test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Al Rivera - I challenge your STO History! :p

Two things that jumped at me in the first paragraph of that article.

While both Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy voiceovers were in the game at release Chase Masterson was not. Her voiceover only was added to the game with Season 2 as our beloved dabo holo. I even faintly recall that some fan asked her on a Con if she wanted to do voiceover work for STO and 'relayed' that to the Devs.

Secondly Klingons did not start at level 20. You had to 'unlock' them by getting to level 20 with a fed 'or' getting the 'blood of a warrior' story accolade which was in Stopping the Signal.
And then you had to start at level 1 with your klingon. The starting level change to 20 was somewhere later, though I cannot exactly recall when without going through 'all' the release notes. However I have a klingon character created as late as the middle of november 2010 who still started at level 1.

Enjoy.
Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I was recounting in my head, all the 'behind-the-scenes' drama here in the assorted forums, as I was reading that.
    Seems to me a LOT of "history" was left out of that particular fairy tale...
    Not mentioning all the little 'missteps' along the way sure does cut the tale short.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    As Sirella would say:
    "You are STRAYING FROM THE SAGA!!"

:tongue:
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    It's common for klingons to exaggerate the story.

Al Rivera is just showing his support for the KDF by exaggerating the history of STO.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    It's common for klingons to exaggerate the story.

Al Rivera is just showing his support for the KDF by exaggerating the history of STO.​​

I don't think he exaggerated so much, as he just didn't fill in all the details of the backstory.

Leaving out the gory details must have been quite a space saver for the blog.
    B)
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I remember Klingons starting at level 6, My Klingon still has the B'rel Bird of Prey. But yes. Klingons starting at level 20 came much later in the story
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I had to unlock my KDF - and that was my first toon to reach lvl in.
    I also remember that there were not many T5 ship Options then
    Kar'fi (no fleet Version then)
    B'rel (Need T shipyard for fleet Version)
    Guremba (no fleet Version)
    Corsair and Scourge (both with fleet versions)
    Veteran ship (no fleet Version then)

and an honorable mention to Voquv' (including fleet Version) and Marauder - which had T5 layout at T4

We definitely have more ships now :grimace:
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    He also left out that Delta Rising was the best expansion ever and the players loved it. >:)
    1xe027q.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    It's Al Rivera. What do you expect? The guy doesn't really bother to play his own game beyond an occasional alpha playtest, so why would you expect him to remember the development history of STO? He's to busy blaming the STO playerbase or passive-aggressively defending his production decisions with statements like:

"If there's an STO feature you like, I probably had something to do with it, and if there's a feature you don't like, there's a chance I may not have had anything to do with it."

"Al Rivera is STO's best Dev yet, and the players love him...." ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."