a chance at. All very straightforward.

It's a bit frustrating that such iconic ships are in an R&D box promo, but it's not like they are life necessities and there are plenty of reasonable, cheaper alternatives which give a good TOS theme.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4IqaACsOrQ

• purplesplatpurplesplat Member Posts: 27 Arc User

If everyone treats the TOS Constitution the same way they treated the Kelvin Constitution then the ship will be available on the exchange for a reasonable price. (the Kelvin Constitution is about 50 bucks right now)

Instead of Rage restraint is called for.

Let's be realistic here. The prices on the Exchange are not "reasonable". They're classic capitalistic styled "supply & demand". Anyone wanting to save up enough EC must first purchase the 500Z cap removal. The Dil to Zen exchange rate continues to increase, which means more grinding for individuals.

Restraint isn't what's called for when a system engages the broken version of a capitalistic system rather than the one envisioned.
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Travel through time and space with our all-new R&D Pack Promotion! T6 Connie confirmed.

Now you have a chance to win a new-old-new ship!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Trendy can please tell me why you guys are putting this T6 23c stuff in a promo box instead of the zen store? Just curious and a little miffed by all this. I'd really appreciate it. Uh Trendy and/or Devs I'd like a response please thank you like ASAP please thanks seriously.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Side question, how do the Temporal mechanics pan out? Worth it? I have not opened my Vengence yet to test.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    so another cash grab weekend incoming then (what a shock) , would soon use the c-store to buy a T6Sovi tbh seeing as I find the latest stuff boring
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I have a feeling the only way that CBS would agree to a T6 TOS/TMP Connie' is a one time event, with a small enough percentage chance , that would keep the distribution small.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    *quietly sips drink, reads page*

*gently sets drink onto table*

...Well then. This isn't how I expected this to happen.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    *quietly sips drink, reads page*

*gently sets drink onto table*

...Well then. This isn't how I expected this to happen.

Yep i expected alot more nerd rage and forum fires tbh O.o